Our Sponsors

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was notified today that I won a Club Champion fitting!  I will be going to the one in Atlanta and once I go thorough this experience, I will post my thoughts in this thread.    

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018   When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director

Well I went in for my iron/putter fitting today and I have to say I was quite surprised.   First the putter fitting...I rolled the 7 balls and made 6 of them. There's a contraption on the shaft to

Posted Images

Well that wraps it up. Let me know if you have any questions or want more detailed information on my session.

You already gave a review that's about as detailed as it gets! Really awesome stuff man, thanks for taking the time to write that up. Having never been fit myself, the process they take to set you up properly was really interesting to follow.

Here's my question: How do you feel about your results?

Personally, I'd be a little disappointed to get as many "stay with current" recommendations. I guess it's good for validation of your previous choices, but that would really point the blaming finger right at the Indian

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Nice write up! How far of a drive was it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took me 3 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home.   Finishing up at 4:15 put my right in the DC traffic.    I really wish I was closer,  it would be nice to be able to go hit some of the options again to verify my results.

You already gave a review that's about as detailed as it gets! Really awesome stuff man, thanks for taking the time to write that up. Having never been fit myself, the process they take to set you up properly was really interesting to follow.

Here's my question: How do you feel about your results?

Personally, I'd be a little disappointed to get as many "stay with current" recommendations. I guess it's good for validation of your previous choices, but that would really point the blaming finger right at the Indian

Thanks.  I tried to give a little different perspective on the process instead of just here are my results.   Honestly I am happy with my results.  I never did a formal fitting with any of the clubs in my bag; they were all trial and error and based on results I saw from testing a lot of different clubs.   We actually talked about finding clubs that fit your game and how once you have the right clubs it should take a while before you find something that replaces what you are playing.  Going in I knew my hybrids and putter were good fits.   My wedge game is a mess; my fitter said I have a 5 handicap swing and a 15 handicap wedge game based on the results of my hitting some partial wedges.  3 Wood I wasn't sure what to expect but really didn't care since I don't use that club much.  I expected there to be more difference in the driver fitting and was hoping for that 15 yard gain.  Irons were pretty much what I expected;  figured the right shaft would give me a little better performance. 

Overall,  I think my expectations were kept in check after having been involved in the most wanted testing for 2 years.   I see my numbers on MGS's launch monitor and know that there really isn't a lot of difference between any of the various OEMs.   The combinations of the different heads and shafts basically allow you to tweak the launch and spin numbers and as long as your fits is close you won't see much improvement.

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Took me 3 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home. Finishing up at 4:15 put my right in the DC traffic. I really wish I was closer, it would be nice to be able to go hit some of the options again to verify my results.

Thanks. I tried to give a little different perspective on the process instead of just here are my results. Honestly I am happy with my results. I never did a formal fitting with any of the clubs in my bag; they were all trial and error and based on results I saw from testing a lot of different clubs. We actually talked about finding clubs that fit your game and how once you have the right clubs it should take a while before you find something that replaces what you are playing. Going in I knew my hybrids and putter were good fits. My wedge game is a mess; my fitter said I have a 5 handicap swing and a 15 handicap wedge game based on the results of my hitting some partial wedges. 3 Wood I wasn't sure what to expect but really didn't care since I don't use that club much. I expected there to be more difference in the driver fitting and was hoping for that 15 yard gain. Irons were pretty much what I expected; figured the right shaft would give me a little better performance.

Overall, I think my expectations were kept in check after having been involved in the most wanted testing for 2 years. I see my numbers on MGS's launch monitor and know that there really isn't a lot of difference between any of the various OEMs. The combinations of the different heads and shafts basically allow you to tweak the launch and spin numbers and as long as your fits is close you won't see much improvement.

Awesome stuff Cnosil. I don't recall your wedge game from the time we played. But I do recall saying something about seeing the smoothest swing, I've seen in a long time. No doubt your iron and driver swing are on point and we're able to provide good feedback for your results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

That's a great review!

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• 2 weeks later...

Club fitting is so confusing. I know that each launch monitor and my swing on that day impacts the results but I would think that while the numbers may vary, the results would be consistent.

Went to GG and they had the new M3 and M4 demos so I thought I would try them. Compared them to the g400, rogue, and F8+. Interesting that the g400 was dead last for me. the M4 was significantly better than the others. If we constantly get different end results, how are we supposed to choose. And yes, I realize that I wasn't hitting the same shaft as CC. I am eager to compare the M4 vs the g400 at MGS to see how they compare in the most wanted testing.

Just so frustrating!!!!!

• Like 2

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Club fitting is so confusing. I know that each launch monitor and my swing on that day impacts the results but I would think that while the numbers may vary, the results would be consistent.

Went to GG and they had the new M3 and M4 demos so I thought I would try them. Compared them to the g400, rogue, and F8+. Interesting that the g400 was dead last for me. the M4 was significantly better than the others. If we constantly get different end results, how are we supposed to choose. And yes, I realize that I wasn't hitting the same shaft as CC. I am eager to compare the M4 vs the g400 at MGS to see how they compare in the most wanted testing.

Just so frustrating!!!!!

Club fitting is interesting.... it is a one-time one-day process.  If you're hitting draws that day for some reason (and you normally don't) then you might end up fit for the wrong clubs and not even know it.  It seems like it should be a 3 day process and then, after the 3 days you have a good average/idea of how a person 'generally' hits a ball and can make a better decision as to what clubs fit best.  I realize that you can always bring them back and there can be some adjustments made but it just seems to be inefficient the way it works.

My other 'gripe' with club fitting is that they always seem to want to fit you into the latest/greatest....

What if I walked in and told my fitter - look, I want to be fit into some clubs but I want to buy something that's 2-4 years old and save some money.  Would they look at me like I had a 3rd eyeball and tell me to get out or would it be more along the lines of, well, we'll fit you into what we have (the newer models) and then we can give you a recommendation for an older model that would work well for you.  My hope is that would be possible but the 2 times I've been (not counting the putter) I haven't had much luck.

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Just so frustrating!!!!!

I'm really curious to hear the outcome of those two drivers for you as well.  

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Club fitting is interesting.... it is a one-time one-day process. If you're hitting draws that day for some reason (and you normally don't) then you might end up fit for the wrong clubs and not even know it. It seems like it should be a 3 day process and then, after the 3 days you have a good average/idea of how a person 'generally' hits a ball and can make a better decision as to what clubs fit best. I realize that you can always bring them back and there can be some adjustments made but it just seems to be inefficient the way it works.

My other 'gripe' with club fitting is that they always seem to want to fit you into the latest/greatest....

What if I walked in and told my fitter - look, I want to be fit into some clubs but I want to buy something that's 2-4 years old and save some money. Would they look at me like I had a 3rd eyeball and tell me to get out or would it be more along the lines of, well, we'll fit you into what we have (the newer models) and then we can give you a recommendation for an older model that would work well for you. My hope is that would be possible but the 2 times I've been (not counting the putter) I haven't had much luck.

Sounds like you listened to Adam's podcast regarding the today vs tomorrow stuff.

Been doing enough testing to understand the day to day differences of draws vs fade days and swing speed variances. After looking at ball flight and swing speed I would say that the swings were fairly comparable. Ignoring actual numbers and normalizing the results, most of the drivers were in the same range with most beating the G400. That would be fine if I stopped there. The puzzling part for me is that the M4 was 15 yards longer than everything else. I just find it hard to believe that I would get that much difference with current tech vs current tech. Maybe against 5 year old clubs. Current vs current being generally equal is generally what I see in the most wanted testing for my swing. There are outliers but nothing in the 15 yards more range.

Club fitting is great and I appreciate the value. but I am glad I am not an impulse buyer when it comes to drivers and irons.

• Like 3

15 yards? That's impressive. Same shaft and loft?

Wasn't at CC, just put it here since I had discussed my fitting at CC and their results. This was sort of my own follow up validation testing. It was just the stock shaft in the M4 at the same loft as the g400. While impressive, I have a hard time believing. Waiting for MGS to get their testers in so I can compare to what I am seeing with the drivers on the launch monitor.

• Like 1

What if I walked in and told my fitter - look, I want to be fit into some clubs but I want to buy something that's 2-4 years old and save some money.  Would they look at me like I had a 3rd eyeball and tell me to get out or would it be more along the lines of, well, we'll fit you into what we have (the newer models) and then we can give you a recommendation for an older model that would work well for you.  My hope is that would be possible but the 2 times I've been (not counting the putter) I haven't had much luck.

Sounds like you listened to Adam's podcast regarding the today vs tomorrow stuff.

I am completely geeked out about what Adam is doing with True Golf Fit. I may be projecting too much onto this, but I'm hoping that they will be able to truly map your "swing genome" by getting your numbers, then model that onto a huge database of clubs to determine performance.

So that way, they could tell you that based on your current baseline driver, you could gain 1.25 strokes per round by upgrading to brand new club X with shaft Y in Z configuration (which would cost you around $500). But you could also gain 1 stroke per round with a 3 year old driver and shaft for far less. And that leaves you with a decision - what is that last .25 strokes per round worth to you? A traditional fitter can't be expected to keep years worth of stock around to let you compare. I get that. But with modeling, it should be able to be done.

I'd pay an annual fee to subscribe to this.

• Like 5

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I am completely geeked out about what Adam is doing with True Golf Fit. I may be projecting too much onto this, but I'm hoping that they will be able to truly map your "swing genome" by getting your numbers, then model that onto a huge database of clubs to determine performance.

So that way, they could tell you that based on your current baseline driver, you could gain 1.25 strokes per round by upgrading to brand new club X with shaft Y in Z configuration (which would cost you around $500). But you could also gain 1 stroke per round with a 3 year old driver and shaft for far less. And that leaves you with a decision - what is that last .25 strokes per round worth to you? A traditional fitter can't be expected to keep years worth of stock around to let you compare. I get that. But with modeling, it should be able to be done.

I'd pay an annual fee to subscribe to this.

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Excited to see where this goes.

Said it was a $ back guarantee on the pod.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Getting fit the 27th for a driver. Can't wait!

• Like 4

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Getting fit the 27th for a driver. Can't wait!

Exciting! Any drivers you are leaning towards or are you going in blind? I was super happy with my recent driver fitting. Aftermarket shafts can make such a big difference.

• Like 1

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Exciting! Any drivers you are leaning towards or are you going in blind? I was super happy with my recent driver fitting. Aftermarket shafts can make such a big difference.

I am going in with an open mind. Very interested to try the new Taylormade offerings. I currently have a Titleist 915 D2 that balloons on me so I know it's all in the shaft but it will be fun to see where we end up.

• Like 3

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

• 3 weeks later...

So I went to club champion today for my driver fitting. I went in with an open mind and not looking to get any one brand. The store was set up very well and both fitters were very nice and fun to talk to. I was fit by a gentleman named Joey. He made it a no pressure situation and we had a lot of fun during the fitting.

After warming up I hit some balls with my driver. Needless to say you could tell it was February. So I hit a few more and got the numbers I was expecting.

IMG_7096.PNG

We then tried a few more shafts in my current driver head

IMG_7097.PNG

IMG_7098.PNG

IMG_7099.PNG

IMG_7100.PNG

From this we determined that the Accra Tour Z X465 M5 shaft was the best one for me.

IMG_7101.PNG

This gave us a good baseline to work from. Now after I hit my driver Joey asked where I wanted to go with the fitting. I told hit I wanted 14* of launch and around 2500 rpm. He laughed and said let's see what we can do.

I started with the M3. I did not like this driver at all and it felt very dead. Next was the Ping 400 max. 2 swings with it and it was not for me. Onto the M4. The first 5 I hit with this were great. The numbers I was looking for. Then onto the Rouge. I hit it well but missed left bad. And finally the F8. This brought the highest ball speed of the day at 169mph but was not consistent.

So back to my current set up. I hit a few more and saw exactly the same thing as the start. We switched back to the M4 and it was clearly the club for me.

IMG_7091.PNG

So I have on order the Taylormade M4 with the Accra Tour Z X465 M5 shaft. I am looking forward to this club. Swing speed was great as was my carry distance. I ended up getting over 8 yards of carry and almost 14 yards total.

IMG_7103.PNG

• Like 7

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Awesome. Did they talk about length if shaft at all?

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Awesome. Did they talk about length if shaft at all?

No these are all stock length. Some changes based on the clubs stock offering. I believe I am at 45”. I was not really looking to change that as the numbers I got were right where I wanted to be.

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Another note the numbers are very close. I have my numbers from the SKYTrack gps and my average drive in 2017 was 286 yards with my 915. Trackman has it at 294. But as I've stated in other threads my home course you get no roll. I feel this was a very accurate representation of what I do and recommend getting fit properly.

• Like 1

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: