Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PGA Tour & PIF/LIV Golf Merger

DeBartola_B

4 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

What happens to Greg Norman ? The PGA gonna have to put up with him?

image.png.2aa687d77d751cce6301322859ca45c8.png

If he didn't know I'm wondering if he was negotiated out.  If the PGA cuts Greg out again he might go nuclear.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Man this continues to get more and more interesting.  Going to be an awesome documentary one day!

As a golf fan this is nothing but fantastic news.  Getting all the stars from all across the country back together again will be fantastic.  Never been a better time to be a golf fan.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

17 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

Isn't it strange that the PGA, DP Tour and LIV announcement is the day after the Saudis agreed to cut oil production to drive the price up. 

It's certainly one way of making sure no one talked about their action of raising the price of gasoline and other petroleum-based products on the American consumer.  

My thought exactly @Golf2Much. In addition, 1 day ago Saudi Aramco announces record profits of $161 Billion. I don't want to get political however, there are no such things as coincidences any longer! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

This is just blowing my mind lol. Jay Monahan is going to lose a ton of credibility and respect, including from me, for seemingly deciding to take the bag and run with the money. He was SO STAUNCH against LIV for how long, and now reading some quotes from him regarding the merger just make him seem like a snake in the grass. Will this be good for the game long term? Probably, but hard to say. I will enjoy seeing all of the best players in the same fields again to be sure. But man, this is just crazy.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

49 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Will you explain this to me? I have no idea what it means. 

A bush hog is a 4 wheeled all terrain vehicle that is typically used on farms. I'm guessing that HV3 wants to hop on and get away from any social media or news for a while.

My comment (from the top rope) comes from wrestling - it means completely demolish or eradicate with vigor...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Just now, Jnoble89 said:

This is just blowing my mind lol. Jay Monahan is going to lose a ton of credibility and respect, including from me, for seemingly deciding to take the bag and run with the money. He was SO STAUNCH against LIV for how long, and now reading some quotes from him regarding the merger just make him seem like a snake in the grass. Will this be good for the game long term? Probably, but hard to say. I will enjoy seeing all of the best players in the same fields again to be sure. But man, this is just crazy.

fair enough, and I see Monahan catching a lot of heat (rightfully) but there is no way possible he made this decision all by himself. he's just the face of the org and more than likely pushed hard for it to protect stuff coming out in discovery during a trial.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Money doesn't always win out as there are still some people and organizations that value integrity. But sadly more often than not you are correct and greed wins. Thankfully we have a video of the meeting between LIV, PGA and the DP Tour:

Cant buy me but cant speak for others!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, StrokerAce said:

fair enough, and I see Monahan catching a lot of heat (rightfully) but there is no way possible he made this decision all by himself. he's just the face of the org and more than likely pushed hard for it to protect stuff coming out in discovery during a trial.

For sure, he's absolutely the face of it but I agree it wasn't his decision alone. I just am always bothered when someone does a TOTAL 180 on something. It feels like a massive win for LIV and a big 'ol flop for the PGAT. Just from my point of view it makes JM look spineless, again those are just my opinions, fair or otherwise lol.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

6 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Not that Monahan had a lot of "credibility and respect" to begin with anyway!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

24 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

What happens to Greg Norman ? The PGA gonna have to put up with him?

image.png.2aa687d77d751cce6301322859ca45c8.png

I'm guessing that Norman is history with LIV Golf (maybe with a nice buyout and orders to keep his mouth shut and refrain from commenting on social media, which he isn't likely to heed, BTW).

Spoiler

my attempt to add a bit of levity to the situation.... 🤣

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Perhaps the only thing that surprises me about this entire soap opera is how predictable this outcome was. For all the posturing and hypocrisy, at the end of the day it always comes down to money.  The journey was full of twists and turns, but this was always the destination. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Sad day, but it will take me a while to digest, along with more details. Surprised and disappointed so far. The gloating, bashing and hypocrisy is enough reason to ignore this thread for at least a few days. Globalism has made many things more complicated and conflicted.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I think it's terrible for the golfers for the most part. The ones who stayed loyal to the PGA Tour missed out on a boatload of money. And as a viewer, now I have to see Patrick Reed again. Lose/lose all the way around.

They are getting plenty of additional money in two forms:

1.) From the increased purses and "enhanced events" on the PGA Tour, and

2.) Due to the fact that Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Cam Smith, Louis Oosthuisen and yes, even Sergio Garcia and Phil Mickelson are not there competing for prize money in PGA Tour events.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

They are getting plenty of additional money in two forms:

1.) From the increased purses and "enhanced events" on the PGA Tour, and

2.) Due to the fact that Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Cam Smith, Louis Oosthuisen and yes, even Sergio Garcia and Phil Mickelson are not there competing for prize money in PGA Tour events.

If you think the money from increased purses equals the overloaded contracts with guaranteed money that the LIV players got, then there's really nothing more to discuss here. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

If you think the money from increased purses equals the overloaded contracts with guaranteed money that the LIV players got, then there's really nothing more to discuss here. 

+1. The elite players on the PGA Tour who stayed will never make up what DJ, Brooks, Bryson & Phil got from LIV $ to name a few. I could see how they'd feel betrayed today.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I/you have to wonder if Brooks winning the PGA didn't have an underlying affect on the mindset of the PGA Tour. I'm sure that the LIV people enjoy(ed) bragging rights and if any of the Opens were to be one by a LIV player, the PGA Tour would not look all that high and mighty any more. 

Now also, wonder if the R&A will do an about face as far as reinstating that course back into the rotation. After all since it's all joining hands and singing "show me the money", there should be no real need to remove a course from the rotation just because!!

Now you also may wonder just how much Tiger and Rory will be compensated for their stead fast stance behind the Tour and Mr Integrity........Just sayin! 

Total Callaway bag - except putter

3 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Very few of the LIV players got the massively overloaded contracts (and the "guarantees" are not as guaranteed as they were initially reported to be).  Sure, Mickelson, DJ and Cam Smith allegedly got huge payouts, but they are in the small minority on that Tour.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

A bush hog is a 4 wheeled all terrain vehicle that is typically used on farms. I'm guessing that HV3 wants to hop on and get away from any social media or news for a while.

My comment (from the top rope) comes from wrestling - it means completely demolish or eradicate with vigor...

Loved the tweet from HV3, and spot on with HV3 hopping on and getting away from social for a while. 

I am sorry to be that guy--but for clarity sake, a bush hog is a large rotary blade mower most commonly powered by and pulled behind a tractor.  It is used to mow fields with a mix of growth that would be difficult for a commercial mower to clear.  So HV3 is getting away from social and getting back to work.  @PeterHenric

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

40 minutes ago, ballhawk said:

I/you have to wonder if Brooks winning the PGA didn't have an underlying affect on the mindset of the PGA Tour. I'm sure that the LIV people enjoy(ed) bragging rights and if any of the Opens were to be one by a LIV player, the PGA Tour would not look all that high and mighty any more. 

Now also, wonder if the R&A will do an about face as far as reinstating that course back into the rotation. After all since it's all joining hands and singing "show me the money", there should be no real need to remove a course from the rotation just because!!

Now you also may wonder just how much Tiger and Rory will be compensated for their stead fast stance behind the Tour and Mr Integrity........Just sayin! 

I haven't followed much of the silliness but it wouldn't surprise me if negotiations on merging have been behind the scenes and ongoing since well before Cupcake won the PGA Championship.  A little Cuban Missile Crisis on the links...

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

I would like to be a fly on the wall when Monahan addresses the PGA Tour players at the RBC Canadian Open at 4pm today.  I heard that none of the players knew anything about this prior to the announcement.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks for the clarification and explanation @JohnSmalls. Funny stuff.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

1 minute ago, PeterHenric said:

Thanks for the clarification and explanation @JohnSmalls. Funny stuff.

You got it.  I have to pass credit on to @StrokerAce though.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

45 minutes ago, ballhawk said:

I doubt it.  Deals like this just don't happen that quickly.    This has been in the works for a while.  I'd be willing to bet that conversations and informal feelers for this have been going on since at least the Masters, but probably well before...  With much of the heavy lifting legal work being nailed down and finalized over the last month.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

This is such a bummer, man. 

Pro golf is going to change forever, and I don't see how this changes it for the better

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

15 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Loved the tweet from HV3, and spot on with HV3 hopping on and getting away from social for a while. 

I am sorry to be that guy--but for clarity sake, a bush hog is a large rotary blade mower most commonly powered by and pulled behind a tractor.  It is used to mow fields with a mix of growth that would be difficult for a commercial mower to clear.  So HV3 is getting away from social and getting back to work.  @PeterHenric

...and real bush hogs, not wanna be bush hogs, have chains.  PTO and chains, works every time, mean combination.  No thorn bushes allowed...

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

2 minutes ago, Charles Lechair said:

This is such a bummer, man. 

Pro golf is going to change forever, and I don't see how this changes it for the better

Why do you say that? Wouldn't it be a good thing that all of the best golfers in the world will now play against each other more? The money was always going to go up LIV just pushed it to happen quicker. I think in the long run this is great for golf but JM will get canned and rightfully so for all the backtracking he is going to have to do now. 

Driver - Titleist TSR3 

3-wood- PING G10 

3 Hybrid- Taylormade M2 

Irons- Taylormade R9 

Gap Wedge- Cleveland CG12 

Lob wedge- Cleveland CG10 

Putter- Odyssey 2-Ball White hot 

PGAMemes is having an absolute heyday with this merger. Whether you are for or against or indifferent, there is some real comedy over there. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS