Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

7 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Good morning Spies,

Woke up to bright sunshine and 18 degrees in Central NY. We didn’t get any snow. Thinking about @EasyPutter and what he had to contend with. Yesterday afternoon my phone alarmed with Public Safety Alert on a travel ban on I-90 from Rochester west to Pennsylvania. 
Wishing @sirchunksalot and his good lady a most happy anniversary! 🎉

While my lovely wife is enjoying snowshoeing in Wyoming. I made a family favorite, lasagna and both of my brothers in law over dinner and to watch some football yesterday.

IMG_2675.jpeg.bded4e6c779c4e364feda30313693525.jpeg

I was shocked by how Dallas played. “How about dem Cowboys!” Our niece married into a Packers family. There was much rejoicing there. They went Lambeau Field for a game this year.

Wishing all a wonderful day!

That lasagna looks delicious! 

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

1.  The sheer greed of the NFL and there essentially pay per view playoff game.

I think the greed lies with NBC. They're the ones collecting the money. A bunch of which they paid to the NFL to get the rights to show Chiefs-Fins. And somehow the ratings for that game were better than the Saturday night playoff game last year over free TV, so I guess it worked.

Good morning, Spies! It's a holiday but I still have a doctor's appointment to get my every-six-months bloodwork. So no breakfast for me. It's sunny and relatively warm so I hope to go hit some balls before I settle in to watch the Snow Bowl in Buffalo. As both a Packers fan and a longtime, confirmed Cowboys hater (my favorite NFL teams: Green Bay and Whoever Plays Dallas), that result warmed me from head to toe.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Normally I would have just had it inside the tent if I knew it was going to snow but it just came out of no where and I had the convertible top open (that’s what I’m calling the door on the tent)

That's pretty clever!  Plus the (not-so) added bonus of @GolfSpy BOS appearing out of thin air when the word convertible is mentioned

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Good morning all...

Pretty much 1/2 way through January, the weather, pretty much all over North America has been top of mind for us golfers, although isn't the weather always top of mind for us?

A common conversation sitting on a bench outside our local golf courses..." are you going out?" "Hmm, don't think so it looks pretty wet out there." "Well, usually the weather comes from the (insert direction), and it looks a bit brighter over there." "Okay, well I am here, lets play 9 and see how it goes." 

I don't know how many times I have heard that conversation... although since I have retired it hasn't been as prevalent. 

Interesting winner on the PGA tour this weekend, a troubled soul that seems to have found some peace in his journey. Loved his putting stroke, and obviously his game was bang on this week in Hawaii. 

I ams still keeping a close eye on the modern golf swing. Trying to wrap my head around the "casting" conversation I had last week with a few of the folks on this site. 

I don't know if it was the camera angle or I am just more aware of "the move" but it did look like a more outside, hammering, motion from the players in the hunt in Hawaii, not so much in Dubai but Hawaii for sure. 

And a few interesting comments about 3D, Something I have never seen or heard of from any of my peers. 

Always good stuff on this site, have a great day and week everyone... 

committed to performance excellence

12 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Good morning spies!

It’s been a hectic week/weekend. We celebrated my daughter’s first birthday Friday and had a family party saturday. Winding down and saying goodbye to my brother and sister-in-law’s and then back to the house to clean up and reset before the week. 

I got the Red Rooster Forum gloves and can’t wait to try them out this season!

I hope everyone has a great day/week!

Happy 1st birthday to her!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

29 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Good morning spies! All these tales of frozen woe make me very very happy I do not live where it is cold anymore. My son in Bend Oregon is looking at 3 degrees this morning which is just 4 degrees warmer than where I worked in Prudhoe Bay Alaska above the arctic circle.

Anyway not for me today. It will be about 60 when I tee off this afternoon. 

Stay safe. 

My wife and I play golf a lot in and around Mesa AND Bend.  Family and friends in the Phoenix area and it's only 250 miles to the Bend/Redmond area so it's an easy trip.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good Morning everyone...Hey look at that, I actually made the post in the morning...things are progressing. 

We have a snow day today at the course, I know, I know those of you in Buffalo and WI and other areas are laughing at calling this snow 🙂     But it's  enough to close the course and have a quiet day in the clubhouse.  More importantly a chance to get out early enough to see the Bill-Steelers game !

image.png

Rob?  In the morning!?  That should be the name of a sports talk show...I digress.  I know snow and golf are antithetical, but I am alone in thinking that snow on the golf course looks awesome? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning all and TGIM! (I had an old boss that used to say that at our 9AM weekly meetings)

As luck would have it this is actually my 5000th post here on MGS.

I'm so grateful to have found this community and now to be part of the forum staff too.  There really isn't a better forum on the internet and this thread alone is proof of that!

Looking forward to the next milestone and the continued growth of this community in our little corner of the internet here!

Cheers all!

Congratulations on the milestone!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Morning from snowy Wyoming. Just had to shovel out the dog doors so they can freeze their rears off to go potty. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft; I TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Newton 5 Dot 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48, 52; TaylorMade MG4 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: SeeMore Black MiniGiant

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X or Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558