Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

93 at Bethpage Black! 

On a simulator hahaha. There was a new trugolf simulator put in 15 minutes from my house. Went to go check it out. The owner said he normalized the setting to what he sees on course but I think he really over estimates what he sees.  I’m usually in the 270-300 range depending on roll and I was seeing 180 ball speeds and 340 total distances off the tee. My 6-iron is around 175ish and was easily seeing it fly 190-205. Was great swing a club full go again after 4 months though. 
Im gonna have to figure out how to normalize it so I can use it to really dial in my numbers for the season. It will get a lot of use from me especially at $32 an hour lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

93 at Bethpage Black! 

On a simulator hahaha. There was a new trugolf simulator put in 15 minutes from my house. Went to go check it out. The owner said he normalized the setting to what he sees on course but I think he really over estimates what he sees.  I’m usually in the 270-300 range depending on roll and I was seeing 180 ball speeds and 340 total distances off the tee. My 6-iron is around 175ish and was easily seeing it fly 190-205. Was great swing a club full go again after 4 months though. 
Im gonna have to figure out how to normalize it so I can use it to really dial in my numbers for the season. It will get a lot of use from me especially at $32 an hour lol

That ain’t a bad fee at all. I have a love/hate with simulators. My ball flight is never the same on a simulator than what is on the course. Haven’t quite wrapped my head around it.

That said, they are phenomenal for these wet/cold months when we can’t get to the course. Rather take a simulator than the couch.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

7 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

That ain’t a bad fee at all. I have a love/hate with simulators. My ball flight is never the same on a simulator than what is on the course. Haven’t quite wrapped my head around it.

That said, they are phenomenal for these wet/cold months when we can’t get to the course. Rather take a simulator than the couch.

For me ball flight was fairly close. I try to play a draw but can get a push or snap hook on occasion. If anything the flight may have been lower but that’s hard to tell in a simulator.  I’m guessing golf ball matters as well. The owner said it didn’t but my Bridgestone Tour B XS was hit 4 times and came out with half distances every time but the Srixon he has sitting there was long on everything. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

18 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

I have a love/hate with simulators. My ball flight is never the same on a simulator than what is on the course. Haven’t quite wrapped my head around it.

... If you are a target oriented player that likes to see their ball flight heading to their landing area and expect a specific trajectory window, hitting indoors with no target in the distance can be difficult to impossible. I like to call it being a "gamer" because everything is working together to execute a shot on the course when it counts, but the brain just doesn't process hitting indoors the same. Some can and others like you and myself just aren't very good at it. Same for indoor fittings vs a fitting outdoors at a range where you can see your target and trajectory. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Just now, chisag said:

... If you are a target oriented player that likes to see their ball flight heading to their landing area and expect a specific trajectory window, hitting indoors with no target in the distance can be difficult to impossible. I like to call it being a "gamer" because everything is working together to execute a shot on the course when it counts, but the brain just doesn't process hitting indoors the same. Some can and others like you and myself just aren't very good at it. Same for indoor fittings vs a fitting outdoors at a range where you can see your target and trajectory. 

You hit the nail on the head. I struggle to translate the distance, target, etc to where I am hitting. I just see myself hitting a screen. I have been trying to find a fitter near me that will do it outside instead of on a simulator for that exact reason. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

13 hours ago, chisag said:

I have only been on a simulator 2 times in my life and I did not like it. I think for me it is about the total experience of actually being outside and taking in the wind and the smells on the golf course. Also for me it is the sense of the total trajectory of the land and what I want to try to do. A lot of my game is I invent shots that some may not be pretty but sometimes they work

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Thanks. Yep I think we are on the same page here. And I am actually hitting the ball straighter but I do play a fade by design. I did find out today that I had to open up the left side like I used to do to get through the ball. Today was brutal. The course was wet and it was windy and cold. I did get tight back wise but did not hurt. Lots of places we had a 3 club wind no joke. I disciplined myself which I was proud of and did not hit at it hard and never pushed the issue. We did ok as a team and shot -4 and never struggled which was good for 3rd place out of 16 teams which was not bad. But yep I think I am on the right page

I’ll tip my cap to you for teeing it up yesterday, Stu, you’re a better man than me! 😂 

I was supposed to tee off at 840 in my Saturday low net low gross game but when the rain started Friday night, I sent them an email that I was out. It might be the first time I’ve ever canceled, but this stretch of cold weather we’ve had has just taken a toll. I’m going to pick my spots until it warms up. It turns out I wasn’t the only one either. Out of the 48 players scheduled to play, only 30 showed up. 

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I have only been on a simulator 2 times in my life and I did not like it. I think for me it is about the total experience of actually being outside and taking in the wind and the smells on the golf course. Also for me it is the sense of the total trajectory of the land and what I want to try to do. A lot of my game is I invent shots that some may not be pretty but sometimes they work

That's the beauty of living in the south. You have the luxury to play year round outdoors. The northern boys need a simulator or hit into a net indoors. You just try to adapt to the indoors to keep from losing your swing over the winter.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's the beauty of living in the south. You have the luxury to play year round outdoors. The northern boys need a simulator or hit into a net indoors. You just try to adapt to the indoors to keep from losing your swing over the winter.

For some reason I couldn’t get into simulator golf in the winter months when we lived in CT.  There was simulator leagues in Wallingford & North Haven that I tried a few times but couldn’t get into it.  Felt like bowling league.  Some guys really enjoyed it. 
We definitely are happy in FL and playing year round.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

For some reason I couldn’t get into simulator golf in the winter months when we lived in CT.  There was simulator leagues in Wallingford & North Haven that I tried a few times but couldn’t get into it.  Felt like bowling league.  Some guys really enjoyed it. 

I can’t do sim just because I worry about my tennis elbow flaring up when hitting off of a mat for a few hours. So I’ll only go once or twice a season. I don’t mind the downtime at this time of year to be honest. Gives me time to rest, focus on fitness, devote time to some other stuff, etc. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

That's  funny, but your right it does simulate a bowling league. I couldn't get into it either with groups but having my own has been rewarding. You can hone your game in and play 18 holes in an hour. You don't have to leave the house and play no matter what the weather is outside. 

But I did play in a bowling league up north for many years. So knew exactly what you meant.

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The northern boys need a simulator or hit into a net indoors. You just try to adapt to the indoors to keep from losing your swing over the winter.

... Never could do it. Thankfully we had several domes in the Chicago area so you could at least see your flight for a 150 yds or so. Made all the difference for me. I could pick targets on the far side of the dome instead of whacking balls that I could not see where they hit on a tarp or net.

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Never could do it. Thankfully we had several domes in the Chicago area so you could at least see your flight for a 150 yds or so. Made all the difference for me. I could pick targets on the far side of the dome instead of whacking balls that I could not see where they hit on a tarp or net.

I never had an opportunity to hit inside a dome. Actually never seen one. That could be interesting. 

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I never had an opportunity to hit inside a dome. Actually never seen one. That could be interesting. 

... I think you would love it. Not outdoors but the closest thing to it:

https://www.mistwoodgolfdome.com

18 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Never saw the “Dome” either.  May be one in Orlando.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think you would love it. Not outdoors but the closest thing to it:

https://www.mistwoodgolfdome.com

Very interesting. This was more elaborate than I was invisioning.  I was thinking a big inflatable dome with a teeing area on one end and that's it. Something put up for winter then taken down. 

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Very interesting. This was more elaborate than I was invisioning.  I was thinking a big inflatable dome with a teeing area on one end and that's it. Something put up for winter then taken down. 

... This one was about 3 miles from my house so I was very lucky, but never played there after the upgrades. Originally it was called Ditka Dome and it was a little closer to what you envisioned. Always had food, putting and chipping areas, and it was a big inflatable dome with targets on one end and several short game flags for pitching without LM bells and whistles. But mostly it was warm and no wind to deal with in the middle of winter so it served your purpose of just keeping your swing in semi dormant shape instead of having to start over every spring. 

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ll tip my cap to you for teeing it up yesterday, Stu, you’re a better man than me! 😂 

I was supposed to tee off at 840 in my Saturday low net low gross game but when the rain started Friday night, I sent them an email that I was out. It might be the first time I’ve ever canceled, but this stretch of cold weather we’ve had has just taken a toll. I’m going to pick my spots until it warms up. It turns out I wasn’t the only one either. Out of the 48 players scheduled to play, only 30 showed up. 

Well for me it was a combination of things. I wanted to see if my back would hold up and I wanted the comp. And I figured it would be fun with my original scramble team. My back itself held up fine no pain but I got stiff especially the last 4 holes. But I never pushed the issue swing wise. We did have 16 teams only one cancelled. But I almost did not play. One of the owners had said early that it would be CPO so I said see you later and others said the same so he did reverse it with people taking caution course wise. If he had went CPO he would have lost 75% of the field. But in the future for me I am going to be like you pick my spots weather wise. I mean it was fun with my old buds but miserable weather wise. But even though it was a scramble I stuck to my game plan and hit shots I knew I could play. Yeah it was bad when I had to hit a 7 wood 140 yards into the wind and I hit several 160 170 low cut screamer 3 woods too. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It was a balmy 34 degrees this morning and I decided to hit up the course and walk nine holes. 

I started off by hitting a drive into a tree and having it bounce back into the fairway. It went downhill from there. It was so bad that I stuffed the scorecard into my bag on the 6th hole when looked and was already +21. I think I might have hit 5 good shots on the day. Nothing was working right and the mental game was just mental.

I did make one bogey on the 8th hole and am disappointed I didn't make the 4 footer for par. 

I would say it was probably the worst round of golf I've ever played, but I took the chance to go to the range afterward and iron out a few things. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

It was a balmy 34 degrees this morning and I decided to hit up the course and walk nine holes. 

I started off by hitting a drive into a tree and having it bounce back into the fairway. It went downhill from there. It was so bad that I stuffed the scorecard into my bag on the 6th hole when looked and was already +21. I think I might have hit 5 good shots on the day. Nothing was working right and the mental game was just mental.

I did make one bogey on the 8th hole and am disappointed I didn't make the 4 footer for par. 

I would say it was probably the worst round of golf I've ever played, but I took the chance to go to the range afterward and iron out a few things. 

Good for you, Too cold for my ole butt!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Don't even worry about it. You can't swing with all the layers on or even just one thicker coat. My scores are definitely different between playing in a golf shirt or with jackets on. I don't even try with a coat. Every part of your swing is restricted in one way or another.

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Don't even worry about it. You can't swing with all the layers on or even just one thicker coat. My scores are definitely different between playing in a golf shirt or with jackets on. I don't even try with a coat. Every part of your swing is restricted in one way or another.

... Amen to that. Exactly why I moved to Phoenix. 😜  One piece of advice from Jack was your arms should feel very loose, like overcooked spaghetti. When it gets cold it is more like spaghetti icicles and most definitely impossible to swing loose and free. I know modern hitters can get away with it more than classic swingers but as you said "Every part of your swing is restricted in one way or another."

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

This time of the year we are experiencing golf differently than we did last summer/fall.  It is certainly affecting me!!  I used to enjoy being out playing in cold weather, but after coming back from 2 weeks in Palm Springs, I am loathing cold weather golf.  🥶

We went to the course this morning at our scheduled tee time because I knew they were having a frost delay  When we got there, the grass was white!!!  It was going to be another 2 hours, so we went back home.  When we got a call from the clubhouse, we went back to the course.  it was now 34º; the grass was just thawed, but still hard to get a tee in the ground.  The ball doesn't stop very well, even landing short of the green; but the putting speed is much slower because the top 1/4" of the green is thawed but underneath is hard.  It finally did warm up by the turn to mid-40's, but my game was such a mess by that time.

I rely on my short game and putting heavily to post a decent score.  I had neither.  I had no control of the ball.  I actually drove the ball better than yesterday, but scores weren't any better.  How bad did I play??  Well, let's just say that I got my first par on Hole #16 and I had more triples than I had pars.  😩   I might be waiting until the weather warms up a little more

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

47 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

This time of the year we are experiencing golf differently than we did last summer/fall.  It is certainly affecting me!!  I used to enjoy being out playing in cold weather, but after coming back from 2 weeks in Palm Springs, I am loathing cold weather golf.  🥶

We went to the course this morning at our scheduled tee time because I knew they were having a frost delay  When we got there, the grass was white!!!  It was going to be another 2 hours, so we went back home.  When we got a call from the clubhouse, we went back to the course.  it was now 34º; the grass was just thawed, but still hard to get a tee in the ground.  The ball doesn't stop very well, even landing short of the green; but the putting speed is much slower because the top 1/4" of the green is thawed but underneath is hard.  It finally did warm up by the turn to mid-40's, but my game was such a mess by that time.

I rely on my short game and putting heavily to post a decent score.  I had neither.  I had no control of the ball.  I actually drove the ball better than yesterday, but scores weren't any better.  How bad did I play??  Well, let's just say that I got my first par on Hole #16 and I had more triples than I had pars.  😩   I might be waiting until the weather warms up a little more

It was either the "like" or "sad" emoji but the fact that you are out playing is nothing to be sad about.  If it makes you feel better, we played Las Barrancas today and they delayed start tee times by almost 2 hours because the mowing crew was delayed due to near frost condition around 6:00 am.  But, it was 70F when we teed off at 1212... desert golf is brutal. 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Another half decent round for me on Friday. Played betterball against another pair and ended up using my score on 12 of the holes. 42 points between us 🙂 

Used 3w off the tee on most holes and was really good - 250/260 yards in the short stuff! 

Also starting to putt consistently. Might have been around 30 putts had I counted them up.

A lot of that is down to doing the PuttOut test last year, the work put in got me putting a good line and I was just miss-reading some putts. I'm now reading better and have a strong stroke to help make them go in 👍

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I think that was part of what was happening with me Saturday. I did not hurt but I felt restricted and bound up. Putting for me sucked. I could not feel a thing either bare handed which is normal for me or with 2 gloves on. In fact went to the car at the turn and put the Scotty up and got my Cleveland Blade 8802 style trying to get some feel. One of my partners had an old flanged Bulls Eye in the bag like one I have and I even tried it with no feel. I told them this is bad when I can not feel a Bulls Eye with a stock grip. I for darn sure could not feel my irons with the combo of them being CBs and with graphite shafts. I am a feel and instinct player so I guess I played strictly off of instinct. Even though in the past I loved playing in the wet wind and cold and considered it a challenge I think it will be a no no for me now. I guess being older and injured has changed things for me. I do know since the accident I have gotten more cold natured. 

G

After three LONG weeks, due to snow, I was able to play yesterday.  Have you ever had one of those rounds where everything just went right?  Drives, mid irons, around the green, and putting?  Yeah, me either.....🤣

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

23 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... Amen to that. Exactly why I moved to Phoenix. 😜  One piece of advice from Jack was your arms should feel very loose, like overcooked spaghetti. When it gets cold it is more like spaghetti icicles and most definitely impossible to swing loose and free. I know modern hitters can get away with it more than classic swingers but as you said "Every part of your swing is restricted in one way or another."

Winter golf is a different beast, that's for sure. I could tell the difference in my swing from the time I started playing until I peeled my jacket off and hit the range. The shots afterward felt loose and seemed to be flying a lot better and that was an encouraging way to end my day on the course.