Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

They always show up at the worst time, and the result is in the worst possible location.  At least they do for me.

You aren't kidding! Cost me $8 in my matches and the worst part was that every one of them ended in a lost ball and ultimately a double bogey...3 of the 4 were from the middle of the fairway after beautiful drives. 

I can't get the feeling out of my head tonight...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Had a game I'd rather forget yesterday in the midweek medal. Nothing at all seemed to be working, topped drives - thinned wedges - terrible reads on the green...Just awful! 

On to Saturday and my 1st greensomes...hopefully I find some ability before then. 

#golfishard 😞 

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Played decent in the front nine par*6.  Double *3 My iron off the tee was poor hook, push   Double /double /double 
Also top a 5 wood   

My driver was excellent and my wedge play was good enough to save 4 up and downs   Still having problems at the 75 - 100 yards Wedge but all other distances were dailed in today 
Putting was decent but left a lot out there 

8 hours ago, chisag said:

have a T200 fitting Saturday. Why I have no idea

It's not too late to save yourself from the Dark Side....

image.png.82cc837fa34ecc946426a0920d76fc1c.png

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 8/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, chisag said:

... I wish LOL. The swing change is not as difficult with my irons as I am swinging in control but swinging my driver and even my 3 wood of the tee has mixed results so far. Quick refresher: I have always had my body follow my arms. PT specializing in golf said because of my bad back I have shortened my turn over time and that was causing problems with my body getting ahead of my arms on the downswing. Seems the body wants to protect itself so it decided to start the downswing all together instead of the lower body leading and that carried over to some of my non stiff back days so it seemed like a hit or miss shooting par or under one day and feeling in sync, then mid high 70's the next and everything seemed like a struggle.

... So I have changed to my body leading my arms which gives me a better turn and I am hitting the ball very solidly again. But as always with a swing change it takes awhile to completely incorporate the change. Sometimes my body moves too quickly on the downswing causing big pushes and some pulls. Pushes with a normal swing a little out iff sync and pulls when I know my body is ahead and try to instinctively save it with my hands. The interesting part is I am hitting those pushes dead center of the face, which was not the case with my old swing on off days. Of course that center contact means it can go a long way off line. Thankfully I am in the desert and other than water hazards there are not a lot of trees so even on the other side of an adjacent fairway leaves me a shot to the green. 

... I have no doubt the Big Miss will disappear as I become more comfortable with the change, other than the once in a blue moon bad swing that everyone suffers from. 🤪

Your description of the swing change type, and the resulting occasional miss sound exactly like my change, and what I see on-course. Pretty crazy.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

No golf for a few days. The remnants of tropical storm Fred reached Central New York and my home course is closed for a few days due to all of the water on the course. The constant running of my basement sump pump concurs. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Got out for an early one today, but showed up late and didn't really get any warmup swings.  

I gave the driver a timeout today and took 3W off the tee.  Only hit a couple fairways, but the misses were just in the first cut.  So it paid off.  Putting was another story. I ended up with 22 putts (one 4 and three 3 putts).  It was frustrating and I need to work on speed control.  

Overall I hit my irons really well and generally felt pretty good.  Ended up with a 52, but saw a lot that I liked! 

unnamed.jpg

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Your description of the swing change type, and the resulting occasional miss sound exactly like my change, and what I see on-course. Pretty crazy.

... I have to admit it is an easier swing on my body as well as more consistent when I am in sync. It is also pretty easy to over use the body off the tee when going for max distance since it is still new. And it doesn't take a lot right? Just moving the body a little too fast and it results in a big push or an occasional pull. For me at least, the biggest difference is the scoring irons because I am taking a little fuller turn with no over swinging since it is a short shot and accuracy is the goal, not distance. I think we are on to something!  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Son and I played 18 this morning.  Early (for us) tee time but there was still a bit of waiting early on.  Holes 1 and 2 are pretty closed off but 3-4-5 open up and once the lead foursome saw several groups backing up behind them they started to pick up the pace so things were quicker from there out.  I couldnt get out of my own way on the first hole and shot an eleven (+7).  Took a few more holes to settle myself down and I even had a few pars on the back nine.  Shot 114, son an 88.  Had a few epiphany moments where my grip or my swing or my aim (rarely all three at once) come together and then I chase that high for the rest of the day.  I've come to realize that I don't follow through on my swing very well.  I made a concerted effort to do better and absolutely crushed a five wood on a second shot about thirty yards beyond the green.  So while the score wasn't great, the process is coming along.  A good feeling when I hit a distance or a spot that previously seemed out of reach.

Weather was really good, only lost a couple of balls.  Already looking forward to the next one on Sunday!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have to admit it is an easier swing on my body as well as more consistent when I am in sync. It is also pretty easy to over use the body off the tee when going for max distance since it is still new. And it doesn't take a lot right? Just moving the body a little too fast and it results in a big push or an occasional pull. For me at least, the biggest difference is the scoring irons because I am taking a little fuller turn with no over swinging since it is a short shot and accuracy is the goal, not distance. I think we are on to something!  

Amen! It’s taken a lot of pressure off of my low back, syncing the arms and body is the key! When it’s on it’s been really good!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Friday Bacon Boyz with warm & humid morning.  Again struggling to hit “clean” shots.  Hit a couple decent drives but that’s about it. I cannot feel my left hand on the club.
Finally got a new Orthopedic Dr appt Tuesday  to look at my hand.  I’m thinking it’s Carpal Tunnel but don’t want to self diagnose.  Doc new to area so no history on this guy.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Played in the NW Open this last Monday-Wednesday at Wine Valley in Walla Walla and shot +1 to finish T46 the 3 days. I left a lot out there with 4 double bogies and 5 3-putts (including 1 3-putt par) but its still progress an d momentum in the right direction.

7B4F1087-A03A-4A50-86A8-2622F03FF5E6.jpeg

How'd you like Wine Valley?  It's certainly easy to 3-putt those greens!!!

It's 45 minutes from my house; if it were a little closer, I would be a member.  The pro Chris Isaacson used to be my neighbor.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

How'd you like Wine Valley?  It's certainly easy to 3-putt those greens!!!

It's 45 minutes from my house; if it were a little closer, I would be a member.  The pro Chris Isaacson used to be my neighbor.

I have played it a few time but before but it wasn't bad and was in good shape. Still will never be a fan of using dirt for bunkers though. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Got out to my home track Osprey Point yesterday (70.1/123 6390 yds from the golds). It was HOT....94 degrees with no breeze. Posted an 45/43 and that was with 7 penalties. Started the first 7 holes on fire, no penalties and was +5 through 7. Then started getting penalty trouble on hole 8 and had 4 straight holes with penalty stokes (2 on 9 alone). Only 2 of the penalties were from errant shots out of the tee box. The other 5 were from shots that I pured and felt great, just long into the sawgrass brush that usually protects the the greens. So overall this was really one of my best ball striking days (and score) in a really long time.

Based on the the 2021 MGS ball test, decided to switch up from my gamer Bridgestone Tour B X and give the Chromesoft X LS a tryout. I've been having trouble holding greens with the Tour B X. I really liked the Chromesoft X LS. Not much difference off the tee, but definitely more responsive for me with irons and especially wedges. I held a few more greens and was able to get more spin and check up with my wedges and actually had a couple shots from 100-110yds out that backed up for me. Wasn't able to do that with the Tour B X. Definitely helped my best putting day ever with 32 putts (5 one putts) for the day. Might also have to look at the regular Chromesoft X vs X LS just to see how it feels, but I'm convinced to switch away from the Tour B X (or maybe even give the B XS a shot based on the data).

Next round next week Wednesday with a business customer. Playing Palm Beach National which is 72.3/131. Pretty open fairways but a decent amount of water and bunker protected greens. Should be easier to recover and not have to take penalties compared to my home track. Hoping to again break 90. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

9 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

I have played it a few time but before but it wasn't bad and was in good shape. Still will never be a fan of using dirt for bunkers though. 

Had sand in bunkers last time I played it, but I suspect it's difficult to keep sand  in them with all the wind.  Our muni adds sand every year... except last year during COVID.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”