jlukes

What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

IMG_1581.thumb.JPG.6ab177954da9b5ce16a7a056c78859d5.JPG

So our new Super was the number 2 guy at Jupiter Hills. He started at Bayou on the 2nd. I don’t know if you can see how tight that lie is but it’s Tour tight - scary at first tight - I’ve seen greens that are no where near this tight.

At first I thought, oh no I’m going to start hitting sh......nks

I didn’t at all - actually hit it great - the guys told me the course is incredible, firm and fast! Can’t wait to get out on it. It was designed by Tom Fazio to play that way.

This could be fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

1 hour ago, revkev said:

So our new Super was the number 2 guy at Jupiter Hills. He started at Bayou on the 2nd. I don’t know if you can see how tight that lie is but it’s Tour tight - scary at first tight - I’ve seen greens that are no where near this tight.

I didn’t at all - actually hit it great - the guys told me the course is incredible, firm and fast! Can’t wait to get out on it. It was designed by Tom Fazio to play that way.

This could be fun. 🙂

I had some of those last week in Palm Springs on a course where the overseed didn't "take" very well.  If you can hit that, you can hit anything.

• Like 4

This could be fun. :)

See if he can get you in touch with the pros at Jupiter Hills for a round. While the golf village course is nice, the Hills is awesome. It’s the highest elevation in PB County and they take full advantage.

• Like 2

Spent 20 minutes putting with the PuttOUT trainer.... 15 minutes more than I had planned! That thing is addicting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

Hit the range today to check my swing speed since I'm restarting SuperSpeed. I haven't trained in months and have lost all of my gains. I couldn't hit driver to save my life, I was topping everything and actually had a few not even make it past the 50 yard marker that is 30 yards away from where the mats are currently. I guess they move them forward in the winter. It was embarrassing.

My irons were sharp, been working on ball position and having a little forward press at address and it's all coming together nicely.

Hit the putting green until the rain moved in, working on focusing on rolling the ball over my aim point and was really happy to see the ball going over it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

We had great weather today so I got to the range with a few clubs. My wedges and irons were on target along with my new 22* 410 Hybrid. Even my swing sped is starting to increase - must be from all those push ups and sit-ups. 

• Like 5

I also went to the range today. I cut 1" off the driver yesterday and today it was a thing of beauty. Long and straight with range rocks. I also changed the position of my @GolfSub70 3 wood to upright and it was also a beautiful thing to watch, off the tee and off the deck. My Tour Edge CBX119 was great as well. I don't really want to talk about the irons, seems we're having a disagreement at the moment.

• Like 7

Hit 50 or so balls at the range with my 5 and 9 irons. Worked on taking the club away less inside. It felt like I was taking it away well outside, but I was definitely coming through the ball much better. Ball flight was better, with significantly less left to right. 

• Like 4

Went to the range last evening before meeting a friend for dinner.  I was surprised that we were over seeding - it turns out we didn't in early December like we normally do because of the changes in supers.  So it was mats or go to the back range.  I opted for the mat - Not my favorite but you know there is something to be said for the confidence you get when you are hitting off of them especially when you have a friend whom you haven't seen in 40 years meeting you - "Man you're good at this" was what he said when I was peppering the 100 yard pin with my gap wedge - little did he know....... 🙂

• Like 5

Productive practice session a few days ago. Started out with a bunch of lag putting uphill, downhill and sidehill (still problematic for me) for distance control, and then some chipping from various spots around the chipping green.

Then went to work on the range on all of the stuff my Golftec coach has been trying hard to get me to do ... and starting to see some real improvements! Always picked a target and was careful with setup and alignment; switched up clubs, switched up targets, took my time between shots; and worked a lot on wedges and short irons including using different clubs to the same target and also the same club to different targets. Starting to get more solid strikes vs misses, and starting to get more balls closer to the intended targets. Yea! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Productive practice session a few days ago. Started out with a bunch of lag putting uphill, downhill and sidehill (still problematic for me) for distance control, and then some chipping from various spots around the chipping green.

Then went to work on the range on all of the stuff my Golftec coach has been trying hard to get me to do ... and starting to see some real improvements! Always picked a target and was careful with setup and alignment; switched up clubs, switched up targets, took my time between shots; and worked a lot on wedges and short irons including using different clubs to the same target and also the same club to different targets. Starting to get more solid strikes vs misses, and starting to get more balls closer to the intended targets. Yea! 

Good for you!  Here's to an early Spring.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, revkev said:

Good for you!  Here's to an early Spring.

Thx! I'm so ready .. each Winter, as in another year older, the cold just seems colder.... 

• Like 3

Two years ago I paid for three lessons from a teacher in Dallas in order to get a significant discount. I had only used two of them, and now that I don’t cover Texas, I’ve not been back over there to take the final lesson. I’ve been in Dallas all week for a work meeting, so went to see the coach and do the final lesson. He’s awesome. So simple. If I had the means, he’d be my guy!!!

He’s on-staff with TPT golf shafts, so I got to see the new shafts, and their new color and stamping. I like it better than what they have now.

• Like 6

Had a two hour work out this morning and then a two hour range session. Swing feels good for February and should be in good form in about a month’s time. Really just working on turning the body right now and ramping up the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Had a two hour work out this morning and then a two hour range session. Swing feels good for February and should be in good form in about a month’s time. Really just working on turning the body right now and ramping up the speed.

4 hours . I would need a night in the Hospital to recover

• Like 2

4 hours . I would need a night in the Hospital to recover

Three months ago I would have as well.

• Like 3

Second day in a row I was able to get to the range to hit two large buckets. By the end I was able to figure out some issues and start flushing everything I was hitting! It’s a good feeling leaving the range with confidence. Rain is expected for the next five days, so I have no idea the next time I’ll get to even touch my clubs.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Second day in a row I was able to get to the range to hit two large buckets. By the end I was able to figure out some issues and start flushing everything I was hitting! It’s a good feeling leaving the range with confidence. Rain is expected for the next five days, so I have no idea the next time I’ll get to even touch my clubs.

The only thing I'd start flushing after 2 large buckets is my golf swing.  I get a medium bucket, and it will last me an hour.  I hate beating balls!

• Like 6

The only thing I'd start flushing after 2 large buckets is my golf swing.  I get a medium bucket, and it will last me an hour.  I hate beating balls!

There may be a difference in your ages, Kenny. Just reading PMookies’ original post hurt my back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Remember, what’s “large” at your range is probably different than mine....

• Like 2