How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.  🙄

... Repeating a close proximity of a Graham McDowel quote "When swinging well golf is the easiest sport there is. When swinging badly it is the most difficult endeavor on the planet". Hopefully your swing soon starts feeling like an electric Lazy Boy. 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

My swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.  🙄

Qcun.gif

Couldn't ignore the reference.

• Haha 3

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

5 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Bro, keep up those type of rounds and your handicap will be coming down in no time.  Also, do you start your take away with your arms or legs/hips?  If you try with the hips moving before the arms, that should help with not bringing the club too far inside.  But, I'm not a teacher and my handicap isn't much better, so maybe don't listen to me. 🤣

Early hip rotation will lead to an inside takeaway. Not necessarily a bad thing but can lead to sequencing issues and compensation issues.  For most good golfers and the pros the sequence doesn’t start with the hips. For some clubs and hands, some chest and some arms. Ben hogan talks about letting the upper body move the hips.

The hips have minimal movement before when the club reaches p2 aka parallel to the ground.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Early hip rotation will lead to an inside takeaway. Not necessarily a bad thing but can lead to sequencing issues and compensation issues.  For most good golfers and the pros the sequence doesn’t start with the hips. For some clubs and hands, some chest and some arms. Ben hogan talks about letting the upper body move the hips.

The hips have minimal movement before when the club reaches p2 aka parallel to the ground.

Makes sense.  Monte told me that a one-piece takeaway is trash and another awful cliche.  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

We are staying at the connecting island next to Kiawah, Seabrook Island. We got to play the Ocean Winds course on the island today and now I understand why the cut line at the PGA finished at +5 today. I got humbled beyond belief today. What I thought was a good drive turned into me searching for my ball in someone’s backyard nor could I keep any irons on the green. We had consistent 20mph winds in our face or crosswinds. 

Fortunately course was great and I really enjoyed the layout. After the 3rd-4th hole, I realized I wasn’t going to shoot a low round and focused on trying to make consistent shots. Ended with 2 birdies, but we won’t talk about the rest. 

My buddy had a chance to go for the green through this gap. 3rd shot on or 5. Would you do it, or punch out to get close to green?

7E83C021-1F7F-4092-B9E1-43B890B2EDAB.jpeg.970092ad706d9acdf9348fbd5a7c4a33.jpeg

Below are some pictures of the course:

73E5706F-0120-4C90-B080-9B5E14F0BB6A.jpeg.9bc792726360c98073f44a4f89c0be5a.jpeg

1674E66F-4C25-43AC-B410-7143230E4198.jpeg.5b1e79bf0f4b421685465e8436dcfbfa.jpeg

86182195-1CC4-4AF0-807C-B1DFAC16A4AA.jpeg.fd6252f896d5fe4003901397f70c504d.jpeg

A4A00D00-8A0A-496E-9E30-828CDF1F4C4F.jpeg.b4e73ed96b3c16f6361babbdd8034b3a.jpeg

Looks like a nice course. I play in 15-20 mph winds all the time this time of year, you learn to flight the ball down and club up at least 2 clubs. Cant wait to see your pics from the course this weekend 

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

My buddy had a chance to go for the green through this gap. 3rd shot on par 5. Would you do it, or punch out to get close to green?

Beeeeautiful Course!!  I'd either aim at the tree trunk knowing I'd miss what I aim at or I'd play the hard hook around the right side of the tree!  That's the only trick shot I got.  So how did the shot turn out for him??

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

53 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Beeeeautiful Course!!  I'd either aim at the tree trunk knowing I'd miss what I aim at or I'd play the hard hook around the right side of the tree!  That's the only trick shot I got.  So how did the shot turn out for him??

He got scared...he used a hybrid and sent a hooky worm burner to about 50 ft in front of the green. It was a good call.

• Like 6

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Makes sense.  Monte told me that a one-piece takeaway is trash and another awful cliche.  

The one price takeaway is an interesting topic. I see a lot of instructors teach it/reference it in videos.

What ive noticed is the theme really is about connection the arms and chest and keeping the hands in front of the chest. Chasing scratch talks about it in one of his videos where he has the hands at the nipples when his left arm is parallel.

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

A tale of two nines. Struck the ball well but just couldn’t keep it together. Unsure why I didn’t continue to trust my swing on the back 9.  I had one bad drive that I got quick on and pulled and after that it was downhill. 

I was 2 over through 13 holes with 4 birdies and finished the last 5 holes at +7 with double double bogey par bogey bogey for a 43 on the back and a 38 on front.  Still better than Cameron Tringale yesterday at the PGA where he went +13 over the last 5 holes. 

Front 9 I think I hit every fairway and most greens. Was on the fringe for a couple so it didn’t technically count but was putting. 

Get to play in a scramble on Monday and again Friday so looking forward to that. 

• Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

I'm beginning to wonder about that 15 handicap you've got listed in your profile...awful lot of 3 and 4 over 9 hole rounds you keep telling us about with the Bacon Boyz 😄 😄  Remind me not to have a Nassau with you, you shark!  LOL

I’ve heard that B4.

The handicap was when I was playing back Tees and the last year have moved to Senior Tees.  There’s a big difference from 6,300 yards to 5,500/5,600 yards.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I hope you solved mine!  See post above ^

They can solve everything!!

Add some alcohol and they get even smarter😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

played 9 this morning before going to get my second shot

46, 3/6 fairways, 1/9 greens, 17 putts 

i started hot, par-par on the first two with a birdie putt that lipped out on #2. then i got sloppy. approaches are still pulling left, and i was blocking the driver out right. 

putter has been great the last few rounds, so i’m really happy about that. 

• Like 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

They can solve everything!!

Add some alcohol and they get even smarter😜

Ahhhh!!  The Buffalo Theory!   🤣🤣

• Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, we started to play this morning even though it was cold; 52º with a 6 mph wind.  I'm OK with that, but it was 93º last weekend!!

I played the first 4 holes +1.  THEN, it started to rain, AND the wind picked up to maybe 15-20 mph.  I could see blue sky off in the distance, but that was not the direction the weather was coming from.  We quit!  I live in the desert; I don't need to play in these conditions.  By the time I got the clubs loaded into my freshly washed car... 💩, I was soaked.  It should clear up by this afternoon, and we can head back out.  Sitting by the fireplace watching the PGA instead.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, we started to play this morning even though it was cold; 52º with a 6 mph wind.  I'm OK with that, but it was 93º last weekend!!

I played the first 4 holes +1.  THEN, it started to rain, AND the wind picked up to maybe 15-20 mph.  I could see blue sky off in the distance, but that was not the direction the weather was coming from.  We quit!  I live in the desert; I don't need to play in these conditions.  By the time I got the clubs loaded into my freshly washed car... 💩, I was soaked.  It should clear up by this afternoon, and we can head back out.  Sitting by the fireplace watching the PGA instead.

... Please send that rain down here to Phoenix. No rain since December. DECEMBER!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Just played my 1st tournament of the year.

It was brutal, steady 20mph winds and gusts up to 35mph. And it never stopped raining, damn, even with rain gear, I ended up with wet socks and underwear.

On several holes, you had to decide between holding on to your umbrella or to your clubs, but not both.

There was a hole where my driver went about 100 yards into the wind lol

Ended up shooting 100... honestly not bad for the weather conditions.

• Like 7

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Please send that rain down here to Phoenix. No rain since December. DECEMBER!!!

Rain doesn't last long here; maybe an hour or two.  We need it up here this year; we are in a drought year.  We have irrigation water supplied by a canal system, but in the past we have been rationed during droughts.  We live along the Columbia River, but the irrigation canal is fed by the Yakima River which starts in the Cascades from snow melt.  

• Like 4

Played a stableford tournament today.. rain stayed out which was good the course was pretty dry considering it was just underwater on Monday.

Drove the ball really well, few over drawn irons ..cause for some work wound the greens , but alot of up and downs to save par or even bogey.

Avoided the big numbers, even on 17 after driving into the Lake was able to escape with a one last revolution putt to save par.

Got a point on all of the holes to be +6 on the quota..

I like the progress of my game so far..

SmartSelect_20210522-141050_GHIN.jpg.a9cb4e009e36a017dc59a7b9cd067e90.jpg

SmartSelect_20210522-141117_GHIN.jpg.489bd5fb09fa57736458fc48ee5fa263.jpg

• Like 5

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.