Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

Rapsodo MLM2PRO Member Testing Review - BOS edition

We’re back for another BOS edition review.  This time I was fortunate to be able to put the new MLM2PRO from Rapsodo through its paces both indoors and out and really enjoy the improvements that have been made from the original MLM!

For those of you who don’t know me; Hi!  I’m Bryan, or as I’m better known around these parts GolfSpy BOS.  I’m a 36 year old single digit handicap with hopes and dreams of getting to scratch and about 1/18th the time required to put in the practice to do so.  When I’m not golfing or dreaming of golfing I can most likely be found on some youth sports field or carting one of my three wonderful children around to some activity. 

IMG_7268.jpeg 8E49DC36-C503-41B2-A537-BB7AFA3DA6A6.jpeg

Thankfully, my oldest has already taken to the sport and my other two have shown interest as well!  So, It seems I will have some built in golf-buddies for life.  But enough about me, onto the review!

First, thank you to Rapsodo for including a unit for me to use on this review.  It was exciting to see the significant improvements made from the OG MLM to the MLM2PRO unit!  From the start the whole experience is more premium in every way.  More on that below! 

IMG_8036.jpg

First Impressions - 10/10

Out of the box the MLM2PRO unit feels solid and premium.  The unit has a smooth soft feeling finish and has a nice heft to it.  It doesn’t feel like it’s going to get pushed around in the wind and the stand smartly has holders built in for a phone or iPad to use a display, even though that’s not needed to use the unit.  Compared to the original MLM this just feels like everything has been stepped up a notch.  Even the case is well done with molded spaces to firmly hold the base and main unit in place securely.  

IMG_6996.jpg   IMG_6997.jpg

Aesthetics - 10/10

I think the MLM2PRO unit looks great.  Either stand alone, or using a phone or tablet on the base it looks cool on the range and more like the tool it was designed to be than the original MLM ever did.

On the app side I also like some of the improvements they have made to the UI and the overall experience while using the app from graphics to shot-tracers has improved since the original MLM came out.  I particularly like having the iPad setup with the MLM2PRO.  I think that is how it looks the most professional and I can see all the data I need from a little further away.  Check out Jackson working on getting his long drive going and loving the new practice set up!

Side note:  He spent a lot of time working on smashing balls and by the end of the year he drove a few greens setting up around 150 yards away!  I give some of the credit to good genetics of course, but outside of that having feedback from the MLM2PRO was huge at both building his confidence and to unleash his speed!
The Numbers - 17/20

I’ve spent most of my review time with the MLM2PRO unit in net mode either in my garage or in the back yard.  Overall, I think the numbers have been very consistent and accurate compared to other top-grade units.  I found this particularly true when using the Callaway RPT balls to capture spin metrics. 

If I were doing any serious swing work or utilizing the Rapsodo to test shafts or new equipment I would highly recommend using those as capturing the spin made a big difference in shot shape that I was seeing.  Here's a few screen grabs of my testing with the Edison PW versus mine.

IMG_7873.jpeg IMG_7874.jpeg

When I wasn’t using the Callaway RPT balls my results were still good, but it was obvious that spin is a big deal for this launch monitor.  Hitting into a net with regular balls (Yellow TP5 and Chrome Soft’s that I won at a scramble) I noticed that ball speed, launch, and carry were all still what I would expect to see but shot shape becomes basically straight.  Not much I would say to blame the Rapsodo there, hitting into a new it only has 5-6 feet of flight to make all its calculations.  And to be honest, when I’m inside, over the winter, just trying to maintain my swing and have some fun?  It’s more than acceptable, especially on full swings.  For me things do break down a little once you get inside of 50 yards or so.  However, this is not unique to the Rapsodo and is on par with other simulators I’ve used including full enterprise class solutions from Full Swing, Foresight, and others. 

IMG_8039.png

Outside I used the MLM2PRO recently at the range and had a great experience with it.  Not needing to use your phone as a source for the camera really freed up my setup.  The range I was at did have a bit of a slope behind the hitting area, so I used a ball bucket to prop it up higher and closer to level with the mats.  I was thrilled that the MLM2PRO captured every shot… even the half swings I took at balls that were split while I was getting loose.  Yes… the balls were split.  These range balls were mostly tired at best, with only a handful having any sort of glossiness left on their cover.  Based on the condition of the balls I was happy with the reported figured and numbers.  They closely aligned with that I was seeing directionally and the radar handled some pull-draw shots better than the original MLM did for me. 

On The Range/In the Garage - 35/40

So we know the numbers are solid, how is the actual user experience on the range and in the garage?  Overall, excellent.  And significantly improved from the OG MLM. 

From the start setting up the unit is easy as the base connects with a twist and the built in tripod is simple and sturdy.  The app has worked quickly for me to connect to the device and within a few taps on the screen I have been good to go.  I did face a few connection issues early in the review process, but the latest firmware revisions have resolved those issues for me.  Once the MLM2PRO is set up and ready to go the different modes really highlight the advancements from the original unit to the MLM2PRO for me.

IMG_8011.jpeg  2023-11-18 13:33:34 +0000.gif

Hitting outside on the range I had no missed shots or bad reads in situations that seemed to always trip up the original MLM.  All of the shot tracers that I have reviewed started at the ball where they belong and took a path fitting the flight I observed.  I still do enjoy having that quick review of each swing as it helps me remember to focus on practicing versus bashing balls.  Also the feedback you get from having a radar is invaluable.  I’ve also used it to keep an eye on swing speed where I hit some balls without caring about the actual shot but wanted to see an increase in swing speed.  The unit is very versatile in the regard since it combines camera features for teaching/learning as well as club and ball data.

One of the new features that I am growing fond of is the Performance Combine.  When you do a combine session you hit 3 clubs.  2 clubs to approach distances and 1 as a tee shot.  You get some warmup shots and then, games on!  The app lets you know which shot you are trying to hit and rotates through until 8 of each distance, 24 total shots.  No retakes, no deletes, no hiding.  It is a great way to get some quick but effective practice with a little added pressure.  It lets you select distances and tee clubs or will recommend distances as you progress through combine sessions.  One thing I like doing is using my 5-wood or hybrid off the tee because I don’t love hitting my driver into the net and it gets me extra practice with those other tee clubs. 

Some Combine Results:

IMG_8026.png  IMG_8027.png  IMG_8028.png

The performance combine is quickly becoming my favorite mode to use when I’m practicing at home because it adds a little pressure to the routine and demands focus.  I’ll be using this in the offseason to keep as fresh as possible to hit the ground running in the Spring.  Spending an occasional session just hitting balls to stay loose has its place too, but the gamification of the combine keeps you engaged and produces more valuable insight as to where my game is at.  I was not surprised at all to learn that Dr. Sasho Mackenzie helped to design the combine feature since his app for The Stack is my favorite for speed training and he seems to have a knack for creating engaging apps to keep you working towards better performance.   

Play It or Trade it? 20/20

I will be using this all winter to keep fresh and try to keep my shot making sharp as well.  I can see myself using the range feature along with my speed training to maintain my full swing.  But I also plan to use the combine feature to challenge myself to hit specific target distances and drive with that little added bit of pressure from combine sessions.  I also love the impact vision as it allows me to keep an eye on my actual contact versus what I perceive as good contact. 

IMG_7392.png

Some areas I’d love to see continued development are mainly in the simulator functions.  They are rather basic, but functional right now.  I am looking forward to multiplayer support, which is something they have already mentioned as in the pipeline, so I hope that comes to fruition soon. 

I’d also like to see full computer/mac support.  I think this would really help the Rapsodo MLM2PRO compete against the more simulator focused competition and would really allow this unit to be used much easier in a home sim setup with a projector.  I’m hopeful that the folks at Rapsodo are thinking about this since they recently launched the web portal which was really their first time utilizing a non-phone-based space. 

The quality of the MLM2PRO and simulator function, as well as support for e6 and a few other platforms point to the overall potential for this launch monitor to be a hub for your home simulator setup, so I hope they can put the development into a computer app which should only require a firmware update of the unit to make work after that.  Either way, I’m really enjoying my time with the Rapsodo MLM2PRO and look forward to seeing what future enhancements Rapsodo comes up with!

Overall Total 92/100

The Rapsodo MLM2PRO is everything I wanted the original MLM to be and more.  Relatively easy to set up and use, a number of smart features, excellent combine mode, and simulated course play punch up the value users get along with improved accuracy and spin figures while using the Callaway RPT balls.  Add to that frequent firmware updates and communications from Rapsodo and future updates that should add even more features and you have one awesome tool for practice and play when you can’t get on the course.

IMG_7756.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Congrats testers! Excited to see how this works for you guys. Please let us know how it compares to the previous version…if you’ve used it before! Interested to see if the price difference is worth it. Thanks again and good luck!!

Congrats folks and this should be an interesting read for sure!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congratulations to all the testers. I look forward to seeing how good this new sim works as I currently have a Garmin Approach R10. 

In my :ping-small: Pioneer riding on a Riksha Cart

:ping-small: G400 LST: Alta CB Xstiff
:taylormade-small:: M2 3 wood: 

:titelist-small:: 818 H1 Hybrid 3: Project X Even Flow Blue 85
:taylormade-small: 2019 P790: KBS Tour
:ping-small: Glide 2: 52/56/60:
:EVNROLL:: ER2

Congratulations to the testers, looking forward to seeing how well it works and maybe some cool tracers!! 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Congrats testers!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

You lucky dogs!  Congrats everyone

• LTDx 9* TOUR AD-VR 6x
  • CLEVELAND LAUNCHER XL 15*
  • COBRA SPEEDZONE 19* HYBRID
  • CALLAWAY XR WITH ELEVATE 95S 4-AW
  • CBX2 54* TM BIG FOOT 58*
  • ODYSSEY VERSA 3 TS
  • CHROME SOFT X LS YELLOW

Congratulations Testers! You have earned the envy of many a golfer. Can’t wait to see this one.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Congrats to our testers! Looking forward to seeing if this is a great step forward from the original MLM!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Thank MGS and Rapsodo for the opportunity to participate in this testing.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congratulations testers!  

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Congrats. to this great, diverse group of testers selected for this product. 😎

Really looking forward to the comments and reviews as they put this into use to improve and solidify their golf games. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Congrats Testers! Now the fun begins

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Congratulations testers this is an awesome opportunity. I am a big fan of this company, can't wait to hear about their new product.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

Congrats everyone!  Looking forward to your reviews for sure.  I'm in the market for a good launch monitor 👍

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congrats testers, interested to see your thoughts as a personal launch monitor at a reasonable price is very intriguing. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

1 minute ago, Gokougs said:

Bummer for me! Lucky for those picked! Looking forward to hearing great things about this test!

Glad to have you in the Forum! 

Keep up the activity and engagement and your time will come. 

With roughly 40 tests per season and normally 4 plus testers per test (sometimes more) there are a lot of opportunities to be selected. Plus we usually pick 1-3 new testers per test making the opportunity for new members to get involved better now than ever before. 

Check out the want to be a tester thread as well! It will help give you the inside track on how to better your chances. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Awesome opportunity for you guys! Looking forward to see if anything you all discover transfers to my in home set up. Enjoy!

• PING G430 LST 10.5 driver
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3w
  • PING G400 5w
  • Cobra Speedzone 3h
  • Srixon z585 irons 5-AW
  • Cleveland CBX2 52
  • Cleveland CBX 56
  • PING Heppler Anser 2 putter

Way to go testers! Hey @JFish350 how much you gonna charge for rental use of this? 🙂  

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review