chisag

Khalil Mack to the Bears!

... Having lived in Chicago since '78 and watching some very dominant Bears teams in 85 an 2005, the last 10 years or so have been very painful for us Bears fans. That changes in 2018 with the addition of Roquan Smith and Khalil Mack. Fangio is a master defensive coach and strategist and finally has the kind of LB core he can take advantage of. The front 3 of Hicks, Goldman and Robertson-Harris is rock solid. Finally too many rushers to double team means the Packers/Vikings/Lions will no longer have their way with the hapless Bears pass rush. 

... And I shudder with anticipation thinking of Trubiskey's second year potential with the addition of Robinson, Burton, Gabrial and camp/pre season surprises of Miller and Wims. With Howard and Cohen already in place, finally the Bears will be relevant again. 

• Like 2

Well think about it this way.... Their first round picks are most likely going to be 15+ the next 2 years.... And you're not likely drafting a guy of his caliber in those spots anyway... So now you're essentially guaranteeing those draft picks... As long as he doesn't get hurt.

Not sure I agree with giving away 2 1st rounders

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

See ya Mack! I knew it was coming. We had no cap space and couldn't pay Carr and Mack, especially with Cooper's contract coming to an end after this year.

I wish him the best. At least he went to the NFC...lol.

• Like 1

Well think about it this way.... Their first round picks are most likely going to be 15+ the next 2 years.... And you're not likely drafting a guy of his caliber in those spots anyway... So now you're essentially guaranteeing those draft picks... As long as he doesn't get hurt.

I am not sure the pick will be 15+ this year. Mitchell Trubisky is still an unknown at QB. Plus I don't see a guaranteed 14 teams worse than the Bears. 1 first rounder I could see but I think two is pushing it.

Edit: I think the Raiders got the better deal on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I agree Mitch is unproven, but the offense should certainly be better and 8-8 was within reach before the trade.... Which puts them right in the 15 range. I feel there will be a bit more parity in the league this year. A few less 3 loss teams for sure. And while I have losing picks.... There's just too many busts in Chicago history that I'm willing to take a proven commodity.

I am not sure the pick will be 15+ this year. Mitchell Trubisky is still an unknown at QB. Plus I don't see a guaranteed 14 teams worse than the Bears. 1 first rounder I could see but I think two is pushing it.

Not sure I agree with giving away 2 1st rounders

... It is really only 1 first round draft pick. If Mack were available in the 2019 draft he would go first so that would be the Bears pick and they would have to add draft picks to move up and get him, most likely another 1st rounder and more. Then you can debate whether or not Mack is worth a second 1st rounder, but so far most agree it was a bargain to get a known Pro Bowl player that leads the NFL in QB hurries with 185.5 since coming into the league and of course second in sacks with 40.5. Combine that with the fact that an outside pass rush was the weakest position on the Bears with Fangio's defense dependant on rushing the QB from the LB position and it really is a bargain. Especially since it will allow Floyd to reach his potential now that he will not be facing constant double teams and RB chips. Many fans felt giving up 67, 118 and a 2018 3rd round pick to move up one spot for Trubisky was too high a price. But if he turns out to be the franchise QB the Bears have never had, that too will be a bargain. 

• Like 2

Edit: I think the Raiders got the better deal on this one.

... I'd be happy bet you a dozen golf balls of your choice if the Bears pick will be higher than 15 next year. You can pick up some TP5x and hold them til January for me. ; ) 

• Like 4

... I'd be happy bet you a dozen golf balls of your choice if the Bears pick will be higher than 15 next year. You can pick up some TP5x and hold them til January for me. ; )

I'm game. Put me down for some Oncore Elixr's! 🤝

This sucks. The Lions had a great opportunity to make this deal, and really solidify a decent defensive line. Instead they let the Bears jump in and take him. This hurts. The Lions needed to make some moves and haven't done anything. I've said for many years, until the Fords give over the Lions to someone else, they won't do anything. They just won't spend any money on players that are needed. Anyway, good for Mack to get paid. Maybe 2 first round picks isn't worth it, but he's really good, and if helps them win, it's worth it.

• Like 1

I'm game. Put me down for some Oncore Elixr's!

... Sweet! And so you can't weasel out of the bet on a technicality (not that you would) by higher I mean 16 - 32. I'll let you know how the TP5x's play on some Phoenix golf courses over the winter.   :P

... Sweet! And so you can't weasel out of the bet on a technicality (not that you would) by higher I mean 16 - 32. I'll let you know how the TP5x's play on some Phoenix golf courses over the winter. :P

Wrong post.

... Sweet! And so you can't weasel out of the bet on a technicality (not that you would) by higher I mean 16 - 32. I'll let you know how the TP5x's play on some Phoenix golf courses over the winter. :P

I am not sure if I should be offended by the weasel out comment or not but I understood the meaning of higher draft pick.

I am not sure if I should be offended by the weasel out comment or not but I understood the meaning of higher draft pick.

... Just friendly banter, hence the (not that you would). 

• Like 1

... Just friendly banter, hence the (not that you would).

No worries. That is why I worded my response the way I did. It is never easy to pick up banter and sarcasm with the written word!

• Like 1

if the reports are correct Mack just got the biggest contract for a defender ever .  6 yr 141 million 

wow. 

Ok I didn't know they had the 10th best defense. Big addition but offense is bad enough they won't win. So they don't stink like the let's say jets but not sure they finish 8-8