MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Rode 18 in the wind and rain today. Rain pretty much stopped after #5 and the course was empty. Tied my alll time low with a +2 73. Couldve been lowet as I left several birdie putts a coyple rolls shoet. Hence my miniker idea which really mean leaving putts short. 
Got lucky and had a homeowner pull a cruel joke on me. I was handcuffed just off the left fairway with a tree directly between me and the green. I had 176 so I pulled a 6i with the thought of drawing it in. I figured the trees would stop by ball from the house and OB if it didnt draw. Well it didnt draw and and it went cleanly through the trees and I heard it hit the house. #$^^$$...Punched a provisional and played it in. Drove up and found my original in play. Then I heard "hope you have good insurance" as a man pointed to a broken window. After a brief civil conversation, he started cracking up and said my ball hit the roof and a contractor broke his window.   ha ha ha...good one...we talked about 15 minutes then I moved on. 

Anyways, I played very well and if felt good. Hope we all are playing soon. 

Well done and we all hope this is over soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got in 18 after work today it was 70* and random gust of wind to tend with. Shot +8 with 3 doubles it was a very up and down round.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Game Golf Live
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Took the afternoon off yesterday and played in some great weather.  All pins were pulled and relied on the pin sheets which I didn't quite trust and i didn't have that visual so that was a bit different.  But great to get out on the course even though it was a bit over crowded.  The Clicgear 4.0 was great for it's first time out.  Really hit the ball well for the most part and left a lot out there.  Was even on the back 9 going into the last hole and had a mental lapse on my tee shot at 18th.  Also was on the edge of green on 3 of 4 par 5's and the other i was 15 yards short of green in fairway but managed only 1 birdie.  OK, done with complaints - Feel luck just to have had the opportunity to play.

image.thumb.png.b9eceffbecdf5e9c8bc20cdf972352b8.png

• Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Walked 9 holes to a +5. Just couldnt get up and down when I needed to and left some putts short as usual.

Took a double on #8. Git a litlte frustrated as 3 groups were on the box and  I ended up yanking one in the tress left. 

Thsnkful to be playing golf during all of this, but the course is geting a bit nuts and crazy busy. 

• Like 6

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Today  was my 5th day in a row of carrying my bag. Hit a brick wall and the game showed.  Body says take  a day off  with msybe a mediym bucket. 

• Like 4

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I can’t recall the last time I played 18 holes at my home club without a single birdie. Well, that is until yesterday. Had a handful of birdie putts but nothing inside 15 feet. Missed them all. Left a few short that were center-cut. Blew a few others 8 feet past. My speed on the greens was awful.

Worst ball-striking round in a while! As mentioned above, walking everyday for a week-and-a-half is starting to take a toll. I’m taking today off. Sucks getting old.

• Like 5

Michigan opened up courses yesterday, so I got in 18! It felt great to get out.

2/14 FIR, 5/18 GIR, 49; 42: 91

Ball striking was great, really happy to see the off-season work paying off. Putting and driving was streaky, but it was really a few poor holes that stopped me from going lower. I think my mental health is better off when I golf ⛳😁

• Like 7

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Irons (PW-2): :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B

Four hours outside walking and properly social distancing for even par. It was windy and cold but for the first time this week not raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Shot 38-37 75. Felt like a million. Played with a mini tour player who shot 63 from the tips. That would have tied the course record but pool noodles in the cup made it not count. He also had a shot on 5 that probably went “in”for Eagle. We couldn’t tell because it was over a ridge from us but the ball was two inches from the hole when we got there.

Fun to watch

• Like 8

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I shot 41 - 40. I had a triple bogey on a par 3 on the front 9. Just a bogey and it would have been 79.... rounds in the 70's have become elusive...lol.

• Like 7

Got back on the course yesterday and today.  Yesterday, played a 2 man best ball game with the Seniors.  I had some issues with my chipping and I wasn't putting particularly well on the recently punched and sanded greens and ended up shooting an 82.  My higher handicapped partner (assigned by the club) picked up a bogey putt on #17 with the reasoning that I was already in with a bogey.  The problem was that he stroked on that hole.  We were out of a tie for first by, you guessed it!,  ONE shot!  Oh well!

Today I shot a 42 on the front with 2 doubles and a 38 on the back for an 80 (over my handicap, but....).  Couldn't find a birdie for the day ... then again, neither did the other 3 players in my foursome.  We had 3 of us with the same handicap and one player who was a 16 handicap, so we played 6-6-6, giving the higher handicap player 4 strokes every 6 holes.  I ended up winning 1st ball on the first six, pushing both balls on the 2nd six, and won both balls when paired with the higher handicap player.

Good to be back on the course again!

• Like 9

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Shot a 41/43:84 with 2 birdies yesterday, then shot a 42/47:89 today with back to back birdies. Got down on the back nine and just could not recover....4 Doubles in a row.......ugh!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Shot a 41/43:84 with 2 birdies yesterday, then shot a 42/47:89 today with back to back birdies. Got down on the back nine and just could not recover....4 Doubles in a row.......ugh!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Maybe that’s why I’ve only been playing 9 lately.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Course was wet, windy. and 3.75 miles walked.

49 14 putts.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:mizuno-small: 5-wood 190    
:mizuno-small: 4i - PW MP-20 MMC                                                                       

:vokey-small: SM-8 50/F  54/S  58/M

:odyssey-small: Toulon San Diego Garage

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... "How'd you play?" I'll let you know next Friday when Illinois courses finally open. It should be a sitcom because I have not hit a ball on a golf course or range since October 2019 and that is the looooooooongest I have ever gone without playing. 🤪

So you might break (back into) the 80's 😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Played last Thursday at Eagle Pointe Golf Club. A course to the north east of Houston in the small town of Mont Belvieu just north of interstate 10. It is a real hidden gem in the area that is a public course that looks and feels like a private club. Elevation changes, tree lined fairways and just enough water to keep you on your toes. The course is always in great shape, the superintendent is great!

Poor driving and missing every birdie chance plagued my round. Third round of my swing change...I think my old swing was trying to creep back in on my drives😬

Lost 4 balls, ouch!

image.thumb.png.65cd27f415e1cfd00228a30cfc7326a2.png

But really enjoyed the day weather was beautiful and very thankful to be playing the game I love!

• Like 9

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Driver HZRDUS SMOKE 60g Stiff :titelist-small:TS2 15* Fairway HZRDUS SMOKE 70g Stiff
:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Atmos Tour Spec 8S Stiff :titelist-small: 818H1 23* Mitsubishi Tensei CK 60HY Reg :titelist-small: 818H1 27* KBS Prototype 95 XStiff   (2019 MOST WANTED HYBRIDS)
:titelist-small: 716 AP1 6 - PW,  Kuro Kage Low Balance Graphite Stiff +0.5" 1* upright

:titelist-small::vokey-small: TVD 52*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 Tour Chrome 56*    Tensi Red R Graphite plus 0.75" 1* upright

:titelist-small::vokey-small: TVD 60*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL      

:titelist-small: Staff Bag

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                                                                                        :Arccos:

Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                           697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG