Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

BREAKING NEWS! TW arrested for DWI

Peterpc2828

I will never understand why these millionaires don't just hire a driver or something I mean plenty of people would jump at the chance to drive him around

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Fiance and i were talking about that last night.   She asked the same thing, he could afford to pay two guys like $100,000 a year and say your only job is to be ready to drive me or pick me up when I call.   While it sounds simple and would be pocket change to him, I think there is something about giving up the freedom of knowing you have your car at your beck and call and can go as you please.    

I know I'm knda like that when going on a road trip or joint business meetings, people will offer to car pool or ride with me an cover the gas, but I just like the feeling of being independent and not having to worry about someone else.    I can only think it's something along those lines.

I mean it's not just him, but any number of professional athlete's, like Michael Phelps, how many times  has he been busted for DWI.  Or how many football players per year.  Just doesn't make sense. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Fiance and i were talking about that last night.   She asked the same thing, he could afford to pay two guys like $100,000 a year and say your only job is to be ready to drive me or pick me up when I call.   While it sounds simple and would be pocket change to him, I think there is something about giving up the freedom of knowing you have your car at your beck and call and can go as you please.    

I know I'm knda like that when going on a road trip or joint business meetings, people will offer to car pool or ride with me an cover the gas, but I just like the feeling of being independent and not having to worry about someone else.    I can only think it's something along those lines.

I mean it's not just him, but any number of professional athlete's, like Michael Phelps, how many times  has he been busted for DWI.  Or how many football players per year.  Just doesn't make sense. 

While we may have the tendency to envy the lifestyles of celebrity, I would imagine it comes with pressures that us Average Joe and Janes just don't understand or can relate.   Imagine having no private life and your every action and move being analyzed and reported.  Perhaps, driving their vehicles gives them some sense of normalcy. Unfortunately, there are a number of physicians willing to provide them a source of escape through chemistry.

Maybe an UBER type service based out of celebrity hot spots like LA etc

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

On the driver thing:

Another thought - celebs can also .. easily .. afford a Tesla or a Faraday; hi tech EVs with autonomous driving mode.

They could have their privacy, their Independence, their status symbol .. and can be "driven" home.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I agree, it must be difficult to live a lifestyle where you are known by virtually everyone.  It isn't something I would choose for myself.  I am such a loner, outside of my family, I come into contact with as few people as possible on a day to day basis and love the fact that I can.  Because of this character trait, I may not be the best source for information about the trappings of fame.  :D

I can easily see any celebrity not wanting to hire a car service out of ego.  And that's not an attempt to take a shot at Tiger or anyone else but a certain level of ego is a must for anyone of that ability.  They have so little control over their day to day lives, giving up the simple control of driving a car suddenly becomes so much more than just hiring a driver.  It's becomes yet another mundane task taken out of your control.  Going to the grocery store, out to dinner, to a ballgame, etc.  The slightest movement becomes front page news.  That would suck!

For whatever reason, I completely understand celebrities wanting to have some semblance of control, I will just never forgive any celebrity anyone who drives under the influence.  It's far too dangerous and so simple to avoid.

This is why golfer's are such a goofy bunch.In the NFL this happens all the time.No one even questions it.Why is golf different? I personally don't even consider it an elite gentlemans sport anymore.This backlash is exactly why I quit our country club.Sick of the two face bias crap that golfer's dwell on.The man made a mistake.

Keep it in the short stuff

I will try one more time - we don't know that he made a conscious mistake. Perhaps his doctor made the mistake by prescribing too large a dose, maybe it was a bad batch of meds, we don't know. Tiger may not know. The legal system will work some of that out. The rest will be an enigma. Even if he goes to rehab for pain med it may be on account of a deal that his attorney worked out.

All of this is truly none of our business. I didn't watch the video nor will I.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I will try one more time - we don't know that he made a conscious mistake. Perhaps his doctor made the mistake by prescribing too large a dose, maybe it was a bad batch of meds, we don't know. Tiger may not know. The legal system will work some of that out. The rest will be an enigma. Even if he goes to rehab for pain med it may be on account of a deal that his attorney worked out.

All of this is truly none of our business. I didn't watch the video nor will I.

Agree with all of that. I won't watch the video either. The amount of assumptions and premature speculation that people dive into and then (irresponsibly) share is unbelievable. First, people were assailing his judgment, assuming he was drunk. Now, they are postulating that he has a drug addiction. I get that it is in our human nature, but give it a rest already.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

--WITB--

Ping i15 Driver 9.5° Stiff

Ping i25 Fairway 15° Stiff

Kasco k2k 44 Utility 19° Stiff

Kasco k2k 55 Utility 22° Stiff

Miura CB-501 Irons 5-9 KBS Tour Stiff

Scratch 8620 d/d grind PW 47°

Scratch 8620 d/d grind GW 53°

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 SW 58° 2 dot

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 LW 60° 1 dot

Never Compromise Putter Sub 30 Type-50

Snell MTB

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I started playing golf because of Tiger Woods I started watching golf because of Tiger Woods this whole thing is just a mistake he will recover I can't wait till he plays again

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Tiger has been under the knife numerous times for leg, knee and back surgeries. Pain killers are prescribed for everyone that has a surgery. It is very easy for a person to accidentally become addicted after that many surgeries. I am not condoning what he did but enough is enough he is still a human being. The media are falling all over themselves trying to drive ratings off Tiger. Show me one journalist with empathy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• 2 months later...

Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC found in Tiger Woods' system at time of DUI arrest.

Anything accidental seems naive given the results of the toxicology report.

Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC found in Tiger Woods' system at time of DUI arrest.

Anything accidental seems naive given the results of the toxicology report.

No surprise he fell asleep.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

No surprise he fell asleep.

I'm surprised he had a pulse given the cocktail in his system. Dilaudid is one of the most powerful opioids on the planet.

That combination plus being behind the wheel of a car is a real cry for help. Hope he gets all he needs.

I'm surprised he had a pulse given the cocktail in his system. Dilaudid is one of the most powerful opioids on the planet.

That combination plus being behind the wheel of a car is a real cry for help. Hope he gets all he needs.

I agree, hope he can get the help he needs, to be able to open the next chapter in his life.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Looks like he could play LB tomorrow. May not be in golf shape but he looks bigger than he has in a long time.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I guess he couldn't find a pair of pants to wear to dinner with JT, his mother and girlfriend, Rickie and his girlfriend, and other friends of JT.  Tacky!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived