How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

Didn’t keep score played with a mate who’s learning. 

never played the course before and meh won’t be back. 

B1F9382E-43BA-46AF-9CFD-C2EE6E7B9069.jpeg

That looks incredible...I'd return just for the views...

• Like 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

That looks incredible...I'd return just for the views...

It’s not bad. The Fife Riviera. 

713CFF6D-2971-42EF-8A82-670DE97F9F78.jpeg

DAC61337-C41C-4CDF-8C96-E6E40032DB0E.jpeg

• Like 9

"C'mon be good"

13 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

So, here’s what’s been going on…

I took a lesson two days after the post above this, then found out my instructor passed away suddenly two nights later.

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He was more than a teacher to me, he’d become a friend. After our final lesson we sat in a cart and talked about life for almost an hour. Then in mere hours, he was gone. I’m fortunate to live in a beautiful community with 4 excellent golf courses, but after all I’d told you about the state of my game, and then his passing, I needed to put the clubs away for a while.

I finally got back out last Saturday. Shot 38 on the front, followed by 49 on the back. Played again Tuesday, 41 on the front(with a quad!!!) and again crashed on the back with a 51.

That tells me to things. I still have “game” somewhere inside me, but I’m either unable to stay focused or strong enough physically to finish a round in the heat wave we’ve been going through down here. Neither is good, and yet to be honest, I find myself not caring enough right now either way.

Ive always competed hard in sports. Played baseball through college, and hoops in high school. I took up golf very late, but loved the competition of playing in leagues and local events. For some reason that fire just isn’t there right now, and I feel like I’m going through the motions out there.

Those of you who work, and really look forward to your weekly game probably can’t relate to what I’m talking about, but I’m wondering if any of you retired guys who play 3 or mor times a week have ever experienced the same feeling?

Sorry to about your Instructor.  When we get older it seems more and more good people pass.

As far as being retired and feeling “bored”, well yup it happens to me occasionally.  When I get in the “mood” I try to switch up guys in the groups we play with and different courses.  Once in a while I just take a few days off.  Right now SWMBO and myself started back going to the gym 3-4 days a week and going to different pools.  
I can get bored easily so I have to keep it fresh. 
Bacon Boyz keep things loose which helps.

Try keeping things fresh and you’ll be OK. 

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Bacon Boyz Exec 9 early morning, try to beat the humidity.  Our 4some today happened to be probably the 4 worst ball b&&&&&& in FL!  I don’t think I stopped laughing for a second, great time.  I played +5, 4 Pars-5 bogies in uninspired golf.  One of our guys played so bad he went to the golf shop after breakfast and dropped $1,500 on Srixon ZX4 irons!!  He’s all excited and ready to roll. 
Once again we solved the Worlds problems at breakfast👍

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 75. My first eagle ever. Only hit 1/13 fairways but the course is pretty open. Only had to really scramble twice and took bogey both times. Otherwise 9/18 GIR. 

• Like 9

Titleist Blind Tester

• Driver: :ping-small: K15
  • Woods::cobra-small: F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: :callaway-small: Apex 20 AD DI 85s
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

8 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Shot a 75. My first eagle ever. Only hit 1/13 fairways but the course is pretty open. Only had to really scramble twice and took bogey both times. Otherwise 9/18 GIR. 

Congrats on the Eagle.  Surprised that it's your first with your handicap!

• Like 4

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, PankaGolf said:

Didn’t keep score played with a mate who’s learning. 

never played the course before and meh won’t be back. 

B1F9382E-43BA-46AF-9CFD-C2EE6E7B9069.jpeg

@hckymeyer this is me saying “why the ******* **** is that fade not coming back”

• Like 5

"C'mon be good"

38 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Congrats on the Eagle.  Surprised that it's your first with your handicap!

Yeah, haven't been playing that long and just been unlucky I guess. I had 2 eagles in scrambles where I hit the drive, approach, and putt, but I just don't count those because of the format.

Anyway, now the hunt focuses on the first hole in one. 

• Like 3

Titleist Blind Tester

• Driver: :ping-small: K15
  • Woods::cobra-small: F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: :callaway-small: Apex 20 AD DI 85s
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played a round today with a buddy from work and his son who's just picking up the game after years of playing baseball. He actually hit the green on the par 5 3rd in 2 and had his first chance at an eagle putt. He didn't make it, but did tidy up for a nice birdie. 

I shot 58/57 for a 115. Everything was off today, I hit 2 fairways, no greens, and had 39 putts including 4 3 putts. I didn't hit a decent iron shot until the 12th hole, I was just scooting the ball along the ground for most of the round. 

On the bright side, I did hit my fairway woods decently, including a cart path aided 223 yard approach on the 18th. Sure, I was almost green high on a par 5 in two, but it also took 6 more shots after that to put the ball in the hole. The most pure 5 wood I hit hit a tree and literally took 5 seconds to drop straight down. Should have taken my medicine and just punched out.

I'm not disappointed in the scoring, I've been working on swing changes and the overlap with my current swing had me feeling like I'd never played before. It'll get better, just got to go through a rough patch before the magic happens. 

It was a fun, beautiful day to be on the course and I really enjoyed the company. 

Sounds like you were able to enjoy the round and see another learning the ropes!  Glad you had a good time despite the scoring. Going through swing changes and playing can be tough. We could all benefit from your ability to realize that and just enjoy the round. 

• Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played a round today with a buddy from work and his son who's just picking up the game after years of playing baseball. He actually hit the green on the par 5 3rd in 2 and had his first chance at an eagle putt. He didn't make it, but did tidy up for a nice birdie. 

I shot 58/57 for a 115. Everything was off today, I hit 2 fairways, no greens, and had 39 putts including 4 3 putts. I didn't hit a decent iron shot until the 12th hole, I was just scooting the ball along the ground for most of the round. 

On the bright side, I did hit my fairway woods decently, including a cart path aided 223 yard approach on the 18th. Sure, I was almost green high on a par 5 in two, but it also took 6 more shots after that to put the ball in the hole. The most pure 5 wood I hit hit a tree and literally took 5 seconds to drop straight down. Should have taken my medicine and just punched out.

I'm not disappointed in the scoring, I've been working on swing changes and the overlap with my current swing had me feeling like I'd never played before. It'll get better, just got to go through a rough patch before the magic happens. 

It was a fun, beautiful day to be on the course and I really enjoyed the company. 

Glad ya still had fun and understand that making major overhauls is a process! Keep on keepin on

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I live in Barefoot Resort in N. Myrtle Beach. Some of you might remember us hosting a season of The Big Break on Golf Channel a few years back.

One of the challenges was playing shots through the opening of a brick wall from the remains of an old Plantation home that surround portions of the green on one par 4 on the Love Course.

Plenty of second shots that come up just short end up either against or close to the 2 foot wall. The rule here is “integral part of the golf course”. Either play it or take an unplayable.
Same thing goes for another driveable par 4. It has an ivy covered six foot high wall surrounding 1/2 the green. Players can actually lose their drives or second shots in the ivy, or hit them up against or over the wall. Again, we play it as it lies or take an unplayable.

I played the Love and Norman courses at Barefoot many years ago and I remember those plantation remains.  I didn't remember how they were treated by the rules probably because they didn't come into play for us. 

The one thing I do remember about those courses was how fast they drained and became playable.   Right before we were to tee off in a Father / Son tournament there was heavy rain all morning.  We only had to wait about 1/2 hour after it stopped raining for the course to drain and get clearance to tee off.  I remember the water from quite a few fairways running together into streams to the storm water drains.  

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Finally got to play CAPITAL G G-O-L-F for the first time in 3 weeks. No fat shots, no flooded fairways, yes it's still soft, but I could hit down on the ball and get the shot I expected.

79 with 1 birdie. Had a few wild shots but this was kind of a recalibration round. Going back for more tomorrow.

• Like 9

Take Dead Aim

First one off this morning on a pretty brisk day.  

76 with 3 birdies 3 bogeys and two doubles.

11/14 fairways, 8/18 greens and 28 putts.

Putting the 50* in my bag was a smart move...Scrambling was just as good as my tee ball today.

• Like 9
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I’ve got to expand my “today”, to this “week”

I played good, darn good. I’m hitting on all cylinders, and except for a few brain farts, shooting about scratch.

most exciting part of it all is the new putter. And I say new, because it put my Evnroll on the bench after it’s first round.

her name is Adele. And I love her… 🥰 to see why, please read my initial review… I didn’t think it would be like this, but what can I say..

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes