The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

played in Florida (Sarasota area) for the first time this year and those cranes are huge and noisy. like disturbingly noisy. 

And they won't get out of your way. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, invee123 said:

Good morning all I am so ready to get out of Colorado and down to Florida. it's been raining here for 48 hours straight and everyone is hydroplaning on the highways and traffic is terrible and all indoor golf simulators are overflowing with demand. The weather in FL is supposed to be a little rainy too, but hopefully nothing like what I'm dealing with out here. Hoping for good weather for all of my fellow spies out there!

Depends on where you're at in Florida. We're just south of Tampa Bay and rain has been little and far between. We're down about 10" for the year.   Even the alligators are complaining. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We're under the threat for rain this weekend, so I got home from work and for the yard work taken care of. I got a little wet as a gentle shower came down while I was on the rider. My lawn was driving me crazy, all the neighbors did theirs last week and mine looked like the neighborhood Mohawk. 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Captain Jacks still around?

You mean Drunken Jacks? Yep it is still hopping as usual WFO

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup, but we need rain!! Rain way down so far this year.

Same with us my course is getting baked out and dry. We need rain and warm nights for the Bermuda to pop back out.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

Agreed @Rickp!  The storm last Saturday barely made an impact!  

Last week mid week out weather gurus were predicting we would get that storm and the weekend would be a washout. I think it turned South quick and you guys got it. We did not get a drop

G

57 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Last week mid week out weather gurus were predicting we would get that storm and the weekend would be a washout. I think it turned South quick and you guys got it. We did not get a drop

it hit us hard last Saturday. My buddy & I made it back to course maintenance barn and stuck there for an hour. Much needed rain! But nothing really since then. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

A nice relaxing morning here. Just hanging out with Ivan and the dogs before doing a bit of writing and reviews. So nice to be off and not have up go to real work. Unfortunately my body still prefers early mornings so by 5:30 am i was wide awake. 

Been an early riser all my life. Mine came from my folks running that golf course. In the summer I was up early cutting fairways or the rough with gang mowers then at the cart barn by 6 to get carts out then back on a tractor. Later on I ended up running the driving range. Winter time I had Bird Dogs to feed and Rabbit Boxes to check before the bus picked me up for school. 

Today I have been up since 3 AM but am rested up. I was exhausted yesterday afternoon and went to sleep around 4 or so. Now I am on here and watching the Golf I missed yesterday. I am taking off from Golf the next 3 days. I have played 6 of the last 7 days and am tired in a good way. No pain or stiffness but I guess to say out of gas. I know the last 4 holes I could barely get the club back. One of my buds in a well meaning way told me I was pushing too hard. Not worrying too much on the back it is fine. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Today I will do some yard work and I have a couple of shop projects. Tomorrow Church work. Monday our course has the Annual Ladies Invitational so the small money group is playing up the road. I do not like that course and besides I paid good money for a membership and am not going to pay $45 to play there. Taking Monday off golf wise and will piddle around here some and I need the golf break. I do have 4 events next week. Tuesday and Thursday league, Friday afternoon 9 and Dine with the wife and Saturday as a fill in on a Shootout team. Someone asked the other day what I did now and I told them play golf. 

G

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

You mean Drunken Jacks? Yep it is still hopping as usual WFO

Yup, Drunken Jacks!!  Been there a few times.  We loved Murrels Inlet area.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Same with us my course is getting baked out and dry. We need rain and warm nights for the Bermuda to pop back out.

We got Thunderstorm about 1am.  Probably just shy of 1/2”.  We’ll take it.

6 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

it hit us hard last Saturday. My buddy & I made it back to course maintenance barn and stuck there for an hour. Much needed rain! But nothing really since then. 

We got a little bit of that storm but not much.

Rick

Left Hand, 

42 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Been an early riser all my life. Mine came from my folks running that golf course. In the summer I was up early cutting fairways or the rough with gang mowers then at the cart barn by 6 to get carts out then back on a tractor. Later on I ended up running the driving range. Winter time I had Bird Dogs to feed and Rabbit Boxes to check before the bus picked me up for school. 

Today I have been up since 3 AM but am rested up. I was exhausted yesterday afternoon and went to sleep around 4 or so. Now I am on here and watching the Golf I missed yesterday. I am taking off from Golf the next 3 days. I have played 6 of the last 7 days and am tired in a good way. No pain or stiffness but I guess to say out of gas. I know the last 4 holes I could barely get the club back. One of my buds in a well meaning way told me I was pushing too hard. Not worrying too much on the back it is fine. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Today I will do some yard work and I have a couple of shop projects. Tomorrow Church work. Monday our course has the Annual Ladies Invitational so the small money group is playing up the road. I do not like that course and besides I paid good money for a membership and am not going to pay $45 to play there. Taking Monday off golf wise and will piddle around here some and I need the golf break. I do have 4 events next week. Tuesday and Thursday league, Friday afternoon 9 and Dine with the wife and Saturday as a fill in on a Shootout team. Someone asked the other day what I did now and I told them play golf. 

Stu, what breed dogs?  Grew up with English Setters and when I got around 18 added German Shorthairs to the mix.  Great dogs.  Had a English Pointer or 2 but they ran too big being on foot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good morning all. Dreary here today. Some relaxing going on. Son had caddie training this morning and then he’s going to his grandparents for the night.  He’s been playing a lot of golf with the HS team so that has been good. Last week coming up for him with a 18 hole match.  He’s super excited.  He’s been experiencing the ups and downs of golf for the first time and working on some of the mental part.  I think it’s good for him in the long run but it’s hard to see him frustrated and struggle. His coach helped him towards end of the week and he seems to have figured it out.  We will see how it goes next week.  Have a great weekend all and Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms in your lives!!

Lee Stanek

Driver: Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg  SIM2 Max 9*

3,9 Woods:  Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg S2H2 Big Bertha

4-9i,PW,SW Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg  S2H2

GW Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg MG3 52*

LW Adams GT2 Undercut 60*

Putter: Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg  Scotty Cameron Caliente

Ball: Play either Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg ProV1 or  

GM spys! Work today so booo no golf for me but Mother’s Day Sunday at the range with my wife and kids will be a great highlight!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Good morning, another day of rain here. So decided to schedule a ball fitting at golf galaxy later.  I would rather do this outside but couldn’t fide some where around me that offers ball fitting am that’s not an indoor facility and with them it will include the Maxfli which I am very interested to try. I figure at least this way I can get an idea of numbers with different balls and compare to ballnamic results. Then I can go from there on trying them with short game. To be honest I am not picky with feel and have never struggled to get spin so with urethane golf balls I have always been able to just adjust to the small differences from ball to ball around the green pretty quickly. But as a numbers geek I am excited to do this for the first time. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Good morning MGS! It was a sleep in Saturday for this guy and now that I've got the coffee brewed and the animals have settled, it's time to relax and enjoy said coffee.

The wife and I are planning to head down to the Barn Nursery to see if they got more houseplants in later today. I love going down there with her, she gets so excited. 

There's not much else going on here, it's supposed to be a rainy day and I'm glad I got the outdoor chores finished yesterday. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Good morning!

Looking forward to a big day of assembling 4 adirondack chairs, a new gas grill, and a driver shaft/grip/adapter.  Oh, and searching for a Mother's Day gift for my deserving wife.  Fingers crossed I can get some range time in later this afternoon.  Wish me luck!

I hope you all have fantastic days.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Just now, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning!

Looking forward to a big day of assembling 4 adirondack chairs, a new gas grill, and a driver shaft/grip/adapter.  Oh, and searching for a Mother's Day gift for my deserving wife.  Fingers crossed I can get some range time in later this afternoon.  Wish me luck!

I hope you all have fantastic days.

Sounds like you've got a busy day in store. Hopefully you'll be able to get it all done and find something for the wife and get to the range. 

Morning everyone! Had a tough night last night as our puppy decided she no longer likes her crate. Her occasional barks until 1:00am kept me up. Finally fell asleep til 4:30 went she barked because she wanted to go out. Then again at 6:30 - by then no going back to sleep. Up until this week = she slept through the night since we brought her home 9 months ago. 

Playing in our mixed couples 18 today - been off for a 2 1/2 weeks due to eye surgery. Lack of sleep and no golf practice should make for an interesting round. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, Lee Stanek said:

Good morning all. Dreary here today. Some relaxing going on. Son had caddie training this morning and then he’s going to his grandparents for the night.  He’s been playing a lot of golf with the HS team so that has been good. Last week coming up for him with a 18 hole match.  He’s super excited.  He’s been experiencing the ups and downs of golf for the first time and working on some of the mental part.  I think it’s good for him in the long run but it’s hard to see him frustrated and struggle. His coach helped him towards end of the week and he seems to have figured it out.  We will see how it goes next week.  Have a great weekend all and Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms in your lives!!

Good Luck to your son. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter