Golfspy_CG2

Goodbye to Mom

Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)

I'm so sorry. You have my condolences. 

My mom is 82 and has been on chemo for the last three years... and winning her battle with Pancreatic cancer. I'll say a prayer for you and your mother.... it's hard to lose your parents.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 6

Condolences Rob. Wonderful smiles in the photo!

• Like 5

What a smile...proud mama.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Sorry for your loss Rob.   She sounds like an amazing woman. 

• Like 5

I'm sorry for your loss, Rob. That's a great picture of the two of you, those smiles are radiant. It's tough losing mom, I lost mine in 2017. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Sorry for your loss Rob, my dad suffered with dementia as well, it was really hard being away from him so much in the military, especially once the dementia kicked in.  It sounds like you're mom was a great and graceful woman, please know that my prayers are with you and your family.

• Like 5

Rob my deepest sympathies. I'm sure it was even more difficult because of the dementia. My mother had it the last 3-4 years before she passed and we all so struggled with it. Remembering all the good times makes it a bit more tolerable.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

That is terrible Rob. My family and I offer our deepest condolences for you and your family.

• Like 5

Such a blessing she was. A true gift to her boys, and what an AMAZING example. You were blessed to have her as your Mom! Wow.
Such a great tribute. Just awesome. My heart aches for you as it’s obvious how much she meant to you, and who you’ve become.
May the Lord bless her soul, and help you and your family get through this at such a crazy time.
God bless you and yours.

• Like 7

Sorry for your loss Rob

• Like 3

Sorry for your loss Rob. It sounds like she was a terrific person.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Rob / Mr. CG2 -

My truly sincere sympathies......

Your description and memories of her are WONDERFUL!!!! Hang on to those! 

I can also empathize with you watching the struggle with dementia ..... I had to watch my father, who used to be fit and outgoing and a quick wit and a kind word for everyone ... waste away bit by bit by bit over a period of almost 13 years. Awful awful AWFUL AWFUL awful disease.......

• Like 5

Sorry for your loss CG2.

Rest in love, mama CG2

• Like 5

Very sorry to hear, you and your family are in our thoughts.

• Like 4

Sorry for your loss Rob.  It sounds like she had a good life and raised you and your brother well.  It's tough not being able to travel for the celebration of life, but that can be done when the situation has improved.  My wife's sister passed away a year ago this past December, but winter is not a good time for people to travel, so we had a big party on a lake north of Spokane, WA in late June... lots of people were there.

My mom passed away two years ago at 89; she would be 91 this coming Monday.  Her mind was sharp, but her body had all kinds of problems, and her passing was probably a blessing.  My dad is 89 and in an assisted living facility in Corvallis Oregon, and I can't even go visit him because of this virus.  

You are right about this community being friends, but I think we are really one big family.  

• Like 5

Very touching tribute to a life well lived Rob, Godspeed to your mom.

• Like 4

Rob - I'm so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

My condolences and sorry for you loss

The way you describe her, she sounded like such an amazing person. It's never easy loosing a loved one, regardless of age or sickness. 

thank you for sharing her story and trusting the MGS community by posting here. 

• Like 6