MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

It was gorgeous out today and shot an asterisk 79 on some really quick punched greens. We decided on automatic two putts for the greens. Not a bad day for $25.

Reservoir Creek in Naples, NY on the southern tip of Canandaigua Lake is a true gem of the region.

I didn’t keep stats because of the greens but had a great day in the sun.

Image1568925091.187046.jpg
Image1568925070.571065.jpg
IMG_9620.JPG
IMG_9627.JPGImage1568925160.228302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What a great looking course. Just curious since there's a rifle under the slow play sign - is that the an indication of what happens to slow players. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

What a great looking course. Just curious since there's a rifle under the slow play sign - is that the an indication of what happens to slow players. 

The club pro said it’s been there since inception. I told him to check out Zac Blair’s The Buck Club
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Just a perfect day in Oklahoma City today - 87 degrees with a nice breeze. I played Trosper Golf Club - got around in just over 2 hours. I played well and I did something kind of cool - I have shot 65 my last 3 rounds and I did it on 3 different courses: Broadmoore, Lincoln East and Trosper. Some caveats - all three rounds were played from the white tees so anywhere from 6000 to 6200 yards and par was 70 on 2 and 71 on the other - so I'm not headed to any tour but it sure was fun! My play early in the summer was the best I've ever played and then things cooled off considerably so I really enjoyed the last three rounds - hit the ball solid, short game was sharp and the putter was working. Good stuff.

FIR 9/12
GIR 12/18
Putts 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't beat your score.  But might have beat you weather wise.  74 sunny and a nice breeze all round.   🔆

Actually felt good to play with a 1/4 zip on the first 4 or 5 holes.  

• Like 8

Putter was way off today.  At least two 3 putts and far too many missed shorter putts.  I had 4 doubles, mainly due to putting.   Had a few unfortunate lies in sand traps and bare spots, but that's golf.  Oh well....better golf next time.  85.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Putter was way off today.  At least two 3 putts and far too many missed shorter putts.  I had 4 doubles, mainly due to putting.   Had a few unfortunate lies in sand traps and bare spots, but that's golf.  Oh well....better golf next time.  85.

Them are the days Id rather (almost) do yard work. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I couldn't beat your score.  But might have beat you weather wise.  74 sunny and a nice breeze all round.  
Actually felt good to play with a 1/4 zip on the first 4 or 5 holes.  

Man that sounds amazing - 87 still felt hot BUT I'm not complaining - it's so much better than 105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Played 8 holes yesterday after working the morning shift. Walked out of the shop, skipped the 1st hole and went straight to #2.

7 pars and 1 bogey when I missed a 3 footer.  

This game.....  

• Like 8

After my best ball striking ever last week, yesterday's scramble was just about the opposite.  Got off to a hot start with a great drive and approach shot, but everything after that was a story of wild inconsistency.  Hit a couple more solid drives and a couple nice pitch shots, but lots of topped balls and shots that either didn't go anywhere or didn't go where they were supposed to.  Our last scramble of the summer will be next Thursday so hopefully will have a bit better luck.  Until then, practice, practice, practice.

• Like 5

On 9/18/2019 at 4:20 PM, tony@CIC said:

Yeah I'm pretty fortunate that she wants to play golf. On the other hand she like I, has the same love-hate relationship with the game 🙂

Ha - same situation here... We try to be each other's "attitude coach", ie. give a gentle reminder to play happy when the other is having one of those "..aww [fooey 😆] stooopit blockhead dope.." moments!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

3/14 fir

9/18 gir

26 putts

First time out in while. Back went out again and was definitely sore during round. Got my new sticks so had to get out there. Fairway stats look terrible but only once was I in a spot that hurt me and made par from there anyway. Going to take a little while to get used to new clubs but they feel like butter. 

That's a great scrambling round!!  Nice.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha - same situation here... We try to be each other's "attitude coach", ie. give a gentle reminder to play happy when the other is having one of those "..aww [fooey 😆] stooopit blockhead dope.." moments!

I find it very difficult to play happy when I'm hitting poor shots.  I'm getting better at it, but I know what I can do, and it's frustrating to not be able to do it.  I don't expect to hit every shot well because I'm not that good, but I do expect to hit a good shot once in awhile even on those bad days.  

The problem is that when either one of us isn't playing well, it drags down the other.  I've got to be better at playing happy for her sake.  Working on it.  Meanwhile... we played yesterday, and I suck at golf!!!   🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, pulledabill said:

nah....even a bad day at golf, is better than yadda yadda yadda 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ummmm.....no

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Played an 18 hole Par 3; holes range from 60 to 100 yds plus one Par 4 dogleg right listed at 110. It's down by the beach and a really unique place, and of course great wedge practice.

I finished at +9 which, on average, meets a goal of holing out in 3 1/2 avg from 100 yds and in. Could've done a little better but my putting was a little off on the slow, bumpy greens (ie. too many 3 putts and too many "just missed" ones!).

Hit only 4/9 greens on each 9 which was a little disappointing, but most of the misses were close or very close. Somehow I grabbed the wrong club - twice!! - 54 instead of 50 and left those two short.... Which was kinda stupid considering I usually double-check the number on the bottom of the club (wedge and iron).

So I got lots of chipping and pitching practice; with most efforts reasonably close to my landing spot (though a few had unexpected bounces and rollouts).

So... Front 9 @ +6, and Back 9 @ +3.

1 birdie on that dogleg Par 4 (#13) after a good second shot that left the ball within inches; 10 bogeys; 7 pars.

Was initially hoping to hit more greens and make more pars, but overall happy with my golfing progress.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The problem is that when either one of us isn't playing well, it drags down the other.  I've got to be better at playing happy

Yeah that *was* (mostly) us also. We're working on it!

I know it may sound like trite BS but I'm finding it to be quite true: Attitude drives performance.

So you've got to be better at "play happy" for yourself, too! 👍

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I find it very difficult to play happy when I'm hitting poor shots.  I'm getting better at it, but I know what I can do, and it's frustrating to not be able to do it.  I don't expect to hit every shot well because I'm not that good, but I do expect to hit a good shot once in awhile even on those bad days.  

The problem is that when either one of us isn't playing well, it drags down the other.  I've got to be better at playing happy for her sake.  Working on it.  Meanwhile... we played yesterday, and I suck at golf!!!   🙄

I also have a really hard time with the "playing happy" thing when things aren't going well.  At that point I just try to enjoy the weather and the company, but it definitely is hard when most of my shots don't do what they are supposed to.    

• Like 6