Adams stuff - General discussion

Super Tuna

Anyone else seen the pictures of some of the new Adams stuff?

I was really digging that driver until I saw the top of it. Those people annoyed at the swoosh on the Covert are certainly in for a shock.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I'm hoping that this isn't a sign of things to come in the industry. I prefer a clean crown, I don't even like alignment marks on the crown so these graphics are not my cup of tea.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Is this what you are talking about? Not exactly sure how I feel about it if it is. Doesn't really excite me, which would definitely keep me from buying it. Maybe this is the old one though, I can't say I have never been knowledgeable of anything adams besides hybrids.

speedline_fast12_01_lg.jpg

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

There is a picture on another site that shows a supposed new Adams driver with the word speedline silk screened across the crown of the club in rather large writing. It also has a two tone paint job that gives the same look as the Nike Sumo with the giant silver Bow on the back of the head.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

There is a picture on another site that shows a supposed new Adams driver with the word speedline silk screened across the crown of the club in rather large writing. It also has a two tone paint job that gives the same look as the Nike Sumo with the giant silver Bow on the back of the head.

Man, thats wild. That's in a whole different league than the covert. I guess we'll have to see, although if I ever bought it and it had something like that over the entire crown I would be getting a custom paint job. It would be way too distracting and annoying. I guess I am a purist though.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

One of my favorite companies, I hope the TM acquisition doesn't change that.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I like my crown clean. Don't really mind an alignment mark if the driver works but I couldn't stand the waves on the back of the F12.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Wait until you see the crown on the new Taylormade drivers Tuna.

Seriously? Ugh.

Is this what you were mentioning with your Adams twitter comment earlier as well? The lines are bluring already.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

No, not what I was referring to much worse than just a graphic on a driver going on at Adams right now.

Seriously? Ugh.

Is this what you were mentioning with your Adams twitter comment earlier as well? The lines are bluring already.

#TruthDigest

No, not what I was referring to much worse than just a graphic on a driver going on at Adams right now.

That's unfortunate.

I see what you mean about the TM drivers. At least you can set a compass to get out of the woods before you dive in to look for your ball.

I dont have a real problem with all different colors companies are using on their drivers , but with Adams , TM , and Nike putting a name or insignia slashed across the top is very displeasing and cheap looking imo .

What really scares the crap out of me is the Club companies selling advertising space on top next , Coke , Pepsi , UPS , ect ........ . Just a matter of time I am afraid .

But beings I am an Automotive Refinisher I can remedy that problem real quick . ;)

Hey spraytech I'm a painter too nice to have another painter/golf lover on the site.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I would if I can find out how to post pictures from an I phone any ideas? LOL

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I dont have any pictures of any clubs I have painted , only did a 1-3-5 wood woods for a guy in Kandy Gold many many years ago .

I am thinking of respraying my G20 , but its still in such excellent shape even after a year and a half , I dont know if I want to mess with it .

I used to have a web page of the stuff I did on Apples free web site but they dropped it and I have not felt like paying for a web page .

But I have sprayed everything under the sun , from dried Cow Patties gold to a little girls coffin that was kid napped and murdered that came in damaged , I repaired it for free .

Been in the business for 34 years now .

Cool thanks RP.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I really like the plain white of the TMag but I had the Rapture and got used to whatever that little alignment aid was. I'm half blind anyway so it really doesn't bother me that much. If I had my way I'd not have the stupid designs on the crown though.

In light of the comments here my question would be does anyone really like them and if so why?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's what I said about the F11 fairway until I hit it WOW looks bad go good.

Adams F11 driver voodoo shaft

Adams F11 3 wood voodoo

Cleveland 3 and 4 hybrids dst,s

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Forgedvarious putters Adams 62, Voit tornado like a bulls eye , nevercompramise sub 30 - 50

Precept Balls or titleist or any good ball I find

No pics up yet, but I can describe te new speedline. White crown, red angled graphics that read Speedline. Similar to how TMag is placing the crown graphics. Also has a velocity slot. Badds has been testing it lately.

I've also been told that yes, the VST will be introduced at the PGA show. Though likely not the Proto G version you e seen on tour.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

No pics up yet, but I can describe te new speedline. White crown, red angled graphics that read Speedline. Similar to how TMag is placing the crown graphics. Also has a velocity slot. Badds has been testing it lately.

I've also been told that yes, the VST will be introduced at the PGA show. Though likely not the Proto G version you e seen on tour.

Thanks for the info. What's the Proto G version and how does it differ from the VST? Also, if the VST is being introduced at the PGA show how soon afterwards do you expect it to be available for purchase? I was hoping to have it in the bag by a trip I'm taking beginning of March. Thanks.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330834660113&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=42565376250

That's the Proto G model. The Proto G refers to the headshape. VST is the slot, that's all it refers to.

So the one above would be the Proto G VST, the VST meaning Velocity Slot Technology. The headshape is still the same Proto G headshape.

That one won't be available. They have a new VST players hybrid coming with an all black sole.

As for availability, they usually debut stuff at the show and its available almost immediately if not being already available.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330834660113&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=42565376250

That's the Proto G model. The Proto G refers to the headshape. VST is the slot, that's all it refers to.

So the one above would be the Proto G VST, the VST meaning Velocity Slot Technology. The headshape is still the same Proto G headshape.

That one won't be available. They have a new VST players hybrid coming with an all black sole.

As for availability, they usually debut stuff at the show and its available almost immediately if not being already available.

I like the smaller, more iron type hybrids but still want the distance benefits of a velocity slot, which is why I was interested in Idea Pro VST, which I thought would be an Idea Pro head shape with a velocity slot. What you linked to looks like what I had originally seen and was interested in.

Are you saying that the new players hybrid will have a larger head like the V4 or Super Hybrids?

The one you linked is the retail model that doesn't have VST. The one I linked is the same headshape with the VST and its tour only. They never released the one I linked retail.

They're both A12's, in the Proto G (formerly Peanut) headshape.

The new one I've seen will be slightly larger. Not quite Super Hybrid size but not quite as small as the Proto G.

In The Bag

The one you linked is the retail model that doesn't have VST. The one I linked is the same headshape with the VST and its tour only. They never released the one I linked retail.

They're both A12's, in the Proto G (formerly Peanut) headshape.

The new one I've seen will be slightly larger. Not quite Super Hybrid size but not quite as small as the Proto G.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more information on some of the new clubs:

The Speedline Super S driver will have the VST (velocity slot) and it will also have a little windoow in the heel area that will show what loft the head is set at.

The Speedline Super LS won't have the window, will be an XTD version, and will have a slightly deeper face.

Both will have crown graphics, both are adjustable.

The fairways, the Super S will be not adjustable. The Super LS will be adjustable. Both still retain VST.

Super S Irons will be a traditional players iron set.

Super LS Irons will be a hybrid iron set.

Both iron sets are GI irons.

Super S hybrids are non-adjustable, will have VST and will retain the crown graphics. Haven't seen the Super LS hybrids yet.

All of the woods will be white with the crown graphics, Super S will have a red outline around the grey Speedline graphics, the LS versions will be void of the red outline.

Looks like Tmag won't phase Adams out at all, matter of fact, to me, it looks like they'll be using their product to introduce technologies in one form to refine for the TMag form. I do wished they'd migrate the TMag sleeves and hosels though.

In The Bag

Archived