Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, TomBomb51 said:

I dont know whats going on, but I have gone unconscious the last few weeks. It started with a small convo with my league partner, saying I need to change mentally how I go about putting. Something switched and I have been putting insane. 

Had a $600 skins match on labor day and I shot the course record while raking in some cash.

I have a tournament tomorrow where all the club champs in the area get together to play in a Tournament of Champions. Hopefully it continues...

PXL_20230904_181121385.jpg

PXL_20230904_181127824.jpg

Fantastic round!

Play like a champion today!

On 4/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, TSauer said:

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

I should just retire now. emoji23.png

Submit your score to your manufacturers, at least to ball and club. They give you some cool stuff. Titleist sent me a nice bag tag and cert, plus they put it on their records. Congrats!

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

36 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

I dont know whats going on, but I have gone unconscious the last few weeks. It started with a small convo with my league partner, saying I need to change mentally how I go about putting. Something switched and I have been putting insane. 

Had a $600 skins match on labor day and I shot the course record while raking in some cash.

I have a tournament tomorrow where all the club champs in the area get together to play in a Tournament of Champions. Hopefully it continues...

WOW!!!  Where are you located in Central NY?  I grew up in Western NY (less than 20 miles outside of Buffalo), lived for 10+ years and went to college in Rochester, and my son lived and worked in Seneca Falls for several years.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

4 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

WOW!!!  Where are you located in Central NY?  I grew up in Western NY (less than 20 miles outside of Buffalo), lived for 10+ years and went to college in Rochester, and my son lived and worked in Seneca Falls for several years.

I am in the Utica/Rome area. I have golfed a bit out in the Rochester area, had some college tournaments out that way. Blue Heron, Ravenwood, obviously went to Oak Hill for the PGA (the last 3 of them, actually.)

*insert WITB here*

1 minute ago, TomBomb51 said:

I am in the Utica/Rome area. I have golfed a bit out in the Rochester area, had some college tournaments out that way. Blue Heron, Ravenwood, obviously went to Oak Hill for the PGA (the last 3 of them, actually.)

One of my younger brothers and his wife lived in Rome for several years after they finished grad school in Albany. My wife and I have played most of the Turning Stone Resort courses on our two trips up there over the last 6 or 7 years.

I have attended every major golf tournament since 1989 (U.S. Open, Ryder Cup, and PGA Championship) at Oak Hill, and worked in the ACCRA/Graphite Design/KBS equipment trailer (a/k/a "tour van") at the 2013 PGA Championship when it was held there.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

21 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

One of my younger brothers and his wife lived in Rome for several years after they finished grad school in Albany. My wife and I have played most of the Turning Stone Resort courses on our two trips up there over the last 6 or 7 years.

I have attended every major golf tournament since 1989 (U.S. Open, Ryder Cup, and PGA Championship) at Oak Hill, and worked in the ACCRA/Graphite Design/KBS equipment trailer (a/k/a "tour van") at the 2013 PGA Championship when it was held there.

Yeah I live JUST outside of Rome. The course I am a member at (that scorecard) is The Golf Club of Newport. Its a hidden gem. My dad works there and he says you wouldnt believe the amount of out of towners that play there, hearing from people/internet/whatever that when you come to this area, you play the Turning Stone and you play Newport. The layout is the BEST in CNY and I have never met someone who disagrees with that. 

It was just bought last year from a guy who had it for 30 years and never once aerated the greens. So the course needs work, but its already showing massive improvements (aerating EVERYTHING, tons of tree work, brand new clubhouse etc). In a few years, it will be in tip top shape and the place to golf in CNY.

*insert WITB here*

1 hour ago, RockerFCC said:

Submit your score to your manufacturers, at least to ball and club. They give you some cool stuff. Titleist sent me a nice bag tag and cert, plus they put it on their records. Congrats!

I did send something to Titleist and they sent me one of the cool bag tags as well! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What is a "Buck's Party"... I'm guessing Aussie for bachelor's party?  

Correct

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Shot a 46 this morning on the front 9 at my home course. Best score I have posted in a while here lately and could have been as good as a 42, but left some putts out there and a couple penalty strokes. Best drive 254 that split the fairway on a par 5 and got FIR/GIR on that hole. Left my lag putt about 10’ short and made that for par, which was awesome. 

Longest drive was a 282 yard poke on a short Par 4 but missed right rough and had to do a soft punch 6 to get out. Hit it exactly how I wanted but a bit too hot and it rolled across the green and into a bunker. Ended up with a bogey but that was ok. 

Ball striking overall was really good today so hoping to carry some momentum into my 18 hole round Sunday morning. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Had a tee time scheduled for this afternoon and may still get to play late but when clients call wanting to see properties, it's time to change hats and go show homes.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

have you ever had a round where you just forgot how to play well mine was for sure today went out and just could not hit the ball today really got me down ended with a +15 on my local 9 hole course today was just not my day 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Played Ballantrae today, shot a 40/41 for 81 (par 72). Incredible weather, albeit with some tough wind. Didn’t approach my best but putted and chipped about as well as possible, so that helped. My one triple bogey I answered with a birdie, so I’ll take that as a win. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What is a "Buck's Party"... I'm guessing Aussie for bachelor's party?  

Yep, was my bachelor party 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

15 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Yep, was my bachelor party 

Congratulations!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

11 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Somebody get this spy a Broke 70 badge.

No golf yesterday or today one of my favorite aunts passed away. I don't play weekends unless we have a field day. Play Monday. My short game has really improved my last 3 rounds show it, 39,40, 41. Have a great day everyone. 

Frank musolino 

Rough nine today. Started triple/dbl/quad. Yuck. Ended up shooting 50. Driver was hooky all day. Need to work on face strike. Lost my last z star diamond so swapped to a Kirkland. Confirmed I don’t like it. Putts great but is a full club short for me. Gonna use up the rest of my XVs until I can stock up on a lower spin ball. If only I could find used left dashes again. Did have a nice chip in for birdie to end the day. Also had a hell of a sand save after that awful start.  Also a not so secret shaft swap was in play today. All I can say is WOW. 

IMG_8589.png

IMG_8588.png

IMG_8586.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

37/39 today at Desert Springs in a losing team average net stableford effort.  Two of our group just simply had gawdawful rounds. I was -1 thru #8 and hit a fantastic drive on #9... or so we thought.  It was the aggresive line along the left side, easily cleared the set of three palm trees, and looked to be over the small rise and down infront of the trap. But, we think it must have hit a sprinkler head and kicked it left as it was wet, but just barely 😐.  I pulled #3 a bit left and took a DB.  Solid back but missed a few comeback putts for bogies.

I've been tracking my driving distances the past couple of weeks and I'm averaging 221.  But today, I had five over 235 and one 243.  It's got me considering switching from white to blue/white but on all but one of our four courses, that only gets me one additional stroke.  I'm not sure it's worth it as it makes several par 3's 180+.  Curious what others think and what you use as factors in choosing tees.

4 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Rough nine today. Started triple/dbl/quad. Yuck. Ended up shooting 50. Driver was hooky all day. Need to work on face strike. Lost my last z star diamond so swapped to a Kirkland. Confirmed I don’t like it. Putts great but is a full club short for me. Gonna use up the rest of my XVs until I can stock up on a lower spin ball. If only I could find used left dashes again. Did have a nice chip in for birdie to end the day. Also had a hell of a sand save after that awful start.  Also a not so secret shaft swap was in play today. All I can say is WOW. 

IMG_8589.png

IMG_8588.png

IMG_8586.jpeg

Found golf balls has used  left dash titleist. Foundgolfballs.com

Frank musolino 

10 minutes ago, Big moose said:

Found golf balls has used  left dash titleist. Foundgolfballs.com

I saw that earlier but read some pretty bad reviews from people buying from there

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

23 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I saw that earlier but read some pretty bad reviews from people buying from there

I have bought from them and lost golf balls and I have never had an issue. If you get the near mint balls the ones from lost golf balls are better.

Frank musolino 

24 minutes ago, Big moose said:

I have bought from them and lost golf balls and I have never had an issue. If you get the near mint balls the ones from lost golf balls are better.

... Of course people are free to buy whatever and wherever they want but you don't really know where these balls came from or what kind of condition they are in underneath the cover. With the cost of DTC golf balls I would never trust a used golf ball. MGS covered this:

https://mygolfspy.com/labs/mygolfspy-lab-reload-pro-v1-refinished-golf-balls/

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Of course people are free to buy whatever and wherever they want but you don't really know where these balls came from or what kind of condition they are in. With the cost of DTC golf balls I would never trust a used golf ball. MGS covered this:

https://mygolfspy.com/labs/mygolfspy-lab-reload-pro-v1-refinished-golf-balls/

I never buy refinished balls because of that reason, I buy near mint from lost golf balls, the only difference between mint and near mint is the mint balls have no logos or golfers markings. Lost golf balls never gets balls from water hazards either. 

Frank musolino 

11 minutes ago, Big moose said:

I never buy refinished balls because of that reason, I buy near mint from lost golf balls, the only difference between mint and near mint is the mint balls have no logos or golfers markings. Lost golf balls never gets balls from water hazards either. 

... Well BM you are just more trusting than I am.  😇  How do you know someone didn't find a ball in water, then lose it in the woods and Lost Golf Balls found it? Or even worse, find someones refurbished ball that looks new and lost in the woods? Maybe that's rare or maybe not, but I'm just not taking that chance. 4 Dozen Maxfli Tours (or X or S) for $120 is all the bargain I need. And if losing a few yards with an inconsistent swing, or I am a beginner or a high index player I am buying Kirkland V3's for $15 a dozen. 

Edit: I just watched the Lost Golf Balls video and it seems they do include balls from the water. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I found this beauty on Friday. Would you play a Pro V1x that was refurbished. Maybe after looking at this you will change your mind.

IMG_0492.jpeg.f4aac38185763ed27ec0ba516602f6b9.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg.1730f2afe21b72270f04a26e7ce4892c.jpeg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My wife and I played this morning; first time for me since last Sunday, but my wife played on Tuesday and Wednesday with her ladies groups.  Today I had 6 bogeys and a birdie for a reasonable round of 77 (41/36).  I did a lot of scrambling, including making some 6-7 footers for bogeys.  The birdie came on a downhill 30 footer that I thought was in the hole after I hit it.  Then it moved left...then right... then back to the left when it hit the flagstick... looked like it was going to stay out, then dropped.  In other words... a lucky birdie!  😇

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/22/2023 at 9:06 AM, TomBomb51 said:

I backed it up! Finished double bogey, bogey to limp in with the win. Had to make a 6 footer on 18 to win by 1, but a win is a win!

PXL_20230923_191617858.jpg

*insert WITB here*