• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Standing on 1st Tee this morning in light drizzle a shot of lightning with a thunder boom over us. We all looked at each other turned and went to Darrells Diner for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Smart plan.  I don't do lightning!

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

No play for me!! At check in they rattled off the list of restrictions due to all the rain so I canceled.
Saw the Ranger in cart parking who is a friend of mine and he said smart move canceling water was bad.
Putted a little bit on practice green and that was pretty damp.
I’ll wait for Friday and Bacon Boyz.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot an 80 today.  Greens were just punched and heavily sanded, so we were a bit generous with putts given.  However, I can honestly say that I didn't pick up any long putts and most were tap in or slightly more.  The chips sure did react funny however.  Thought I hit some good ones only to watch them react totally different than expected.

Same with my round today! Had some chips really check on the sand and others were skipping right through it!

• Like 4

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

2 hours ago, JoshDay said:

Played at Sequoia Woods County Club for the first time since the snow completely lifted. Course was beautiful, but the greens were recently aerated. They were sandy and a little hairy, but it was a great day. Had some struggles off the tee, but played to my handicap, enjoyed the beauty, and am ready to head back up ASAP.

SWCC.jpg

The fairway in the bottom 2 pics looks like its 5 yards wide!!  😲

• Like 8

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Went out with a friend for a quick 9 hole practice round.  Hit the ball better today, making good move on the ball with better rotation and balance.  Greens were just punched and sanded yesterday and there was heavy sand, some of it wet, on the greens.  Birdied the last hole (par 5).  My putt was on my intended line, but may not have had the break I expected due to the heavy sand, when it hit a clod of dirt and kicked an inch to the right and center cut the hole.   We had an unofficial game of skins with carry overs between us....my birdie on the closing hole gave me a clean sweep of all 9 holes.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I think lessons are starting to improve my game after some very dismal rounds. Shot a 99 last week. ouch!!  Multiple 3 putts and probably 6 penalties off the tee   Last night was a 46 with lots of good in it and today was a 44, 40. 42. Just finding small victories to build on.

The bad was putting on 1st 9 and a 6 on a par 3 thanks to bad bunker play. Chipping and pitching was off and left too many much too short. Ive been working on solving my outside in swing plane that short game has been getting zero attention.

The good is that Im finding fairways and my iron play has got so much better. No longer taking huge pelts with a bad swing plane. Swing is so much more effortless and smooth with a good tempo.

Staying the course of lessons and willing to take my lumps. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

23 hours ago, CarlH said:

Shot an 80 today.  Greens were just punched and heavily sanded, so we were a bit generous with putts given.  However, I can honestly say that I didn't pick up any long putts and most were tap in or slightly more.  The chips sure did react funny however.  Thought I hit some good ones only to watch them react totally different than expected.

I did work on the rotation that I worked on with my swing coach with moderate success on most of my iron shots, but not so much with the driver.  I continue to struggle with that one.  More practice time needed to hone the lessons!!!!!!

Golf is crazy.

I’d been working with an instructor on my rotation also, before my back flared up. I finally got out today after almost 2 months and I had the exact opposite problem.

I was killing my driver, but I felt lost with the irons... just couldn’t get comfortable with it, and I have no idea why. I’m planning on seeing him in a few days, hopefully I can get it sorted out.

The way everything else was going today I should’ve broken 80 with even mediocre iron play, but I really never felt like I flushed one all day.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB