Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Mediocre. Got 9 in yesterday evening and was good and bad. 3 doubles a bogey and 5 pars. Was not getting off the tee well and could not get out of sand. Each of my doubles had a sand shot that just flew out of the trap. Wet bottom so just never really got under it. Wesges and irons goos again though 

I have really been struggling out of the sand this year for some reason. We were in greenside bunkers twice in 2 man scramble league last night and I failed to get out on the first swing. Thank goodness it’s a scramble, but we just did not execute approach shots well. Get the worst round out of the way early hopefully 😅

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

Last night I was a sub in a 2-man scramble league at our local course.  We had 2 other teams playing with us and both carts had loud country music blaring from their portable speakers.  I am not a fan of someone forcing me to listen to their music, let alone two different country playlists at the same time.  Then one time we were close to another hole and we got to experience some loud rap music mixed in with the country.  However, on a positive note, I had my best ball striking round since my shoulder surgery last Nov.  Let's see....Country Music + Rap = good play???  Maybe trying to ignore the music caused me to focus more on my play?

Country plus rap I always referred to as CRap.

but I listen to metal which I won’t force on people either.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Played well this morning EXCEPT putting.  Need an intervention!!  Got a couple ideas for drills from other spies and have grabbed my Ping BECU Anser 2 for tomorrow round!!  

You asked what I was doing different and I mentioned fixing setup.  Adding to that since what I have been doing seems to help.   I have started doing what is referenced in the article linked below and it has helped both pulls and pushes and seems to have given me better start line control.   similar to what I do with my right arm on full swings so it seems to make sense for putting.   

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/phil-kenyon-putting-mistake-pull-putts

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It was a long drawn out hand to hand it seemed today, and I feel very fortunate to walk away with a 79. It seemed every bad break that could go wrong, did. Lipped our endless putts, terrible lies, etc… one of those rounds where you simply have to just let it go, and it almost became funny as it wore on. But not haha funny

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

You asked what I was doing different and I mentioned fixing setup.  Adding to that since what I have been doing seems to help.   I have started doing what is referenced in the article linked below and it has helped both pulls and pushes and seems to have given me better start line control.   similar to what I do with my right arm on full swings so it seems to make sense for putting.   

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/phil-kenyon-putting-mistake-pull-putts

We played this morning and did try playing with setup.  What seemed to work in a small trial was moving ball back towards middle of my stance, I think I had ball too far forward.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played this morning with light rain on cart trip over to course that stopped B4tee time.  Spent some time on practice green that was I great condition (course as well) working on ball roll & alignment.  
On course played OK, not great, nervous wreck over putts.  We only got in 10 as we got hit with a rain storm and we bailed as one guy had to get home for his wife.  
The story of the morning was the guy with ailing wife (cancer + complications) who hasn’t played for a while had an Eagle and followed it up with a hole in one👍, he shot a 34 great morning!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Roller coaster of a last week. Have shown some really good flashes of golf but just can't put together a full 18 holes.

Three 18s: 81, 83, 84 (three double bogies and a triple 🤮)

My swing completely left me halfway through the 83 and did not come back leading to the 84 the next time out. Went 37/46 on the 83 which was a huge confidence killer. 

Four 9s: 40 (finished double, bogey after being +2 through 7), 39, 39, 37. 

Frost advisory tonight so no round tomorrow or Friday, back at it Saturday. One of these days it will all come together!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Kind of a larger update from me. Played in my 9 hole league tonight with a 20 degree temperature swing from morning to about the 8th hole ending around 50°. 

I shot 4 over with 4 bogeys and 5 pars (par 34). This is above my normal for the league but trending in the right direction considering the last 2 weeks we’re 40/41. I only hit 2/7 FIR, 4/9 GIR, 14 total putts and scrambled really well. 

I was surprised by the putting as this has been a real problem area for me this year and almost started using a new putter but decided to give my SC one more chance. The only change was a very slight grip reposition. It seemed to make a big difference as I only had 1 3-putt for the round and made a couple from outside 15’. 

All in all the game has seemed to flip flop on me as my tee game was a little wonky irons were steady but the short game saved me. Hoping we can keep it that way and just slightly improve the tee shots as I can live with scrambling a few holes in a round.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Played a new to me course .. first time playing a full 18 this year, first time riding, and first time paired with someone who's not a better player than I am...

... he was constantly distracted by the scenery - tho it *is* a fantastic course - and snapping pics on his phone, and spending a lot of time looking for lost balls, and rearranging the clubs in his bag, and generally not being ready to play, etc etc but he was the nicest, friendliest guy so even though it pulled me off my game a bit it was all good!

So from the White tees at only about 5,766 yards the rating is 69.0/130 (yikes!!!) .. and yes it was kinda brutal...

Lots of uphill and downhill shots .. including a few blind ones (these always make me tense on a new course), plenty of trees blocking an offline tee shot or when you get out of position, thick club-grabbing rough, lots of tough approaches and greens with basically no flat only lots of slope and curve.

But despite all that did manage to pull off two Pars, in a row, in the middle of the back 9!

Short game and putting were mostly decent through the round (...and we just won't get into the rest, ok? 😄)

my regular league course is 67.9/121 and ~5700yd too not sure if that means its easy... or not lol

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

I played 18 at Maplegate CC in Bellingham MA yesterday. Not a very good scoring day. Struggled off the tee and couldn't get a rhythm going because of slow play. On hole 3 the group in front of us was on the green, we were on the tee (just a twosome) and 2 other threesomes were waiting on us!!!! Had 2 really good drives of 240 plus, and 2 - 3 woods of 215 and 220 off the tee. Was really miss hitting, many shots off the toe, thin, fat and all around not good swings. When I did hit the ball well it was really good. Overall 104 (57/47) was swinging a little better on the back 9 and my only 1 putt for par on 18. 

Still a good day to play beautiful course, beautiful day low 70's and played with a very good friend!!!

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

My wife, her brother from Seattle and I played yesterday.  He's health/legs are getting worse IMO, but he still insists on playing.  Sad to see a good player deteriorate this quickly.  He quit after 9 holes and picked up on several of the ones he played.  

I started out pretty well; -1 after 4 holes, but bogeyed #5 and 6 and #9.  Shot 39.  At the turn after my BIL went home, the twosome behind us joined us for two holes; they quit after #11.  I went double bogey-bogey on those holes.  Then bogeyed #18 for a 39 on the back nine.  So 78.  No terrible by any means, but I felt like I left some on the course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, skraeling said:

my regular league course is 67.9/121 and ~5700yd too not sure if that means its easy... or not lol

My understanding is a lower first # and a higher second # each mean more difficult.

I _believe_ your league course is a little more difficult compared to the median of all golf courses.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Wednesday league yesterday i played very poopy. More so in the short game, chips were much worse from last week. Body has been feeling tired and back tight but no excuses, i just tried to get too cute with shots instead of taking the safe approaches. Hit 3 bunkers and one took 3 to get out. On the positive, i mainly stayed in the fairway off the tee and had a lot of close chip ins, but those misses ran for long putt attempts. Excited to get to my fitting on saturday and know i have the right equipment and just work on the little details

:taylormade-small: Stealth driver HD 12°

:taylormade-small: Stealh 5 wood, all stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4i-PW, AW

:taylormade-small: hi-toe raw 56°

:taylormade-small:MySpyder gt putter

11 hours ago, skraeling said:

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

My understanding is a lower first # and a higher second # each mean more difficult.

I _believe_ your league course is a little more difficult compared to the median of all golf courses.

First number is difficulty for scratch golfers and second number is difficulty for bogey golfers.   

https://thegolfacademy.org/2018/07/15/slope-vs-course-rating-two-of-golfs-most-confused-numbers/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

First number is difficulty for scratch golfers and second number is difficulty for bogey golfers.   

https://thegolfacademy.org/2018/07/15/slope-vs-course-rating-two-of-golfs-most-confused-numbers/

So it’s actually the hardest course I play out here.  Which is honestly shocking.  All the others are under 118 I think.

id have expected Missouri Bluffs to be much harder.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

just got in from a great day on the course then some practice time after the round. We played an interclub against Cordova Bay (I think I mentioned this earlier) a great group came from Cordova and we ended up 3 points each, some good golf was played in both groups I believe. 

After drinks and lunch I headed down to the range and worked on my scoring irons 7-PW then putted for about 30 minutes, a long and productive day on the course.... my best shot today was my second shot on the par 5 ninth at OV, I had 215 to the flag, hit my 2 iron hybrid to about 18 feet and sunk the putt for eagle.... felt pretty good...

committed to performance excellence

Starting to feel like a bit of a broken record here, but I guess that means that my goods and bads are becoming consistent.  Walked the front nine by myself at River Heights today.  My driver is still pretty solid, my irons are slowly coming around, and putting is good.  However, I'm blading the heck out of my wedges near the green (but I think I've narrowed that issue down) and my longer clubs, particularly my 3 wood, are less than stellar.

Shot (+12) 48 again.  Six bogeys and three doubles.  I know I've mentioned this before, but I have no reason to be overconfident regarding recovery shots.  I wouldn't necessarily label them "hero shots" but if I could hit my targets better I probably wouldn't find myself in these positions to begin with, lol.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

However, I'm blading the heck out of my wedges near the green (but I think I've narrowed that issue down)

Get your weight off your back foot!!! {said someone who’s done that for years} 😄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played like poop, I am getting on or around the green when I should then short game is ruining it, cant chip close, lag putts are not dialed in and Im frustrated.  The new Full face RTX 52 wedge shows promise, today was its 1st outing , the best way to improve my lag putting is to get the ball closer to the hole in the 1st place.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Get your weight off your back foot!!! {said someone who’s done that for years} 😄

Pretty much.  I'm also guilty of popping up as I swing in a poor attempt to almost scoop the ball softly, to predictably disastrous results!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter