MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

39 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Got to play @edingc's home course, Western Greens, hauled booty out of work and got in 18! Solid course, especially on the cheap.

47, 42: 89.

36% FIR, 39% GIR, 38 putts.

Front 9 was pretty shaky. Most of it boiled down to just not being comfortable with the new putter (more to come soon 😏), but had 4 holes where I 3-putted. Bunch of absolute bunnies I just whiffed. Settled in on the back, especially with the putter. Only had 17 putts on the back.

Ball striking felt really good. Felt like I was actually seeing the improvements from the range translate over to the course which was great.

I feel like I'm primed for a good round, hopefully I'll be reporting back here soon with confetti and balloons!

Bet it was in great shape today, dried out a bit from the rain last week.

Glad you got a chance to play. Not the nicest course around us, but a decent value considering. Greens play tough, there's a ton of subtle undulations from over the years that are tricky. I still have at least one putt a round that doesn't do anything like I'd expect.

• Like 5

Bad day at The Babe......43/45:88 played off almost bare fairways, drives were fine, but approach shots were hit a tad fat or soft off very thin fairways. Seems they scalped the fairways after dealing with several weeks of heavy rain. Instead of gradually cutting down the Bermuda, they scalped it leaving no leaves for photosynthesis to occur.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

40 minutes ago, edingc said:

Bet it was in great shape today, dried out a bit from the rain last week.

Glad you got a chance to play. Not the nicest course around us, but a decent value considering. Greens play tough, there's a ton of subtle undulations from over the years that are tricky. I still have at least one putt a round that doesn't do anything like I'd expect.

Yeah, totally agree. They don't look super intimidating, but then you're ball starts doing some dancing back and forth...

Also, what's with the 265 yd par 3??? Haha I thought there was some sort of mistake with the tee box at first

• Like 3

Bad day at The Babe......43/45:88 played off almost bare fairways, drives were fine, but approach shots were hit a tad fat or soft off very thin fairways. Seems they scalped the fairways after dealing with several weeks of heavy rain. Instead of gradually cutting down the Bermuda, they scalped it leaving no leaves for photosynthesis to occur.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That’s what they USED to do here. Head Greenskiller “resigned” a short time ago and we have a new guy. So far not too bad. The Exec next to me is usually in bad shape but greens this morning we’re great.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Shot a -1, 70 today with 4 birdies. Oddly, I birdied 3 of the toughest holes... strange

driver was ok but not stellar, but irons were exceptional, as was the putter. Two of the birds were within a foot, and the other two were about 10 feet. Many other close putts too. Was a great day...

• Like 9

7 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Also, what's with the 265 yd par 3??? Haha I thought there was some sort of mistake with the tee box at first

The card lists it as a 3/4. I consider it a par 4. From the front tees it's definitely par 3, but from the back it's tough.

Doesn't really matter for handicapping purposes since that's based on rating and slope, but when I post my scores my +/- is always based on this being a par 4. 🤣

• Like 6

19 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Tuesday Men's League - 18 stroke play. Not so hot - the Driver was working, but on the front the short game was abysmal. On the back I was able to recover some with a 44. 

But wait.....when  I get home my wife says she'd like to play 18. So I told her I'd go with her and probably only play the front.....................wait for it....I got a bird on #4..................................................................................................................

IMG_6201.JPG.7943f2fc8586749f50f016bd9b67eaf1.JPG

AND my nemesis hole - the one that the best I've ever done is a bogie. I parred that hole THE SPELL  is broken! AND I booked a 41 - best I've ever done on the front! 

happydance.gif.ed5f33a663e7e7bf2ad07fc48c03e21c.gif 

Your wife's reaction... priceless! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Your wife's reaction... priceless! 🤣

Yeah I'm pretty fortunate that she wants to play golf. On the other hand she like I, has the same love-hate relationship with the game 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Wednesday morning Big Boy and I played the 18. Front 9 mixed results, everything sucked except the putter. Really bad play, 47.
Back 9 driver was doing pretty good, not great but adequate. Irons still a tempo problem, putter not as good as front but 42.
47-42=89
Could be worse

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Yeah I'm pretty fortunate that she wants to play golf. On the other hand she like I, has the same love-hate relationship with the game 🙂

Sounds like she was a good luck charm for you. I suggest you specifically ask her to go with you more often. Even though we each have our guy and gal groups, my husband is my favorite person to play with. And when I'm in a tournament he comes out to follow me and vice versa.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wednesday morning Big Boy and I played the 18. Front 9 mixed results, everything sucked except the putter. Really bad play, 47.
Back 9 driver was doing pretty good, not great but adequate. Irons still a tempo problem, putter not as good as front but 42.
47-42=89
Could be worse

I forgot to mention we had a 4th join us for front 9. He’s going to be 89 Saturday!! Unbelievable, he played from front Tees and still had game. His Tee to green was good but putting a little off. I’m guessing his eyesight had something to do with that. He was a pleasure to have with us.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Sounds like she was a good luck charm for you. I suggest you specifically ask her to go with you more often. Even though we each have our guy and gal groups, my husband is my favorite person to play with. And when I'm in a tournament he comes out to follow me and vice versa.

This year has been pretty hectic for my wife.  We play every weekend, but she gave up playing with the ladies league and tournaments on Saturday mornings, because the weekends were the only time we played 18 together.  Last month she sold her business, so she is now "semi-retired."  She still has lots to do, but maybe next year she can play more with the ladies, because we will be able to play other days.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

This year has been pretty hectic for my wife.  We play every weekend, but she gave up playing with the ladies league and tournaments on Saturday mornings, because the weekends were the only time we played 18 together.  Last month she sold her business, so she is now "semi-retired."  She still has lots to do, but maybe next year she can play more with the ladies, because we will be able to play other days.

Hooray for both of you. I do the same - give up other play times in favor of playing with my husband on weekends and some weekday evenings.

Want to help grow women's golf - ask us to play.

• Like 6

Played 9 with an accomplished player last night.  Overcast conditions with damp, thick, heavy air.  Humidity was high but the temperatures were in the mid 60's.  I birdied three of the first four holes.  Bogeyed a tough par 3 and pared everything else for a 33.

All in all, very happy with where my game is right now.  Also very happy with the cooler temperatures.  

• Like 6

Well the last three rounds were something else. 

Had an 18 hole round where I was shooting 36 through 8 and was on track for breaking 90. On the back I blew up shooting a 50 and ended up shooting 93.

Then last week I played and shot a very fortuante 40. The type of round where every shot was hit very thing but runs dead straight at pins. My putting and chipping was on point and ended up shooting well below my handicap.

Then came the mens league and playoffs. I started out hot with two pars. The guy I played against also had two pars. I got a hole ahead of him with a par on 4, Otherwise it was two players playing lights out. We both shot 4 over 40's but I won after taking a bogey on the hole I got a stroke on. 

My partner had a rough go of it early but rallied valiantly but it wasn't enough as we ended up losing by one hole. A few missed birdie putts would have changed the match drastically but it was a tough ask.

Then again so were two 18 handicappers shooting 40. (for the record, I used to play to a 12 but have struggled over the last two years so this is more of a return to form then anything else)

• Like 7

It was gorgeous out today and shot an asterisk 79 on some really quick punched greens. We decided on automatic two putts for the greens. Not a bad day for $25.

Reservoir Creek in Naples, NY on the southern tip of Canandaigua Lake is a true gem of the region.

I didn’t keep stats because of the greens but had a great day in the sun.

Image1568925091.187046.thumb.jpg.d834d1c7bee57da2963a25429e964acf.jpg
Image1568925070.571065.thumb.jpg.ff5b1982e15ff7e663e50038cfe7e26e.jpg
IMG_9620.thumb.JPG.473c3d6b71bf372d0eb247d8ac2668a5.JPG
IMG_9627.thumb.JPG.cc130bf85808beb52f323efa2452b0d8.JPGImage1568925160.228302.thumb.jpg.f20f228407f12d25c0d95dff1dcc45f3.jpg

Beautiful course!

• Like 3