Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PGA Tour & PIF/LIV Golf Merger

DeBartola_B

4 minutes ago, jj1010 said:

Why do you say that? Wouldn't it be a good thing that all of the best golfers in the world will now play against each other more? The money was always going to go up LIV just pushed it to happen quicker. I think in the long run this is great for golf but JM will get canned and rightfully so for all the backtracking he is going to have to do now. 

Well we had the best players in the world playing each other every week before the Saudis ever got involved.

I don't see them caring much about the levels of pro golf under the PGAT which are already struggling. 

And if it's anything like LIV, they'll have the commentators, socials, etc etc just telling how us how awesome they are at every turn

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

27 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Loved the tweet from HV3, and spot on with HV3 hopping on and getting away from social for a while. 

I am sorry to be that guy--but for clarity sake, a bush hog is a large rotary blade mower most commonly powered by and pulled behind a tractor.  It is used to mow fields with a mix of growth that would be difficult for a commercial mower to clear.  So HV3 is getting away from social and getting back to work.  @PeterHenric

Crap; you're right. Mixed it up.

And just to add some context.... not necessarily a bush hog, but a mower nonetheless!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

So are the tours merging or are they still going to operate separately with their own unique rules?

Driver: Mizuno STZ220 HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX

UDI: Titleist U505 TENSEI AV RAW Blue

Irons: Ping G425 4-PW True Temper Elevate 95

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 48,52,56,60 Dynamic Gold Spinner

Putter: Taylormade TP Hydroblast Bandon 3 TP Stepped

As a man in corporate finance:

Which investment bank pitched and won this deal???

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

F them both. Hypocrites.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

24 minutes ago, Charles Lechair said:

Well we had the best players in the world playing each other every week before the Saudis ever got involved.

I don't see them caring much about the levels of pro golf under the PGAT which are already struggling. 

And if it's anything like LIV, they'll have the commentators, socials, etc etc just telling how us how awesome they are at every turn

That's a good point. Since they did though and introduced the team aspect into it, I hope the PGAT can do something with that involving all the top players, but like you mentioned hopefully without some of the annoying LIV things that they added that were definitely not needed. 

I'll watch no matter so doesn't make much difference to me!

Driver - Titleist TSR3 

3-wood- PING G10 

3 Hybrid- Taylormade M2 

Irons- Taylormade R9 

Gap Wedge- Cleveland CG12 

Lob wedge- Cleveland CG10 

Putter- Odyssey 2-Ball White hot 

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

If he didn't know I'm wondering if he was negotiated out.  If the PGA cuts Greg out again he might go nuclear.

Hmmmmm…

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, LICC said:

I don't see how these LIV tournaments continue in their current formats. The merged entity won't want star players playing regularly in different tours.

What we've seen this season so far though is that split tours make the majors even more prestigious and exciting for fans, because it's the only time that we get to see all the top golfers play against each other.

They definitely wouldn't want to dilute their own product, but I could see a situation in the short term where LIV events and elevated PGA events are specifically scheduled to not occur at the same time so as to not split the viewership. Long term I imagine that they will move towards some sort of promotion/relegation model - or maybe LIV becomes an "all-star" league during a break in the PGA schedule. Lots of potential ways it could go.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

3 minutes ago, jj1010 said:

That's a good point. Since they did though and introduced the team aspect into it, I hope the PGAT can do something with that involving all the top players, but like you mentioned hopefully without some of the annoying LIV things that they added that were definitely not needed. 

I'll watch no matter so doesn't make much difference to me!

Fair enough. I like golf too much to not watch most likely, but we'll see. If it turns into a total circus, I guess i'll have more time to actually play golf on the weekends.

Unfortunately that plays right into the Saudi's hands with all of their sport investment (F1, Soccer/Football, now golf, etc.) But that's the world we live in 

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

Joel Dahmen with the best tweet I've seen on this yet:

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

the PGA Championship had bad numbers EVEN with the Michael Block show.  PGATour can't compete with the money.  This may actually be a true sellout.

So, with the Chinese takeover of the NBA, Saudis PGATour and all the nonsense with MLB and KneelerFL, I guess it is going to be down to rugby sevens and hockey.  Maybe the long overdue fade of professional sports is finally upon us.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

The best case scenario from this is we (general public) may get to see the top players compete against one another more than in the majors.

Also wondering what the "for profit" entity will consist of?

Perhaps they will use those funds to provide benefits to the older, retired PGA professionals, whether they played on tour or not?

Will be interesting to see exactly how it all plays out, and I for one would not mind if Greg Norman was completely out of the picture or story.

Just hope that they can make it reasonably fair for those who didn't leave to the big pay-days initially and a win-win for those who stayed loyal to the PGA Tour "as it was" prior to today's happenings. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Out in front of the site of the players meeting there is a security guard wearing a turban.  I know that's not Saudi but, it's still kind of funny.

Not as funny as the Golf Channel commentators whistling past the graveyard.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Count me among the many who were stunned by this news.  I was at the gym this morning and just happened to see the announcement on one of the TV's.  While I was hoping these tours could figure out a path forward that moved us away from the bitterness and churn, I didn't expect it to happen so soon.  Someone has already touched on it but I do think the prospects of the PGA having to open up its history books, as it pertains to non-profit status, played a big part in this. But honestly, as a fan of golf, I don't care about that - just that it looks like the sport can move forward and hopefully get even better.

This does raise some interesting questions however;

• It states no further recruitment of PGA and DP players... but can players move back and forth of their own choosing?
  • Does this mean all players are now elidigable for the US and Euro Ryder Cup, and Presidents Cup teams?
  • What happens to Greg Norman in all this (haven't seen his name mentioned in what I've read thus far)?
  • Will Henrik Stenson get selected as captain of Team Euro in 2025?
  • How many former PGA players do you expect will return?
  • Will they have to forfiet all/part of their Tour 54 booty if they return?
  • Am I the only one who can't wait to hear Brendan Chamblee's comments about this?

And, lastly, is it time now to allow LIV Tour related discussions to be discussed outside of the "LIV Tour Only" thread?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Monahan should literally be tarred and feathered. HE is a gutless turncoat who would sell his soul to the highest bidder and throw anyone under the bus to do it. As long as he is the commissioner of the tour I'm done watching it.

The way he is trying to spin this into a good thing makes me want to throw up. Been a long time since I've heard such a lying, hypocritical piece of garbage. 

So how will Jay compensate those big time players who stayed around and turned down $100M??

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

What we've seen this season so far though is that split tours make the majors even more prestigious and exciting for fans, because it's the only time that we get to see all the top golfers play against each other.

They definitely wouldn't want to dilute their own product, but I could see a situation in the short term where LIV events and elevated PGA events are specifically scheduled to not occur at the same time so as to not split the viewership. Long term I imagine that they will move towards some sort of promotion/relegation model - or maybe LIV becomes an "all-star" league during a break in the PGA schedule. Lots of potential ways it could go.

The top players won't want to play that often. Maybe some type of exhibition-style events during an offseason will use something like a LIV format, but don't expect to see a LIV season again next year.

1 hour ago, mardukes said:

the PGA Championship had bad numbers EVEN with the Michael Block show.  PGATour can't compete with the money.  This may actually be a true sellout.

So, with the Chinese takeover of the NBA, Saudis PGATour and all the nonsense with MLB and KneelerFL, I guess it is going to be down to rugby sevens and hockey.  Maybe the long overdue fade of professional sports is finally upon us.

Pga championship is run by a different organization than the pga tour.

PGA of America vs PGA Tour.

How many people watched at a bar or clubhouse.? How many steamed it on various platforms? Ratings are newer these days because of the number of streaming services and they have always been skewed because you can’t account for the number of people watching on a single tv or in a single establishment 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Jimmy Dunne was a big part of this deal. On 9/11 a plane pretty much wiped out his entire company, and today he bends over for them. These Wall Street guys have no ethics or morality when money is involved. His memory must be a lot shorter than those that lost people on 9/11.

2 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Very few of the LIV players got the massively overloaded contracts (and the "guarantees" are not as guaranteed as they were initially reported to be).  Sure, Mickelson, DJ and Cam Smith allegedly got huge payouts, but they are in the small minority on that Tour.

Name one LIV player that would have made more on the PGA Tour? Most if not all of them got signing bonuses unlike the PGA, and the LIV purses are still bigger. Most of the players on LIV were past their (winning) prime, injured or relative unknowns - that wouldn't have done much on the PGA Tour. Why do you think they'd jump ship for LIV, to make less? Some of them were honest enough to admit the same.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

6 hours ago, DeBartola_B said:

Looking forward to reading all about how this went down.  Hopefully the Netflix cameras were rolling thru this entire ordeal.

Going to be some insane backpedaling going on over the next few months.

Going to be some insane backpedaling going on over the next few months.

Monahan is currently meeting with a lot of the  players per the GC. Sounds like they are requesting for him to step down. 😀

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

5 hours ago, benb1989 said:

I did think this, and also wondered if this is the reason Rory took some time off recently. 

Rory will be taking a lot more time off after this announcement.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

5 hours ago, mardukes said:

I feel bad for many of you guys.  What sport will you be watching now?  It's somewhat randomly scheduled but, I kind of like rugby sevens.

How long will it take Brandel to get up on all their statistics and personalities?

How long will it take Brandel to get up on all their statistics and personalities?

Brandel has not been heard from all afternoon on the Golf Channel while all other on air people have done interviews. I thought Richie Lerner was going to cry.

Here is some food for thought:

An organization representing families of 9/11 victims ripped the PGA Tour's decision Tuesday to merge with Saudi-funded LIV Golf, describing the Tour and its commissioner, Jay Monahan, as hypocrites who have become "paid Saudi shills."

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, 9/11 Families United said it was "shocked and deeply offended" by the news of the merger, which will see the PGA Tour, LIV Golf and the DP World Tour all operating under a single business umbrella, funded by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund. The chair of the group, Terry Strada, said she and the other family members who make up 9/11 Families United felt "betrayed" by the PGA Tour and Monahan individually.

"Mr. Monahan talked last summer about knowing people who lost loved ones on 9/11, then wondered aloud on national television whether LIV Golfers ever had to apologize for being a member of the PGA Tour. They do now - as does he," said Strada, whose husband, Tom, died at the World Trade Center.

"PGA Tour leaders should be ashamed of their hypocrisy and greed. Our entire 9/11 community has been betrayed by Commissioner Monahan and the PGA as it appears their concern for our loved ones was merely window-dressing in their quest for money – it was never to honor the great game of golf."

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Just now, GaDawg said:

Brandel has not been heard from all afternoon on the Golf Channel while all other on air people have done interviews. I thought Richie Lerner was going to cry.

I watch comments by Brandel at lunch today on golf channel. He had plenty to say.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

4 hours ago, daviddvm said:

What happens to Greg Norman ? The PGA gonna have to put up with him?

image.png.2aa687d77d751cce6301322859ca45c8.png

He replaces Jay Monahan.

6 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

I was thinking that Tiger and Rory have got to be absolutely pissed

I'd agree - between the 2 of them they could have had a huge payday - but decided instead to have their values and integrity rule their decision. I hope Norman is not part of the deal. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Loved the tweet from HV3, and spot on with HV3 hopping on and getting away from social for a while. 

I am sorry to be that guy--but for clarity sake, a bush hog is a large rotary blade mower most commonly powered by and pulled behind a tractor.  It is used to mow fields with a mix of growth that would be difficult for a commercial mower to clear.  So HV3 is getting away from social and getting back to work.  @PeterHenric

image.png.b7937b40ea0b712e84357aeb77114ce2.png