Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Share your Shot/Hole Of The Day!

Sluggo42

5 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Another nice shot! You’ve had some close ones the last few weeks, those irons seem dialed in. 

They have been pretty good. Working on some swing changes so I am expecting some rough scores soon but I didn't think about any of that today and just played. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

They have been pretty good. Working on some swing changes so I am expecting some rough scores soon but I didn't think about any of that today and just played. 

Sometimes I think that's the best approach. It's so easy to get caught up in thoughts about what we're doing in our swing and forget this game is supposed to be fun. 

That was an awesome shot, I would have loved to hear it went in. 

13 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sometimes I think that's the best approach. It's so easy to get caught up in thoughts about what we're doing in our swing and forget this game is supposed to be fun. 

Agree with that, a clear mind always seems to produce a better swing for me. I just wish that I could consistently clear my head. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

35 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Agree!  It was nice to just get out and play. 

28 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Agree with that, a clear mind always seems to produce a better swing for me. I just wish that I could consistently clear my head. 

Ha, I'm right there with you. It's easy to get frustrated after a bad shot and mess up the next one. 

On 11/5/2017 at 12:01 AM, dscoduc said:

Almost had my first hole-in-one... IMG_20171104_162944.jpg

Mine wasn't quite that close but not far from it. A couple of weeks ago I finished work early in Raleigh, NC, and headed over to the NC State campus course, which from the tips is a beast at 7358 yards but is quite playable from the shorter tees. I didn't have time to play 18 before sundown, so they told me to start on 10 and play the back nine. Scuffled around the back nine, battling the late afternoon sun in my eyes much of the way, until I got to 17, a slightly downhill par 3 on the card at 110 yards from the tee I was using. That's pretty much in my wheelhouse for an 8-iron, so I had a good feeling. Dropped my ball on the AstroTurf mat they put on the par-3 tees to keep them from getting chopped up this winter, and took a whack. At first I didn't see the ball directly into the setting sun, but then I picked it up, headed for the center of the green with a slight fade. Since the pin was on the right side of the green, I didn't mind the fade, and I minded it even less when my shot hit and took a right turn toward the hole. It rolled within a couple of inches of the cup and stopped at what I guesstimate was about 2'6", as seen below. Amazingly, I made the putt.

almostHIO.jpg

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Mine wasn't quite that close but not far from it. A couple of weeks ago I finished work early in Raleigh, NC, and headed over to the NC State campus course, which from the tips is a beast at 7358 yards but is quite playable from the shorter tees. I didn't have time to play 18 before sundown, so they told me to start on 10 and play the back nine. Scuffled around the back nine, battling the late afternoon sun in my eyes much of the way, until I got to 17, a slightly downhill par 3 on the card at 110 yards from the tee I was using. That's pretty much in my wheelhouse for an 8-iron, so I had a good feeling. Dropped my ball on the AstroTurf mat they put on the par-3 tees to keep them from getting chopped up this winter, and took a whack. At first I didn't see the ball directly into the setting sun, but then I picked it up, headed for the center of the green with a slight fade. Since the pin was on the right side of the green, I didn't mind the fade, and I minded it even less when my shot hit and took a right turn toward the hole. It rolled within a couple of inches of the cup and stopped at what I guesstimate was about 2'6", as seen below. Amazingly, I made the putt.

almostHIO.jpg

Nice Shot!

• 3 weeks later...

holed a 90 yd wedge on #11 at Marsh Landing at Ponte Vedra Beach this weekend in a US Am Tour tournament for an eagle. Ball flew directly in hole and disappeared. Wild visual-  ball just all the sudden gone.  Took a second or two for it to register in my brain. the couple times this has happened before it was on the roll. Not direct flight into the hole. 

jarred it.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

First ever drive of my life that carried over 300 yards. Decided to challenge the bunker and carried it easily - ball actually hit a wet spot and plugged, so the distance was all carry. 
IMG_1418.jpeg.b8c2f9a376d8c17d6305d67ffb1a5efb.jpeg

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

A meh day overall, but for the second day in a row, I torched my 3 wood onto the green for eagle putts. Missed em both but I had the opportunity…

then on 18 i hit a great drive with my brilliant new driver. My $59 eBay special big Bertha alpha double black diamond

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

After hitting a tree (fairway) off the tee and a punching out to 135yds, hit PW to an easy par.  The hard way of course but the score card knows no different. 

20240130_081814.jpg.c222e5a48bf3864b0461df43809dfa37.jpg

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

After hitting a tree (fairway) off the tee and a punching out to 135yds, hit PW to an easy par.  The hard way of course but the score card knows no different. 

Those are some of my favorite pars. Had to dig in and earn it. Nice work!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Second shot from 115 yds downhill.  Hit just before the flag, took one hop and spun back to just over a foot.  I thought it was going in for a minute.  

20240131_080952.jpg.f06d876b9ca43112e0e5e1f97a798070.jpg

Hole 17 for me I hit it right of the fairway, then hit my second to 8 feet short and the pin was maybe 5 feet on. Took my 9 and chipped it onto the green and watched it roll to the left part of the cup. Must have had enough over the edge cause it fell in for a birdie. I was pretty excited, second time I’ve chipped in. This one just happened to help me shoot a lower score. The previous one was for triple bogey, not as exciting

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

This was the best shot I have had for a while off the tee. 157 yard par 3 into a strong wind coming into my face and angled from the left. I purposely aimed a little left of the pin and clubbed up to my 7 iron. The greens have been super soft since the snow melted away last week so you can fire right at the pin. Amazing I didn't choke this time and I made the birdie putt for once. Lol

20240202_162630.jpg.1cfb9a301682644b39acadd677b03cc8.jpg

Edited by Bad Golfer

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

What a difference a day makes - guess that's what keeps us coming back to this game: 

Friday, Feb 2nd men's group: I couldn't do anything right - driver, irons, etc nothing worked - ended up with a 93. sheeesh!

Saturday, Feb 3rd: Couples 18. I crashed and burned on a couple of holes but overall not too bad with 3 birdies and 4 pars for an 83. I won't mention the Ob or the waterball 😉.

Notable 'Shots of the Day'

#10 driving green has been elusive for me in the past. a short par 4 and I've been everywhere but the green. In the water, in the bunker, in the woods on the right. Success today with a drive adjacent to the green. A short pitch and a one putt for a birdie. 

IMG_0825.PNG.c269fd304b2e280d0440e70da8420dff.PNG

#17 A halfway decent drive, but I topped my hybrid. No worries I chipped in for another birdie.  

IMG_0824.PNG.4465ded88651385dd25a96b394d8ef4b.PNG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 1/31/2024 at 3:46 AM, Josh Parker said:

We call that a Barkie. 👍

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

1 hour ago, golfjunky79 said:

this is my nemesis hole. Always in the water but not this time that little white spec on the right edge yup thats my ball. Lets go...!!!!

20240126_123558.jpg

I understand why that's your nemesis hole. The way the valley is shaped it funnels the wind up right into you, yet from the tee you can't usually feel it. I can look out from my deck and see that green, though I can't quite see the water in front of the green. I live above the 15th green.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Trying to live vicariously through those able to get out on course! Whats everyone got today!?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Winter golf here in MO requires layers of clothing and the will to play in less than desirable conditions.  On Wednesday, the temperature when I started was in the low 40’s and the wind was brisk.  Hole #1 is a par 5 and was playing dead into the wind.  For my approach shot, I tried to figure in the factors of distance, wind, and loss of distance due to the temperature.  A well struck, flighted down, 3/4 swing left me approximately 10 feet short of the hole and I missed the birdie putt.  Hole #2 is a par 4 and it was playing in to the wind as well.  For my approach shot, I added a little distance to my calculations and had a 3 foot birdie putt.  I am always happy to make a birdie, but I was proud that I had guessed correctly and executed the shot. 

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Shot of the day. 
Jameson’s followed up by a Cinnamon Whiskey, hole, around the facial area. 
Always makes every golf shot wonderful!

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Not so much a shot or hole. I practice a ton every day at home. This is where I am with driver at my peak at home but just not getting it on the course. Played on Friday and the first 8 holes were an utter disaster. I was on the phone with my wife dealing with family drama and I very nearly left after 9 holes. Finally started getting over it on the back and by 14,15,16 I was hitting 300 plus and making the same strikes I feel like I have been hitting on the SIM. Very satisfying. 

1.jpg

Shot of the day from yesterday...

9th hole on Iron Forge at Penn National Golf .  Pushed my drive right into a fairway bunker (we call it Mickey Mouse because of its shape) .  145 yds to the pin at the left center of the green.  Choked down on a 6 iron and caught it clean with a little cut to four feet.  Knocked in the birdie to give me my low nine hole score for the past year.  Nice feeling 🙂

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

Yesterday, I hit one of the best shots of my life. Hole was a relatively short par 4, slightly uphill, into a steady wind. I hit my driver slightly right, ended up in short rough, about two feet to the right of a small tree, 123 yards to center of green. Green was straight ahead, but with trees on both sides of the cart path, which also cut in front of my lie. Because my ball was close to a tree, I did not have the room to take a full swing shot. So, I took out the 6 iron with the idea of trying to play a low punch between the trees and run it as close to the green as I could get it.

Well, I hit the punch perfectly. It flew low and straight through the tree corridor, and ran up onto the green, ending about 5-6 feet from the hole. Thankfully, I made the birdie putt.

Round was not good, but that hole was great!

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

29 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Yesterday, I hit one of the best shots of my life. Hole was a relatively short par 4, slightly uphill, into a steady wind. I hit my driver slightly right, ended up in short rough, about two feet to the right of a small tree, 123 yards to center of green. Green was straight ahead, but with trees on both sides of the cart path, which also cut in front of my lie. Because my ball was close to a tree, I did not have the room to take a full swing shot. So, I took out the 6 iron with the idea of trying to play a low punch between the trees and run it as close to the green as I could get it.

Well, I hit the punch perfectly. It flew low and straight through the tree corridor, and ran up onto the green, ending about 5-6 feet from the hole. Thankfully, I made the birdie putt.

Round was not good, but that hole was great!

Those are always the fun ones!

The best shot I hit with a club was my 7 iron on a par 3 that I knocked to 40 feet. Badly misplayed the first putt and then hit the 25 footer for the par. Got to love a long putt to save face.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played Sunday and only had one birdie.. was a good one though. Long-ish par 4, 440 yards, with a dogleg right. Hit a pretty good drive and had 172 left into the flag. Hit a 5 iron (little into the wind) to within 2 feet and made the birdie put. Held up for a skat, which was nice.

Driver - Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*

3 wood - Taylormade Sim  2 Max 15* - 

5 wood - Taylormade Sim 2 19*- 

4-PW - Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro

50*/54*/58* - Vokey SM9

Putter - Bettinardi Studio Stock #8