Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Breaking News: Lexi Thompson Withdraws From Ricoh Women's British Open

tonyj5

Sad to see this happen but hopefully she can get her head on straight and get back after it. She's showed some perseverance after the incidents on the course with rules.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Sorry to hear about this. I feel bad for some of these young shooting stars.  With today's social media, the pressure is enormous.  Virtually every move they make (and some they don't) are under a microscope.  At the same time, I really admire their ability to handle all of the fame as well as they do. How would you hold up and carry yourself at their young age?  Answering that for myself brings a vision of a train wreck.  I'm rooting for her to get through this period and come back to the tour very soon.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Sorry to hear about this. I feel bad for some of these young shooting stars. With today's social media, the pressure is enormous. Virtually every move they make (and some they don't) are under a microscope. At the same time, I really admire their ability to handle all of the fame as well as they do. How would you hold up and carry yourself at their young age? Answering that for myself brings a vision of a train wreck. I'm rooting for her to get through this period and come back to the tour very soon.

I think the best way to handle it is to not care one bit about it. I know that I wouldn't care at all. I hope she gets through too.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I like her and most recently saw her at the Marathon Classic. Compared to last year's event (we followed her as well) she was much more stoic and not her usual smiling self. I think she's going through what we all do in golf from time to time - "I'm not having fun".

Hopefully a few sessions with her sports psychologist gets her back in action

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I don't even know what she's going through now? What happened to her? Best thing to do is get rid of all social media. Simple as that

She had the rules violation at ANA last year and another one this year at an event. Plus her putting struggles have cost her a few events the last couple years and there's been some added scrutiny/pressure everytime. Plus she's in her early 20s and I imagine she's going thru what most of us did at that age in trying to find ourselves, etc

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

She had the rules violation at ANA last year and another one this year at an event. Plus her putting struggles have cost her a few events the last couple years and there's been some added scrutiny/pressure everytime. Plus she's in her early 20s and I imagine she's going thru what most of us did at that age in trying to find ourselves, etc

I'm betting her mother's cancer battle is playing a part here too, unfortunately.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It'd be tough to be someone like her in the media glare all the time. Some self induced no doubt. I wonder if her mom is still struggling? If I were in a similar position and her age would I handle things differently? Who's to say.

I wish her well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm betting her mother's cancer battle is playing a part here too, unfortunately.

Yeah. I was thinking there was another personal issue but could t remember. That's a lot to deal with on its own

I have no grievance with the fine Asian players at all, of course,

but the LPGA  can't afford to be hemorrhaging good American players right now.

I agree - just don't understand why the American gals can't consistently make it to the top of the leaderboard. Lexi was my best hope. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I agree - just don't understand why the American gals can't consistently make it to the top of the leaderboard. Lexi was my best hope.

Competition is tough on the LPGA now. The influx of Koreans who are better fundamentally from tee to green puts them in better position each week. Iirc they had 7 in the top 15 heading into the Olympics. Due to the higher world ranking points on LPGA compared to the Korean tour brought many here leading up to the Olympics which negatively affected the chances of everyone else including the Americans.

I also think because of the amount of other sports and things available to Americans we don't get the best or those who are get distracted and the Koreans are focused on playing golf and winning tourneys. They see the recognition the best get back home and they want a piece of that...here the women don't get the same fame for winning and playing well from the media or companies.

I'm sure it's her mother battling cancer part that has her messed up. All the other stuff I say wah too. Everyone deals with it. I do hope her mother gets better soon. It's not a fun or easy road went through it twice with my mom.

No doubt Julie Inkster will be following progress and encouraging her quick return to the tour. That 8 under, 7 hole stretch was one of the guttiest performances in Solheim Cup play.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Archived