How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

40 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Way to bring Pasco Golfland to its knees 👍🤣

The CP Ladies League is headed there on Wednesday (their normal day of play) because of a Senior tournament taking up our course.

The Ladies are also playing Meadow Springs, our private country club, tomorrow.  Lucky dogs!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Well, a second round in on this 3-day weekend for me, at what I consider my home course, even though I drive by 2 others to get there.

Played at Stony Creek Metropark and finally had 2 great things happen today.

Still played multiple driver / shaft combinations, and it was the day to finally decide, so I used the one I missed most fairways with more often to see if I could get it dialed in. 🙄 At least it was consistent, and I only hit 4 of 12 fairways, and those were with the driver that was winning the battle to stay in the bag. I didn't count the 2 fairways that required a club other than a driver, as I did hit them with a 3 wood and a 4 iron. (Short, severe dogleg par 4's).

The front 9 played extremely slow, had a couple groups of beginners that took way too many shots, and way too much time.

Had a 43 on the front, 7 bogeys, 2 pars, and 18 putts. 😒

The slow groups only played 9, so the back opened up quite a bit, and it was enjoyable to play without having to wait 5 minutes between shots! 👍

Came to hole 11, a par 3 which played 146 from the whites with the flag in the center of the green. Slight breeze into me, so I hit a smooth 7 iron which hit the green about 4 feet from the hole and disappeared into the cup. SWMBO saw it hit the green but didn't see it roll in. When we got to the green, I told her to look in the cup. Pictures below.

Shot a 36 on the back 9, with the HIO, and 2 bogeys, the rest were boring golf pars.

So, I got off the 79 scoring pace I seemed to be stuck on, with this 77, and also am no longer a member of the "Aceless Society." Took 54 years to get my first one, so hoping I don't have to wait another54 years.

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congratulations!!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Alright RKJ427, great round and even greater Ace. Happy 4th

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@rkj427 congratulations on the ace. We will miss you. On another note I'm sure several will come out of the closet to replace you in the Aceless Thread.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

am no longer a member of the "Aceless Society." Took 54 years to get my first one, so hoping I don't have to wait another54 years.

congrats on getting your first HIO. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Well, a second round in on this 3-day weekend for me, at what I consider my home course, even though I drive by 2 others to get there.

Still played multiple driver / shaft combinations, and it was the day to finally decide, so I used the one I missed most fairways with more often to see if I could get it dialed in. 🙄 At least it was consistent, and I only hit 4 of 12 fairways, and those were with the driver that was winning the battle to stay in the bag. I didn't count the 2 fairways that required a club other than a driver, as I did hit them with a 3 wood and a 4 iron. (Short, severe dogleg par 4's).

The front 9 played extremely slow, had a couple groups of beginners that took way too many shots, and way too much time.

The slow groups only played 9, so the back opened up quite a bit, and it was enjoyable to play without having to wait 5 minutes between shots! 👍

Came to hole 11, a par 3 which played 146 from the whites with the flag in the center of the green. Slight breeze into me, so I hit a smooth 7 iron which hit the green about 4 feet from the hole and disappeared into the cup. SWMBO saw it hit the green but didn't see it roll in. When we got to the green, I told her to look in the cup. Pictures below.

Shot a 36 on the back 9, with the HIO, and 2 bogeys, the rest were boring golf pars.

So, I got off the 79 scoring pace I seemed to be stuck on, with this 77, and also am no longer a member of the "Aceless Society." Took 54 years to get my first one, so hoping I don't have to wait another54 years.

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congrats on the achievement of a HOI

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congratulations on the ace and the great round, Robert! That's awesome! Hopefully you don't have to wait so long for the next one.

I'm glad you had a great time out there with SWMBO, I always enjoy the rounds I can talk my wife into tagging along. 

Played in a fund raiser scramble today and as usual after about the 13th hole I'm wondering why I sign up for these 5 hour rounds.  Tee to green was OK but I'm still putting like Roberto Duran.   I have a lot of work to do to get back on track with the flat stick.  We scored fairly well at -16 but that finished a distant 4th.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, rkj427 said:

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congratulations on the ace!!  Another one bites the dust.  @fixyurdivot needs some encouragement!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Slight breeze into me, so I hit a smooth 7 iron which hit the green about 4 feet from the hole and disappeared into the cup. SWMBO saw it hit the green but didn't see it roll in. When we got to the green, I told her to look in the cup. Pictures below.

Chisag: rkj427! Did you make a hole in one?!

MGS: You don't have to answer that question!

rkj427: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

Chisag: I think I'm entitled to them. 

rkj427: You want answers?!

Chisag: I want the truth!

rkj427: You can't handle the truth!

Chisag: OK, good point.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

It's a bomber! All of my good shots from both rounds were BOMBED drives. Followed by some topped drives of course, haha!

It's good but it's not Max LS good 🙃

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

11 hours ago, rkj427 said:

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the ace and the great round, Robert! That's awesome! Hopefully you don't have to wait so long for the next one.

I'm glad you had a great time out there with SWMBO, I always enjoy the rounds I can talk my wife into tagging along. 

Thank you ALL very much, but especially Jason! 

Must be the irons?

Same set as yours, so hopefully there is at least one in your set too!

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

12 hours ago, rkj427 said:

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Congrats on your HIO @rkj427

Even though I live in SE Michigan, unfortunately I have not played any of the metro parks. But that looks like a really nice course, hopefully I can make my way up there soon.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Thank you ALL very much, but especially Jason! 

Must be the irons?

Same set as yours, so hopefully there is at least one in your set too!

That'd be crazy, wouldn't it? I'm planning on giving it a go a couple of times this week since we're on shutdown. The weekend and early part of the week have been busy, but I'm hoping it'll settle down after today. Maybe the irons will be happy after giving them a good cleaning yesterday and hit a couple of pin seekers. 

I was by myself today so I decided to walk 9 holes.  Hooked up with a couple of guys, one I had played with a couple of times before.  They were playing the Blue tees (big hitters), so rather than play from the White tees like I have all year, I played with them.  Generally, I hit the ball off the tee to about the same places that I used to when I played the Blue tees, so I guess I didn't lose any more yardage this year.

I parred the first 4 holes.  Highlight was on the par 4 #3 hole; used to be the #1 handicap hole, and not sure why they changed it... tough!  The pin was on the left front of the green; water front; left of a pot bunker with not much green to work with.  Shots to the middle of the green over the pot bunker end up on a lower level or off the back.  I hit an OK drive on the right side of the fairway (wrong side to attack that pin), but it ran into the rough on one of the grassy mounds; ball above my feet on a downhill lie from 170y that is all carry over water... Nope!  So punched my PW to the left side of the fairway short of the rough that is short of the water.  Hit the PW again to an inch of the cup for a tap-in par.

The first four holes are short-ish, but then the par 5 #5 hole is 551y and generally plays into the prevailing wind.  From the Blue tees for me it's driver, 3W, 3W if I want to have a chance to get to the green.  The White tees aren't much better though.  Made bogey.  After a par on the par 5 #6 hole, I bogeyed the remaining 3 holes, which was about normal last year for me from the Blue tees.  A round of +4 (41) is a good round for me from the Blues.  

I've been lower this year from the White tees but only a couple of times; my scores from the Blues and the Whites aren't all that different.  However, the difference comes from the clubs I hit.  Today was all Driver, FW and wedges.  From the White tees I get to hit a lot of mid-irons, which equals much more fun. Yep!  Confirms my decision to move up to the Whites!!

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I've been lower this year from the White tees but only a couple of times; my scores from the Blues and the Whites aren't all that different.  However, the difference comes from the clubs I hit.  Today was all Driver, FW and wedges.  From the White tees I get to hit a lot of mid-irons, which equals much more fun. Yep!  Confirms my decision to move up to the Whites!!

... Good stuff Kenny! So many fun options for all players. My ideal length is around 6600yds depending on the par 4's but I am comfortable down to about 6200. That means for my 2 favorite courses the most fun is a combo round with 9 holes from the whites and 9 holes from the silvers. But depending on how I am playing and who I am playing with, I enjoy all white or all silver too. I have even moved up to the gold tees with some super seniors and felt like Rory LOL. While I prefer to hit a 4 or 5 iron and even my DHy to the most difficult par 4's on the course, I certainly would not want to hit long irons or hybrids and worse fairway woods on all the par 4's. And by the same token I would not want to hit mid and short irons into every par 4 either. 

... I think more players should look at a combo round and it doesn't have to be 9 and 9. If two of the par 4's are egregiously long for your ability, move up those two holes. If there is a shorter par 5 you might be able to reach into from the next tee up, play from there too. The scorecard is just a suggestion if you aren't seriously keeping a handicap, and even if you are there is nothing wrong with a fun round that you don't count for index purposes. 

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Good stuff Kenny! So many fun options for all players. My ideal length is around 6600yds depending on the par 4's but I am comfortable down to about 6200. That means for my 2 favorite courses the most fun is a combo round with 9 holes from the whites and 9 holes from the silvers. But depending on how I am playing and who I am playing with, I enjoy all white or all silver too. I have even moved up to the gold tees with some super seniors and felt like Rory LOL. While I prefer to hit a 4 or 5 iron and even my DHy to the most difficult par 4's on the course, I certainly would not want to hit long irons or hybrids and worse fairway woods on all the par 4's. And by the same token I would not want to hit mid and short irons into every par 4 either. 

... I think more players should look at a combo round and it doesn't have to be 9 and 9. If two of the par 4's are egregiously long for your ability, move up those two holes. If there is a shorter par 5 you might be able to reach into from the next tee up, play from there too. The scorecard is just a suggestion if you aren't seriously keeping a handicap, and even if you are there is nothing wrong with a fun round that you don't count for index purposes. 

You definitely hit in something.  Our 18 hole player ages go from mid 60’s to 80.  On some courses we play from where the players are comfortable, if it means mixing up the Tee Boxes so be it. We are not out there to break any records, just fun and recreation.  The Wednesday group yardages go from 5,600 to slightly over 5,800. This is more than enough challenge for my 75 year ole butt.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

You definitely hit in something.  Our 18 hole player ages go from mid 60’s to 80.  On some courses we play from where the players are comfortable, if it means mixing up the Tee Boxes so be it. We are not out there to break any records, just fun and recreation.  The Wednesday group yardages go from 5,600 to slightly over 5,800. This is more than enough challenge for my 75 year ole butt.  

Tell me about it!!  I wish our course had combo tees on the scorecard; there is just too much yardage between the Blacks to Blues and Blues to Whites... 600 yards between each.  

The only reason I haven't played a combo Blue (6000)-White(5400) is when I play with someone who is playing from the Blues, I forget and tee off there instead of moving up.  Just a habit and being old!

57 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Tell me about it!!  I wish our course had combo tees on the scorecard; there is just too much yardage between the Blacks to Blues and Blues to Whites... 600 yards between each.  

The only reason I haven't played a combo Blue (6000)-White(5400) is when I play with someone who is playing from the Blues, I forget and tee off there instead of moving up.  Just a habit and being old!

Occasionally we may get a walk on who wants to play “Big Boy” Tees, we just let them and play our own game.  We’re old and it’s “all about us”😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 7/3/2022 at 3:42 PM, DiscipleofPenick said:

Today got out with @RollingGreensat his club. It's probably the toughest course in the area and we didn't even play the tips, had a 140 slope from the second set back at 6700 yards. It was a great day but an ass kicking. I had one of my worst rounds with 3 penalties on the front. Back turned it around with a birdie and a bomb to save par after another penalty on 18. 47/40 and Is like to play it again

Can’t wait for the next time! 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I wish our course had combo tees on the scorecard; there is just too much yardage between the Blacks to Blues and Blues to Whites... 600 yards between each. 

I forget and tee off there instead of moving up. 

... Yea, I wish more courses did it for you. My regular winter and summer courses don't have combo's on the scorecard either so I started by circling the holes and making my own. But by now I know them without looking of course. One of my playing pards turned 80 this spring and gets it out there pretty well for his age but I finally talked him into playing a combo from the senior tees and the most forward tees. Thankfully he is secure in his masculinity and after playing the longer par 4's from the red tees (still unfortunately called Ladies tees by too many) he enjoyed it much more than all Senior tees. But he likes to talk and like you sometimes forgets to move up a tee until I remind him. 🤪