How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played this morning Cart Path only but humidity wasn’t bad. Fareways were a little sloppy so no roll at all.

Anyway +2 going into 8 which is an easy Par 5, well sometimes easy……managed to double it with a “Hosel Rocket” 😱  Ended up with a +5, 41 as I managed to drown Tee shot on 9th on the Island Green but ecked out a bogie.  
still a fun morning!!

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Played this morning Cart Path only but humidity wasn’t bad. Fareways were a little sloppy so no roll at all.

Anyway +2 going into 8 which is an easy Par 5, well sometimes easy……managed to double it with a “Hosel Rocket” 😱  Ended up with a +5, 41 as I managed to drown Tee shot on 9th on the Island Green but ecked out a bogie.  
still a fun morning!!

Gonna be that way for a couple months as we arrive at the wet part of the year……

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Got out this morning with @DiscipleofPenick to play a new-to-me course. Weather was perfect - a little chilly to start and mid-70's by the time we finished. Didn't play too bad, but not too well, either. Driver was about most well-behaved aspect, but couldn't capitalize as approach game was worse than normal. Ended up 47/44 for a +19. I must have rubbed off on Tom too much. He started very well, but limped in on the back 9 - I'll let him tell you about it, though.

Time for lunch, a nap, then go sub in a league for 9 more this afternoon.

@MaxEntropy is right I shot 39/44. I hit a few wild ones on the front but recovered each time. Everything after the 11th was an issue as maybe fatigue from my allergies/sinus/cold set in. I was coughing a ton, he asked if I was gonna die. I couldn't keep focus and seemed to screw up a shot on every hole. Worst was the OB drive on 16 and a bunch of 3 putts. Hit 3 good shots to finish though. 37 putts (30 avg) and several bad tee shots were the culprit. Still was a beautiful day for golf and a good time with another spy.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played my additional 9 tonight, subbing in another league. I thought I'd played the course 20-ish years ago, but apparently I hadn't. 

Tee ball continued to be pretty good and irons were much improved over this morning, but chipping and putting SUUUUCKED. The greens had quite a bit of contour to them, but I was struggling with the reads and missed quite a few shortish putts. Started with a triple, thanks to OB and a chunked punch shot on the next 🤦‍♂️. Ended up with a +7 42.

Reminds me of a time I had to sub for my dad.  His partner was a “nice guy” and was hauling in the cart with my dad the week prior, smoked a pine tree branch and my dad got a pine needle stuck in his eye…

Anyways, the guy never shut up… I shot like a 70 on 9 holes because he wouldn’t leave me alone.. I was about 16-17… now, I can show him a thing or two… because I’ve watched a Rickie Fowler commercial or two. 😏 cue the Farmers tune here.

Also, this really has no relation to your post, but the giant SUUUUCKED brought back that memory.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I was thinking about my poor putting in my afternoon 9 last night - I think the biggest issue became that since I was so unsure of breaks, I became very timid. The one time I thought I had a pretty good read, I blasted it 10 feet past the hole. It was really a strange experience. I don't always execute well, but it is rare I have no clue what is going to happen. Last night I had no clue too often. I don't like that feeling.

• Like 6

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

9 hole team match play last night and my game was terrible. We won - but I didn't contribute with a 48. Left a couple of puts on the lip (both for potential winning pars) and my 'go to club' a 4H was broken (certainly not operator error 🤔). On a couple of holes my 7i was going further than my 4H - WTH. On the other hand the driver was working.

Wish all of my clubs would work together - well as Bubba Watson says "It's golf" 

The golf gods giveth, and the golf gods taketh....

• Like 4

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

‘Twas a meh day… but I did hit a nice 4 iron 183 to about 8 feet from pin, and I actually made the putt..

• Like 9

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Alternate shot match play today in the typical Scottish drizzle. 

both played incredible and would have been about 3/4 under scratch. Don’t think I’ve played as well ever especially in the format. Changed ball to Srixon Z Star XV and think I’ve found a winner. What a ball. 

• Like 8

"C'mon be good"