Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Question for Snell Players

TR1PTIK

Last week, I played a member-guest tournament with my friend.  I chose to play a Pro V1 since that is the ball my partner plays and I thought we were going to be playing some alternate shot.  Anyway, I was able to detect that I was not hitting the Pro V1 as far as I was hitting my Snell MTB-X.  To be fair, the MTB-X is likely closer to the Pro V1X, but still.....I'm sticking with the Snell MTB-X for now, as it works better (for me and my swing, anyway).  However, part of the tournament gave me a $125 gift certificate to be spent at the Mizuno Mobile Tour van.  Wasn't a lot that was availble that I needed or wanted, so I cashed in my gift certificate on 5 dozen Mizuno RBX golf balls (special pricing) to be drop shipped to my home.  We'll see how they compare to my current ball, however, after reading the MGS review, I'm thinking the Snell might win out again for me.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 2 weeks later...

Snell MTB-X is the ball for me until proven different. I have been trying to get away from Snell over the last 2 years since the big ball test. I liked them at first but blamed them for swing flaws. I tried to mentally determine that are inferior quality from being from a smaller, unknown manufacturer. I was searching for a long ball of the tee and playable around the greens. The left dash and TP5x are decent with the driver but generally not playable for my game around the greens. I wanted to try more spin balls but was losing distance with the driver. After awhile my search brought me right back to the Snell. I used them mostly as practice balls for their price but have committed to them full time. No loss in distance, stick them well on greens, and the line works for me in putting. Couple that with "cheaper" pricing and supporting a smaller business and I'm sold. I'll try stuff after the next ball test comes out, but for now they have to stay. I've shot the best three scores in my league this year so far (35,36,37) using the Snell. First few weeks were in the low 40s with TP5x, Wilson Staff Model and Prov1. Try them.

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

Played the snell mtb-x the last 18 months. switching back to zstar XV for a bit as that was my old gamer.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 1" 44.5" NDMC Mid

4w: :callaway-small: Epic flash Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 2" 42.5" NDMC Mid

3-PW: :mizuno-small:  MP-18, 3i FLYhi MMC, 4-6i MMC, 7-PW MB, KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 49*F, 54*D, 59*M KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Putter:  Lajosi Sensor Breakthrough Golf Tour Stability Shaft 34" SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

2 hours ago, BigUrsus said:

Played the snell mtb-x the last 18 months. switching back to zstar XV for a bit as that was my old gamer.

Supply issue? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Supply issue? 

I guess in a sense. Father's day buy 2 get 1 and then prime day Bogo. 5 boxes for cost of 3. Almost same cost as the snell. Needed to go back to yellow. As a 30 year old with really high shots and perfect vision I can never find a ball. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 1" 44.5" NDMC Mid

4w: :callaway-small: Epic flash Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 2" 42.5" NDMC Mid

3-PW: :mizuno-small:  MP-18, 3i FLYhi MMC, 4-6i MMC, 7-PW MB, KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 49*F, 54*D, 59*M KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Putter:  Lajosi Sensor Breakthrough Golf Tour Stability Shaft 34" SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

I love MTB-X, the last couple rounds I havent been playing well and losing a lot of golf balls, so I was just using random junkers and definitely noticed a difference. Nervous to lose too many of my remaining 2 dozen, as last time I checked the snell website they were having supply issues 😫

:taylormade-small:Driver- Sim2 max; 60x rogue silver 

:cobra-small:3wood- cobra F9; 70x hzrds black 

:taylormade-small:Hybrid- taylormade burner 

:mizuno-small:4-G- JPX921 Forged; Nippon tour 120s 

:cleveland-small:54,58- Cleveland RTX-4

:ping-small:Putter- Ping anser 2 cadence TR

:ping-small:Bag: Ping Hoofer CL

:Snell:Ball: MTB-X

They have the X and the Blacks in stock but only in white along with the Get Sum, also in white

I saw a post that said they would be up and running at full steam in August

Only 2 dozen at a time for now

Driver: Cobra RadSpeed 9.5*

5 wood: PING G425 16.5*

Hybrid: PING G410 22*

Irons: PING G 400 5-UW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54*/ Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter: PXG Closer 34'

Ball: Wilson Triad

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a Snell Black player for a while, but recently picked up some MTB-X's when they were out of the Blacks.  I hit the X higher than the Black, and it was immediately noticeable for me.  Regarding feel, I think the Snell description is good..."slightly firmer".  I actually like the feel of the X...I was expecting "clicky" and it's not.  But I think the Black gives me a better ball flight so I'll probably stick with that when the yellows are back in stock.