GolfSpy MBP

NoSweat Absorbing Hat Liners

curious to see how this goes, but does it get hot enough in Vancouver to sweat ??? :lol:

I've got plenty of hats with sweat stains so I hope this does what it claims to do.

• Like 2

Very interesting! If it's claims can be backed up I might need to invest in a few units for my college hats that need to last!

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron hats have been coming with some sort of sweatband that works well to prevent stains. Not sure if it's this brand or not but if it's as good as the ones on Scotty hats then it's a good product imo

Scotty Cameron hats have been coming with some sort of sweatband that works well to prevent stains. Not sure if it's this brand or not but if it's as good as the ones on Scotty hats then it's a good product imo

This appears to be more than a sweat band. Covers most of the front crown

I have ruined so many hats because of the sweat generated in the Louisiana heat. I'm curious to see how this “feels”. Lord knows O could use them right now to save a few more hats from the ugly sweat stains!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey guys, I have thought about getting something like this but I found an easy way to keep my hats from getting stained. I sweat when I walk up the stairs in my home (I'm 5'10" 175lbs) so I needed to figure out how to keep my hats from staining. All I do is wet a toothbrush, put a bit of soap on it and lightly brush where the sweats stains will show up. They key is to not get the brim of the cap soaked as the more often you do it the brim will get weaker. Once you have scrubbed the hat just leave on top of a bowl to keep shape snd let dry. I have done this over 10 times to my favourite TaylorMade hat and it still looks brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How much space does it take up in the hat?  I have a huge melon and already have a hard time finding hat's that fit right.  I love the idea of sweat absorbtion to make my hats last longer, but I really can't make them much smaller.

Really only a skull cap inside my hat would prevent sweat stains. I was working in the yard yesterday and my hat wouldn't even stay on my head it had taken on so much perspiration.

I wish I'd had one yesterday. Normally sweating is not that big a deal in W. Texas as it's a very dry climate. However, yesterday was brutal. The night before we had a good rain so yesterday was very humid.

If I find one locally I might give it try or keep one in my bag to pop out on days like yesterday.

Good find.

This is interesting. I wear a hat every day all day except when indoors-been doing so for as long as I can remember...Anyway I, as a member of the "Big fat white guy" club, tend to sweat just looking at stairs and have many hats that just get trashed. I may have to try one of these but have the same concern about fit & feel as GS Meyer does...

I used one similar from another company, just peel and stick it in your hat easy enough. When you have it in your hat, I did not notice even having it in my hat. Made from super absorbent material and supposed to keep sweat and oil away from the headband.

The first time using it was around 75 degrees, the band got soaked as well as the headband and did notice sweat marks on the front of my hat the day after. So I am not sure how this is supposed to protect your hat. Try again...

Today it was around 95 with real feel temperatures over a 100+ and HUMID!!!! This did absolutely nothing, did not keep sweat out of my eyes and my entire hat was soaked after 4 holes, taken I do perspire more than normal.

I think this is good to use under NORMAL conditions for everyday usage.

Can't wait for your experience with yours GolfSpy MBP and I will use mine in a new hat to see if it does indeed keeps away odor after many usages.1530464702441.jpeg

#PowerToThePlayer

• Like 1

I use these. They work pretty great. We call them "hat diapers" as that is exactly what they are. A hat liner with diaper gel inside.

• Like 1

Man after this weekend I should probably invest in these.

I used one similar from another company, just peel and stick it in your hat easy enough. When you have it in your hat, I did not notice even having it in my hat. Made from super absorbent material and supposed to keep sweat and oil away from the headband.

The first time using it was around 75 degrees, the band got soaked as well as the headband and did notice sweat marks on the front of my hat the day after. So I am not sure how this is supposed to protect your hat. Try again...

Today it was around 95 with real feel temperatures over a 100+ and HUMID!!!! This did absolutely nothing, did not keep sweat out of my eyes and my entire hat was soaked after 4 holes, taken I do perspire more than normal.

I think this is good to use under NORMAL conditions for everyday usage.

Can't wait for your experience with yours GolfSpy MBP and I will use mine in a new hat to see if it does indeed keeps away odor after many usages.attachicon.gif1530464702441.jpeg

#PowerToThePlayer

That looks like a lady's panty shield! Which gives me an idea! :lol:

• Like 3

I'd rather buy a new hat than explain to my wife why I needed one of her pads to keep my hat from showing sweat. Or explain to her that it's not a feminine product and just something that looks VERY similar. 

If you wear white hats, just wear it while you're in a chlorinated pool. Just dunk the sucker a few time, let it marinate in the pool and the water will bleach/clean it right up! 

Did a little more research and found that they seem to max at 3 rounds before no longer sticking and need to be thrown away and replaced. Ended up purchasing another similar product from SweatHawg that can be machine washed and used again.

Hat liners wouldn't work for me.  Where it's hot and humid, I would be all over them.  However, here in the desert I use the watering stations on the course to soak my hat to cool my head.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Fraserdave45

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a press release from adidas golf regarding it's 2019 adicross line.
      CARLSBAD, Calif. (November 28, 2018) – For golfers, the game never stops. adidas is continuing to push the boundaries with adicross, the urban-inspired, non-traditional line that’s meant for golfers both on and off the course. Today, adidas unveiled the 2019 adicross line, highlighted by Primeknit material and new footwear specifically designed for wear-anywhere versatility. The new apparel will be available December 1, 2018 and footwear beginning February 1, 2019.   The spring/summer 2019 adicross apparel line differentiates itself by featuring select articles with adidas’ Primeknit material, a first in the game. Because of its seamless construction, the material wears flatter to the skin, features a lot of stretch, and has a look of a woven garment without losing its shape. These pieces are cool to the body, feature moisture-wicking fabric and will form for individual fit. Key articles include the adicross Primeknit Polo ($110), adicross Primeknit Sweatshirt ($200) and adicross Primeknit Anorak Hoodie ($180).   Other new additions to the adicross spring/summer 2019 line include:   adicross Piqué Polo ($80) Wider at the body with a straight silhouette Shaped hem, soft feel Unique golf print   No-show Transition Henley Shirt ($70) Three-button Henley collar Short sleeves No-show technology stops appearance of sweat before it gets to the surface   adicross Hybrid Shorts ($85) Stretchy fabric Front pockets, one back pocket Drawcord-adjustable elastic waist with zip fly   adicross favorites like the No-Show Transition Polo ($75), Henley Long sleeve ($80), Anorak Jacket ($120), Graphic and Big Logo Tees ($40), Five-Pocket Pants ($90) and shorts ($75), Flat bill hat ($30), and Oxford Shirt ($90), which now features mesh ribbed cuffs, will round out the apparel line.   Continuing to shake up the traditions of the game, the adicross line will also introduce new footwear: the adicross PPF and the Crossknit 3.0.   The latter is the latest rendition of the popular Crossknit franchise that was first introduced in 2016. Built on the same last as adidas’ Ultraboost running shoe, this version will feature a lace closure with reflective laces and internal lace loops, a lightweight water-repellant heathered textile upper and the spikeless Puremotion outsole. The Crossknit 3.0 ($150) available in three colorways (grey, blue, and black with green outsole) is designed for comfort utilizing BOOST™ cushioning without sacrificing traction, favored by players who are looking for something both comfortable and untraditional.   The adicross PPF ($90) is new to the adicross line, giving golfers another non-traditional spikeless footwear option for the course. The sneaker-like upper features leather, microfiber and textile materials to provide a breathable feel that’s also water-repellant. The Puremotion outsole features 169 strategically placed lugs for optimal traction and flexible Bounce midsole cushioning giving wearers a springy feel for wear-anywhere comfort.   Both the Crossknit 3.0 and adicross PPF will be available online at adidas.com and at select retailers worldwide beginning Feb. 1, 2019.   The entire adicross apparel line will be available online at adidas.com and at select retailers worldwide beginning Dec. 1.   Here are just a few images.  You can find more at the above links on the dates listed.      

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Introducing the new Titleist Tour Rope Flat Bill – now available through My Titleist on Titleist.com. 

Link: https://www.titleist.com/product/tour-rope-flat-bill/017HA1T.html 

Titleist Tour Rope Flat Bill 
       - A refreshed take on a classic design, our new Tour Rope Flat Bill features a trendy flat bill, braided rope and an adjustable, snapback closure for a style that's all its own. 
      - Over the last few weeks, this hat style has been worn on the PGA Tour by Adam Scott, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Cameron Smith and Jason Kokrak. 

Product Details 
      - Vintage style, inspired by the game's history 
      - Trendy flat bill design 
      - Braided rope accent, running across the wearer's front 
      - As worn on Tour with authentic Tour logos 
      - Organic cotton material and Titleist proprietary snapback closure 
      - Antimicrobial, moisture-wicking sweatband 

• By Jason1981
      I am new to mygolfspy.com and I love all of it.  I have recently started golfing again regularly and am interested in some new clubs and overall improving my game with and without technology. My handicap is somewhere around 18-22 if I had to guess.

Driver: Orlimar tri-metal 440cc
      fairway woods: also olimar tri-metal
      Irons: ACER XK pro 4-GW
      slotline putter (probably 28 years old)
      titelist 14 way bag
      brooks running shoes.

I don't have favorite grips, but my hands sweat even when they shouldn't and am in the market.

I am also a big guy...5'10 300+ and am trying to lose weight while improving my golf game.

I am intrigued by blades.  If I can hit them well, I know I am doing it right.  (I don't own blades).

Say hello, and any advice would be appreciated.

Jason
    • By shanks4nothin
      For how long has "demand" been a rating category in Golf Digest's Hot List? The 2016 list is absurd. All the "demand" stars go to the largest brands, which make the difference between gold and silver in aggregate. 

I'm sorry if I am repeating what everyone already complains about here but this is my first hot list as a MGS member and am curious what the community thinks about this. 

Also, I'm pretty sure I'veread every single comment about every single club this year, and NONE of them were negative, none. Some were more positive than others, but every tester liked every club? Come on.... 
    • By GolfSpy MBP
      NOW LIVE ON BLOG

SNEAK PEAK!!

Coming Soon to the MyGolfSpy Blog

A while back Adam, Tony and myself starting brainstorming new feature and/or series ideas for the blog. Today I'm bringing you a sneak photo peak of what's coming up, hopefully without giving away too much. 

So while you're ogling the pretty pictures we'll ask for your thoughts and feedback.

What do you think we're up to? Any guesses on a concept or theme? What's your instant reaction to the brands displayed?

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!