MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

7/14 fir

11/18 gir

31 putts

Not pretty but effective. 3rd straight 73. All different varieties to get to that score but consistent scoring nonetheless. I will take that. 

• Like 8

- 80 (+8)  

- 4/15 FIR 

- 8/18 GIR (1 birdie)

- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 12 2-putts, 4 1-putts) 

- 3:00 Round Time

Back at my home course this morning and had another great round for me. Sadly my putting kind of fell off on the last four holes, with the three-putts coming on 15 and 18 and costing me my second-ever sub-80 round. It's OK - the course gave me two very generous bounces today in my favor that saved me at least three strokes.

Didn't find as many fairways but wasn't far off them. Need to post an update in the Epic Flash thread because it's been money for me with my "rediscovered" driver swing.

• Like 8

Well, I have been experimenting this week with mixed bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue
3W & 5W: PowerBilt Air Force One
4H: Tour Edge CBX119 22*
5-8 iron: PowerBilt Air Force One (graphite shafts)
41/45/49/53/57 Wedges: SCOR (steel shafts)
Putter: Friday: Ping Ketsch.....Sat&Sun: Evnroll E6

3 rounds at Pebble Creek(my home club):

Friday: 41/45:86.....one Birdie
Saturday: 40/47:87...one Birdie
Sunday: 40/46/86...two Birdies

My current handicap is 17, so the rounds are pretty good. But I know I can do better. Dilemma: Do I stay with the mixed bag or do Ig9 back to either the Cobra F8’s or Hogan Ptx’s.

The plethora of birdies says that using steel shafts for my scoring clubs may be helping. They may be more accurate than the Recoil graphite shafts. In the near future I have one week in Hilton Head(annual trip) then our Fall 2 day tourney in mid October.

The reason I switched out my bag was I have been having major issues with Arccos and my iWatch(Series 3). It seems that after about 12 holes, the system fails to advance to the next hole, putting all the shots on one Hole. Have spoken at length with Arccos and am waiting for their reply.

Back to my bag....should I stick with consistent play(3 rounds) or should I put the Cobras or Hogans back in play. Next to last round before I took a week off was a 78 with the Hogans.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

..my wife walked all 18 holes with her.  They talked and talked and talked and talked and talked.... and talked.

😄 LOL'ING!!! 😄

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

😄 LOL'ING!!! 😄

Yeah, I wasn't LOL'ing.  I was wondering what happened to the 3 things a caddie should do... Show up, Shut up, Keep up.  My wife played horribly, but she had fun!!

• Like 6

Today was a completely different day, all together now.  We had a bunch of T-storms overnight, a little rain and temps in the 60's a tee time and breezy.  I had to wear a pullover.  I started par, birdie, par, par but then I lost my swing.  Ball wasn't carrying as far as usual, and I tried to get a little extra out of every shot; started spraying everywhere.  Shot 85.  I need to head to the range tomorrow to get my rhythm back.

• Like 9

Yeah, I wasn't LOL'ing.  I was wondering what happened to the 3 things a caddie should do... Show up, Shut up, Keep up.  My wife played horribly, but she had fun!!

Happy Wife Happy Life

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

My putter has just been MIA the past two rounds. Absolutely atrocious! And my wedges have been suspect as well. Thankfully, everything else has been solid. 2 near miss hole in ones yesterday! New old move with the swing has been very beneficial. Sometimes going back and watching old lessons Sparks my brain.

Saturday - 76 with 35 putts

Sunday - 77 with 32 putts.

Considering my putting average is 27.1 per round this year...the 3 - three putts and missing by a mile is super frustrating. Not seeing the line well at all. Hit about 100 putts on my birdieball green this afternoon. We'll see how it goes tomorrow for the last night of league. Screenshot_20190908-193145.jpg.2403cb964d4c400dcbc2e69695f18d6a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yesterday, I played extremely well.  Today, I felt like I was playing in a cow pasture and stepping in the droppings.  Couldn't seem to make solid contact and couldn't buy a putt.  Moved back on the tee box, but that was only part of the issue.  Short game was a nightmare.  Oh well....that's probably why golf is a 4 letter word.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

should I stick with consistent play(3 rounds) or should I put the Cobras or Hogans back in play. Next to last round before I took a week off was a 78 with the Hogans.

Play another round with the Hogans and see what happens. If you go low again with them, keep them in the bag.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

par

par

par

NINE

SEVEN

EIGHT

It was as if I was possessed by the original me when I had my first ever game!!😂

/That is all

I would love to tell you I can't relate to that kind of game, but, unfortunately, I can....

• Like 4

21 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

par

par

par

NINE

SEVEN

EIGHT

It was as if I was possessed by the original me when I had my first ever game!!😂

/That is all

That is a loooonnnggg course that has a par 9, par 7 and par 8 all in a row. Never seen anything like that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Took my 58 Wilson’s out again yesterday but instead of the old blade putter I stuck my Ping Day putter in the bag. Also replaced the circa 1959 Stan Thompson driver with my “modern” early 80’s Cleveland Classic TC15 persimmon driver with graphite shaft. Those changes brought my 91 from two weeks ago down to an 81 yesterday. I was able to carry the creek on #2 again yesterday. Only been able to carry it twice with persimmon (230 carry) and both times it was with this Cleveland.

As for the putter, I’m sure the heel-toe weighted Ping helped a bit on off-center strikes but my distance control was way better. I find the old bronze Ping putters have the feel I like. The forged steel blade putter I was rolling everything too far.

Very happy with my iron play and my 1957 Wilson Triple Duty wedge with its E1 swingweight has become my favorite club from anywhere 50 yards and in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

We played an early 9 at Palmer Legends. Actually 1st group played 9 2nd Group was going for 18.
All of our group started out really lousy but we kinda got it together last 5 holes. The first 4 holes we need a Team of Eagle Scouts to find our balls
I ended up putting very well last 5 holes driver OK but ball striking irons was inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Played today with my oldest son at Lincoln West - I haven't played for a little over a week due to my back. I have had a great summer back health wise but the last few weeks have been rough so I thought I would take a break. It was really windy today so I had to scramble at the start of the round but once I got going, I played great. I was in four bunkers (1 fairway bunker/3 green side) today which is a lot for me. The first green side bunker shot was relatively easy but the other two were really deep bunkers with the green being above the my head but I hit 3 really good shots and got up and down 2 out 3 times. It would have been 3 for 3 but I hit a really poor putt - a horrendous pull from 4 ft 😡 but all in all I was really pleased with my bunker play. That poor putt led to my only bogey of the day but I was able to offset that with 4 birdies which was better than my last round of 71 where I hit the ball well but couldn't find a putt.

FIR 6/13

GIR 12/18

Putts 27

My son shot 77 but after his 69 a few weeks ago - he thinks every round over that is terrible 🙂 - I was proud of the way he managed his game today when he didn't have his best stuff. We play golf every Monday (which is his day off) and it's such a great day - crazy that my boy has a boy and is no longer a boy at all - proud of him. This is a great game - I hope I can share it with his son too.

• Like 7