The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Good morning all and looking forward to this week being very much a member vs staff. We do have another test coming up this week and potentially one next week, however that is likely marking the end of the season for a little while as we work more towards 2024. 

Going to play a fun match vs a friend who in one year went from a 42 handicap to a 7.6. Given my 6.9 handicap I will give him a stroke and we will see where we end up!

Hope everyone has a good week and looking forward to an important community call  with Matt Blois and just a fun week which includes my wifes birthday!

42-7.6, yikes that is one big jump, I am intrigued how that can happen, must be a great athlete, enjoy the match

committed to performance excellence

39 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Another takeaway is that putting is always the difference and the greens were so pure that if these great putters hit the ball on line it would stay there, and if they weren't putting great it sure showed up. 

We disagree on putting being the difference.  Looking at the stats tee to green was the separator in these matches.  Take a look at the stats below and you will see that the person that putted best  especially in the singles did not generally win. Sure making a long putt looks great and will generally win a hole, players are separated based on how they get to the green.   

https://datagolf.com/ryder-cup/strokes-gained

top 4 putters: Rose, Burns, Speith, Fitzpatrick.  Record: 3-7-3

top 4 t2g: Hovland, Rahm, McIlroy, Fleetwood. Record 12-3-3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

41 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well Jason unless you are single, self employed and play quite literally every day and work with an instructor for a year then get a job at a golf shop to have access to GCQuad and everything else it may be quite a task!

He has worked extremely hard and caught the bug hard.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw3kYqAt7C_/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

This is a link to his IG and his swing changes.

He is solid now, altho we have yet to have a real great match. 

Today we were fog locked for the first 9 and just played with no points or anything. It was another round of only seeing about 10 yards. The 9th hole was the first time we saw a flag on an approach shot.

I won't the back 9 4 & 3. Missed a putt to won the first hole too. He was pretty wild off the tee and I kept everything in the middle and simple. This is where he can make the most improvement is taking away down distance for control. When he connects he is 30 yards or more ahead of me. However it's 1 in 3 or 4 when that happens. 

haha I definitely don't have that kind of time on my hands. That is an incredible feat to accomplish!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review