Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What brought you to MGS?

revkev

I had been a member of another much smaller golf forum for several years. It was populated by nice guys who liked golf but not many knew much about equipment. Specifically no one was willing to think outside the box and I had developed a history with a member there where almost any topic could evoke a battle royal. That was fun at first but it grew tiresome after a bit.

Rookie Blue was a member there and here and he suggested that I try MGS. At the time I had lots of questions about the golf ball and there were a couple of discussions going on inside the forums that really helped me out. I also met several great guys and so I stuck around. I'm very glad that I did.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks Rev, I wouldn't have met you, if not for MGS.....like you, I also was playing around with a few other golf forums, but when I found My Golf Spy, I also found a group of golfers that enjoyed a little conversation with their inquisitiveness.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I found the site when I was looking for information on the new Hogan company when it was just a rumor out there.  I don't remember what I saw, but I kept checking back.  At some point I checked out the forums and what I found was great discussions without the flame wars that I have seen on so many other sites.  There may not be agreement on everything but the disagreements are respectful and cordial.  I was hooked.

To sum it up simply, its the quality of people here.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Nothing really brought me here. I wasn't looking for a forum. As I recall I was just surfing the web for golf stuff; killing time and stumbled upon MGS the blog. Then later I tried the forum. That's all I can say.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've joined golf forums, including this one, initially based on my interest in golf courses and golf travel.  I'm involved with rules and handicaps and competitions at my home club, and I participate in those forums here.  I also like to talk about "playing golf", the fun of it, the mental challenge of it, the competition.   I'm not greatly into golf swing instruction or equipment, which seems to make me a bit of a rarity.  The reason I've STAYED with MGS is the is the friendliness and respect of almost everyone who posts here.  I participate in only one other golf forum, along with at least one other frequent poster here, and that's plenty for me.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I started reading the blog years ago, and when MGS launched the forum, I was in from day 1.  I have been a member of other golf forums, but never seemed to have a low enough handicap, or high enough Swing Speed to know anything... 

The discussions here have always been very cordial and informative.

I will continue to stay, read and contribute as long as the song remains the same....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I kept seeing the articles on MGS and found that we had a forum here. I poked my nose in to sniff around and found that I liked it a lot more than all the others I had been a member of in the past.

There's no snarkiness here that was common on the ones that I was on before and "da management" here is very open and honest about what they do and doesn't try and sway threads or debates one way or another, unlike some.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I started reading the blog years ago, and when MGS launched the forum, I was in from day 1.  I have been a member of other golf forums, but never seemed to have a low enough handicap, or high enough Swing Speed to know anything... 

The discussions here have always been very cordial and informative.

I will continue to stay, read and contribute as long as the song remains the same....

Me too in regards to swing speed. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Was an original member on Sitd but it went very and basically the owners appeared to just give up on it with no moderation.Tried another forum for a while that started off fine,but went south quickly when you don't fit the mold.The mold was traveling to events and callaway only golf.This place appears to always stay the same,nice and relaxing and nonconfrontational which I appreciate

Was searching for info on clubs a few years back, trying to decide on wedges and googled "best wedges 2012" and came across MGS. The rest...as they say....is history

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Like many of you, I went looking for equipment reviews and found the "Most Wanted".  I actually bought quite a bit of stuff based on information in the Blog.  I didn't even know about the forums until I saw someone mention it in the Blog.  

Also like many new people to the forums, I hung around for about a year reading some posts that interested me and I got to know some of the people based on what and how they wrote.  I actually went back and look at my first post; August 2013.  Not even three years and I have "met" a lot of very nice people, and so far I have physically met 5 Spys.  I'm looking forward to many more in my travels.  Thanks guys!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Don't remember which one exactly.....but I'm sure I was searching for equipment reviews, as I do all the time.......I can't read enough reviews on equipment

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

The product (especially clubs and balls) reviews on the blog is what first drew my attention. The forum was sort of a gradual thing where I would read it from time to time, but I hadn't participated in a forum before and I'm not a great golfer with limited knowledge about the equipment so for a good while my participation was limited to reading. I still haven't contributed much to this point, but I enjoy occasionally chiming in. Mostly, I'm just observing and learning 😄

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Was a member at a few other sites and got tired of all the grade school BS and tone of the sites.  Started reading MGS for the equipment reviews then moved onto the forums.  Now it is pretty much the only place that I am active on and where I spend my time talking about golf.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

For me it really was the tone of the members here, adult like conversation. Then I found two friends of mine were here and at one time we were mods at another site that is no longer around. The only other site I am around is a putter exclusive site where I am a moderator for a friend of mine. Really don't get involved in any of the testing opportunities here or the contests other than fantasy golf. Not really my thing.

I was trying to find information about the Mizuno MP-59's and how they stacked up against the competition. At that time, I truly thought that there was a monumental difference in club performance between models.

I found MGS through Google. I read the blog a few times, then pretty much every post in the archives because I was hooked, and then found this place.

You guys have made me stick around. It's cool because I've been a member of many forums in the past, but have never found one that I can stick to. MGS I can. This place is truly awesome. And I know that everyone talks about how accepting/open minded people are, but that is TRULY the case here. I just love it.

Awesome thread Rev!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 3 weeks later...

I was searching for some info on a few clubs and stumbled in here a few months ago. I recently joined after seeing how most of the people interact with each other, it's actually pretty damn good!

Driver: Callaway XR

Fairway: Callaway XR - 4 wood, 7 wood

Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha - Divine 9 wood

Irons: Ping G25 - 4 to U wedge

Wedges: Hopkins 54 & 58

Putter: A variety of Odyssey Putters

I joined the MGS newsletter year or so ago. Enjoyed reading it and skimming thru the forum. Finally decided to join and participate. Maybe learn something maybe help someone, but keep enjoying the updates and reports.

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived