My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report-ProV 1

I switched from TP5X to Titleist Pro V1X mainly due to the ball test last year. Nothing has knocked it out of my bag. Knowing that the consistency of construction is there is worth it to me to have made the switch for that one reason.

I really look forward to Snell.... They seem to be the “premium” ball in the DTC group. Really curious about them...

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

at a minimum 4 bucks a ball losing one of these hurts.  I'll stick with the more affordable Srixons.  If there are 3 brands I "trust" for consistency that seem to 'own' the process from begi

Reading through the Instagram and blog comments makes you realize why so many golfers struggle to improve. Also, our expectations for consumer sporting goods are WAY too high. Thankfully, some of

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board. Share your thoughts below!  https://myg

Posted Images

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

+1 to this.

Add in @TR1PTIK analogy to electrical circuits and that's what I'm looking for.

I don't need or want to pay 48 dollars (plus tax) for 12 golf balls.

We all know that there are "tiers" of balls - 
'tour level' 40+
'average' 30-40
'decent' 0-30

It's a shame that the first 2 blog posts were both tour level balls. Sure hope that the next few are for the average/decent range.
I'm okay if the core of my 3 piece ball is off center by 2 percent and it causes my shot to go offline 5 yards...I mean my swing is bad enough to cause that already. 😆

When I start shooting super low scores and have balls that last 2-3 rounds then maybe I can see the ROI for the tour level balls, but if I'm losing them at a semi-regular rate then there is no positive ROI.... even if I happen to save 1.29876 strokes and shoot a 78 instead of 79.

For me I feel the biggest difference in spin around the green.  I can't tell you the amount of times I see my brother hit a shot that by all accounts looks and sounds like it should one-hop and stop or at least check up and release and it just bounds across the green.

I get what you mean though.  I hate paying $4 a ball.  I usually get my pro V1x's in April/May when they do the buy three get one free deal.  works out to $36 a dozen, and they typically lasts me 2 seasons (along with some found balls or an extra dozen in the second year). 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

I switched from TP5X to Titleist Pro V1X mainly due to the ball test last year. Nothing has knocked it out of my bag. Knowing that the consistency of construction is there is worth it to me to have made the switch for that one reason.
I really look forward to Snell.... They seem to be the “premium” ball in the DTC group. Really curious about them...

Been playing the X for the past year but just bought some Snell MTB-X. I'm now preferring the Snell. On the green, it's like they have disc brakes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Been playing the X for the past year but just bought some Snell MTB-X. I'm now preferring the Snell. On the green, it's like they have disc brakes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yes last week the snell kept up with the PROVs just as much check loved it.

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

The more I see of that driver... the more I want to just buy one... must resist until I can get fitted.

Believe me, the ball goes like a scalded dog.  I've tried MG Tour C4s, Srixon Q Star Tours, Z Stars, and the Quantix F18, they all go and go and go.  Oh and I mustn't forget the humble Srixon Range Boulder.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Who else would like to see the Maxfli Tour or Tour X tested in the first 10 grouping?  I just sent Tony a message requesting one of these be included.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Who else would like to see the Maxfli Tour or Tour X tested in the first 10 grouping?  I just sent Tony a message requesting one of these be included.

Yeah, the first 10(really the next 8 after chrome soft /pro v1) should be something like :

Bridgestone (bx/BXS) 

Srixon z-star

Snell MTB-X 

Vice Pro

Maxfli Tour 

Taylormade TP5

Current K-sig

Mizuno tour 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

I am curious if there will be anything that tops the ProV1, and super interested in how the V1x, -V1x and AVX do.  

Just bought a fresh box Of V1’s today.  Used some DSG points and saved a few bucks. 

It is just a good ball.  Hard to stray from it, and every time I do... I come back to it later.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I would be interested in the Maxfli Tour/TourX review sooner than later. Good ball for me, would not have believed it had a friend not given me a couple to try. Very interested in comparing Maxfli results to others I game (ProV1, Snell MTB-X, Chromesoft). I just appreciate these Ball Report testing results. Absolutely love the format/content. Think nearly everyone serious about golf ball tech can benefit from these reports. 

• Like 1