Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

Anyone else go thru this?  

I wish you the best of luck working through this. I have had some rounds for sure that make me want to throw my clubs in a lake, but I can usually only play weekly so by Friday I am ready to go back for more punishment.  You can do it for and find that form again.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, golfinnut said:

You ever get that feeling of quitting the game??  For whatever reason.  Well I've hit that brick wall right now.  I have lost the desire to play.  My game has gone the way of the Dodo Bird & it's been a complete sh*tshow the last 3 rounds.  Literally to the point where I gave up & didn't play any more, skipped a few holes trying to get my bearings & figure out my swing.  Of course, it didn't help.  I felt embarrassed for the guys that had to watch my game those few days.  I show no signs of my previous ability ... I literally look like I just picked up the game & decided to come out & give it a try on the course.  

No, but I don’t golf as much as some of you, but @Shanksterknows your feeling well.

Yes sir.  I’m still not back to where I was, but I had to change my expectations.  I can still get around the course ok, but nowhere near what I was doing a few years ago in my prime.  I plan to buy a membership at the new place, and I’m 5 ish hours from Bandon… 😍😍😍

Rather than seek out the long ball, I’m just going to revert back to a nice smooth easy swing, I’ll lose some distance sure.  But when I figure out my distances again it will be money.

I was planning on attempting some tournaments and such, but the pressure to hit every shot perfect took the fun out of golf.  I was taking it waaay to seriously.

My advice, take a week off.  Write down why you love the game, then write down things you don’t like.  Remove the dont likes, and focus on the things that you do… no matter what we think/work towards or otherwise we will never be as good as the guys on TV.  So, just be you.  If it’s one of your buddies that is bringing you down, leave him off the group next time…

You will get back to it, because it is ok to get burnt out sometimes. I’ve tried to find an alternative to golf, but nothing touches it. I’m sure you feel the same.  So yeah, end of my rambling.

I'm right in the middle of a spell where I just want to walk away from the game and forget I've ever played it. It's a struggle sometimes to continue to motivate myself to even think about picking up a club. I think that's the nature of the game sometimes. Golf is a game where the highs are high, and the lows sink you in to the putts of despair. That's part of the beauty of the game, too. It's a game we'll never master, but will have those fleeting moments where all is right in the world.

I hope you keep with it, I know it's frustrating but I believe it'll click again and you'll be out there hitting the ball like your old self soon. 

38 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yes sir.  I’m still not back to where I was, but I had to change my expectations.  I can still get around the course ok, but nowhere near what I was doing a few years ago in my prime.  I plan to buy a membership at the new place, and I’m 5 ish hours from Bandon… 😍😍😍

Rather than seek out the long ball, I’m just going to revert back to a nice smooth easy swing, I’ll lose some distance sure.  But when I figure out my distances again it will be money.

I was planning on attempting some tournaments and such, but the pressure to hit every shot perfect took the fun out of golf.  I was taking it waaay to seriously.

My advice, take a week off.  Write down why you love the game, then write down things you don’t like.  Remove the dont likes, and focus on the things that you do… no matter what we think/work towards or otherwise we will never be as good as the guys on TV.  So, just be you.  If it’s one of your buddies that is bringing you down, leave him off the group next time…

You will get back to it, because it is ok to get burnt out sometimes. I’ve tried to find an alternative to golf, but nothing touches it. I’m sure you feel the same.  So yeah, end of my rambling.

I smell a SHANKSTER INVITATIONAL at Bandon in the future. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 4/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, Rickp said:

Had kinda weird day.  In our backyard SWMBO noticed a lot of water/mushy grass bordering our neighbor.  The water was pooling up in the sprinkler head areas for us and our neighbor.  Called my Buddy who had a construction business in NY that primarily did golf course renovations and irrigation.  Him and me tagging along went thru my system zones, replaced a couple sprinkler heads, dug around a little and couldn’t find anything in my side.  We looked at my neighbors heads, not touching anything of his really couldn’t see anything obvious BUT neighbor has a big pool.  Got a hold of him but he wanted his own guy and that’s  OK.  His guy can barely cut grass so this is going to be interesting.  
Unfortunately I missed most of the live Masters telecast as we had to go to another friend 70th birthday.  
My Buddy charge for his help, sleeve of ProV1 he saw in my garage.  
Should be able to watch Masters tomorrow.

Found out today water problem is not my neighbors or my irrigation system.  Neighbor has a problem with his water main or pool.  Oh boy, glad it’s not mine but not happy he’s got big problems.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

You never know 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

No, but I don’t golf as much as some obut @Shankster

No, but I don’t golf as much as some of you, but @Shanksterknows your feeling well.

Let me expand on this a little. I feel like not playing as much helps me enjoy things more because I have low expectations and I actually play better with lower expectations. I score better and I don’t feel much pressure on bad shots. We aren’t pros have fun and enjoy the game that’s why we started playing it is fun

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I like it.  It will have to be when the weather is at the absolute worst.  We can pretend we are on the shores of Scotland… or, we could plan it when it is absolutely beautiful out… 

Goal 1 upon getting there is to at least go play one of the courses.  I have a few picked out on my “Oregon Trail” drive on the way.  But, I may get vetoed so we can go back to Yellowstone, which is perfectly fine with me as long as Beth Dutton is not there… haha.

33 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I like it.  It will have to be when the weather is at the absolute worst.  We can pretend we are on the shores of Scotland… or, we could plan it when it is absolutely beautiful out… 

Goal 1 upon getting there is to at least go play one of the courses.  I have a few picked out on my “Oregon Trail” drive on the way.  But, I may get vetoed so we can go back to Yellowstone, which is perfectly fine with me as long as Beth Dutton is not there… haha.

Bandon rates are cheapest in January/Feb timeframe.  It's a crap shoot as to weather conditions, but....last time I played there, we had 2 days scheduled....1st day was decent but windy.  2nd day was raining (got a rain check) and it was snowing on the drive home to Medford.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Pretty sure anyone who has played this game has gone through this in some form, I know I have more than once. Couple of days to reset and then starting back at half speed until the feels come back. It works for me almost every time. 

^^^  Good advice @golfinnut.  I go through the same thing a few times a year.  I've found that it's mostly a tempo thing for me.  Starting back with slower, half swings soon sets up your tempo where it should be for you.  

Best of luck to you!!  You are certainly not alone!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Yep....

When I struggle like that I go out for an evening 9 when the course is mostly empty by myself and practice different shots.  Like I'll hit 10 balls from a spot to the green playing low and high shots or I'll hit 5 tee shots on a dogleg trying to shape the shot.  The key for me is to get back to feeling the swing rather than being too mechanical and that usually gets me started back to normal.

I've heard another remedy is to take about 6 yellow balls out to a water hole and chunk them into the drink as a sacrifice to the golf gods!  🤣  The risk to such a remedy is dealing with bad karma from @Yellow Ball for at least a week.  😲  I've recently survived the bad karma phase and am stronger now that I am on the other side!  💪

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I don't get to the point I want to walk away. I think mainly because I am more consistent than I have been in the past. But I look forward to the start of the season every year. Then I struggle the first few rounds. I will say mainly due to the early season conditions. Wet, muddy, dormant grass, hard pan bunkers, tight lies everywhere except the rough (which is the only green grass on the course). Then secondly because I am just plain rusty. 

Yesterday I got disgusted. Plugged fairways every where and when I chipped around the green I either got a mud ball which went nowhere or I skulled it 1/2 way across the green. It was hard to be that perfect early in the season without grass to work with.  It took me until the back 9 to get the chipping under control. 

But we all go through issues and then get though them. Sometimes it take a few holes, sometimes a few rounds. But unfortunately sometimes it takes an instructor to see the problem and give you the correct guidance.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

21 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Funny, I just read the updated posts. I felt the same way the other day. Playing in our club's match play event on Monday, I scored a pitiful 54. Came home total discouraged and was wondering why am I paying all these $$ to get frustrated. Went out the next day to the range and I couldn't hit any club in the bag - even my lob wedge. Yesterday played in round 2 of the match play event and scored a 44. WTH? 

Who knows who will show up for round 3 on Friday? Mr. Monday or Mr. Wednesday? Guess I have a love hate  relationship with the game. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't get to the point I want to walk away. I think mainly because I am more consistent than I have been in the past. But I look forward to the start of the season every year. Then I struggle the first few rounds. I will say mainly due to the early season conditions. Wet, muddy, dormant grass, hard pan bunkers, tight lies everywhere except the rough (which is the only green grass on the course). Then secondly because I am just plain rusty. 

Yesterday I got disgusted. Plugged fairways every where and when I chipped around the green I either got a mud ball which went nowhere or I skulled it 1/2 way across the green. It was hard to be that perfect early in the season without grass to work with.  It took me until the back 9 to get the chipping under control. 

But we all go through issues and then get though them. Sometimes it take a few holes, sometimes a few rounds. But unfortunately sometimes it takes an instructor to see the problem and give you the correct guidance.  

It’s rather soggy at my home course at the moment. Standing water mixed leaves from the fall in spots just off the fairway. I granted myself “lift, clean and place.” 😄 Oh and I’m playing bright yellow balls to assist with finding them.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Made it to Georgia.  Traffic was terrible, added about 2.5 hours to our drive today.  A few hours on Tybee Island tomorrow then off to St. Augustine for a few days.

I-95 will try your patience!  Enjoy your trip. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

13 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

I-95 will try your patience!  Enjoy your trip. 

I-95 is not fun, I-91 is no prize either… 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Personally, I have not found any of the interstate highways on the east coat in very good condition and they are dangerous because a lot of people drive like idiots. Just my opinion.☹️

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Having commuted up and down I-95 from Broward County to the University of Miami for multiple years, I find that much of I-40 in NC west of Raleigh isn't bad at all (and has fun curvy bits approaching Asheville 😃).

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

7 hours ago, Hobert said:

Having commuted up and down I-95 from Broward County to the University of Miami for multiple years, I find that much of I-40 in NC west of Raleigh isn't bad at all (and has fun curvy bits approaching Asheville 😃).

That is a nice stretch.  Asheville is one of our favorite places.

8 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Personally, I have not found any of the interstate highways on the east coat in very good condition and they are dangerous because a lot of people drive like idiots. Just my opinion.☹️

Yeah.  I think you’re right.  Ton’s of accidents.  Too many dam people on their phones

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That is a nice stretch.  Asheville is one of our favorite places.

Ours too! We ran over there for a quick family trip a few weeks ago to eat good food and just walk around.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

9 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Your opinion is spot on. Gets better in the Carolina’s I think but anywhere north of there….the people on the road are atrocious. I try to avoid the highway from 3-6 in the afternoon.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

42 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Ours too! We ran over there for a quick family trip a few weeks ago to eat good food and just walk around.

We were there in November.  Probably going to eventually end up there when we retire.  Really like the Lake Lure area, and my wife loves walking the grounds at Biltmore.  It is relaxing just being in the mountain air.  

21 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Your opinion is spot on. Gets better in the Carolina’s I think but anywhere north of there….the people on the road are atrocious. I try to avoid the highway from 3-6 in the afternoon.

I'm about to drive to western MA and then from there to Dayton OH and it's going to be a nightmare the entire time. They're all terrible no matter the state.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The whole I-95 does that

And 75 for us snowbirds. Key tip - only go through Ocala, Atlanta, Knoxville on weekends. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart