The PGA Championship?? 2020 version

Our Sponsors

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I really didn’t think of it until you mentioned itemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I posted the same thing the other day. Nike has the worst shirts of the week. Horrible.

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No sorry.  We were one Major short of a slam.  And Two other sports have the Triple Crown😎 But we do have something really cool planned for the US Open and Masters!  So stay tuned.   

Gold Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I want Phil back as an Analyst for the rest of the Tournament Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Well I got my wish if not Tony then Collin! What a sick afternoon of golf.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

Obviously Colin Morikawa's drive on #16 will be talked about for a long time.

Another pretty impressive fact, "Best 36-hole close by a major champion in men's history (65-64--129)" (from TaylorMade website)  

• Like 2

From an article on ESPN.com.... Apparently, from Koepka’s mouth, he and DJ aren’t as tight as folks think. That dig Saturday night was personal, and I am SOOOOOOOO glad Koepka was humbled Sunday.

Interesting stat: 78 players played Sunday. Koepka’s score only beat one of them... So awesome.

8960B5B6-F126-49AD-9FD3-19854E08BF1F.jpeg

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

From an article on ESPN.com.... Apparently, from Koepka’s mouth, he and DJ aren’t as tight as folks think. That dig Saturday night was personal, and I am SOOOOOOOO glad Koepka was humbled Sunday.

Interesting stat: 78 players played Sunday. Koepka’s score only beat one of them... So awesome.

Certainly, that jab was uncalled for. Glad he got some humble pie...

I can sure live with Morikawa taking the trophy! 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

10 minutes ago, PMookie said:

There is definitely a fine line between being known for speaking ones mind and simply being an *******.  Koepka had done a pretty good job of toeing that line prior to this weekend.   He just came off as a prick this weekend.  Humble pie is served to us all from time to time and no-one is immune!

• Like 4
12 hours ago, tommc23 said:

That was a great shot on 18 and he didn't look like he liked it but I was leaving for a call as he hit it

He said in an interview last night, it was a definite miss.   He didn't' want to go anywhere near the flag, and said that's why you aim 15 to 20 feet right of it in those situations.   But it worked out ok for him 🙂

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

PostScript. 

I think the game of golf is in a great place right now.  i'm not going to proclaim Morikawa, Wolff, Hovalnd, Scheffler, JT, Bryson, Rahm or any of the other young guys are going to win 5 Majors.  But I do think we are going to see all of them regularly on the leader boards of the majors for several years to come.   It should provide a lot more thrilling majors and probably constant change at the No. 1 spot in the world rankings. 

• Like 5

He said in an interview last night, it was a definite miss.   He didn't' want to go anywhere near the flag, and said that's why you aim 15 to 20 feet right of it in those situations.   But it worked out ok for him

It is part of a normal dispersion pattern for a golfer. We miss long, short, right, and in this case left. You could hear the discussion with his caddie and his target was basically middle of the green.
  • Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is part of a normal dispersion pattern for a golfer. We miss long, short, right, and in this case left. You could hear the discussion with his caddie and his target was basically middle of the green.

Yeah, something like this. 

JJ:  See that Flag?

Collin: Yeah

JJ:  NO YOU DON"T!  You see that tower behind the middle of the green!  That's what you see!

HA

• Like 4

10 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Morikawa is up to #5 in the OWGR. Jon Rahm has retaken the #1 spot.

Morikawa is #5 with the divisor working against him in a big way.  OWGR uses 40 events as its divisor so his total points are divided by 40 rather than the 28 events he has actually played as a professional. 

If the divisor were 28, Morikawa would be #1 by slightly less than 2 full points.  300.52 points / 28 events rather than the 40 OWGR requires would be 10.73.  Rahm is at 8.78.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, PMookie said:

8960B5B6-F126-49AD-9FD3-19854E08BF1F.jpeg

Was the jab saying he's not close to anyone on tour, or something else? I feel like I'm missing something haha

• Like 2

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

44 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He said in an interview last night, it was a definite miss.   He didn't' want to go anywhere near the flag, and said that's why you aim 15 to 20 feet right of it in those situations.   But it worked out ok for him 🙂

He's one of Scott Fawcett's Decade pupils, and this was a pure Decade miss that worked out well that missed on the edge of his dispersion pattern. 

• Like 1

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

IMO, this was one of the best PGAs in recent years.  The leaderboard was stacked on the final round and really stay that way until the last few holes.  I was kind of hoping that we would have a 5-way playoff buy Morikawa deserved every bit of that win.  He was clutch coming down the stretch and hit the shots that he needed to hit.  While others were crumbling, he stayed cool, confident and in control.

• Like 3

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Brooks was asked after round 3 how he felt his chances were and he took a jab at DJ saying he's only got 1 major so Brooks likes his chances going into Sunday.

McIlroy, who Brooks has fired some shots at in the past, was asked about it after the final round and basically said what we all thought of the comments.

The surprise there in that interview is him saying he's not close with anybody including DJ who he shares a swing coach and trainer with and appeared to have a good relationship with, even after the supposed Ryder Cup public argument.

Was the jab saying he's not close to anyone on tour, or something else? I feel like I'm missing something haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Scott Fawcett's reaction to that shot on Twitter as it happened was pretty fantastic. He never name drops so I had no idea Morikawa was actually someone he works with but that is cool to know. He's got to be feeling pretty vindicated following that then, especially with the recent Twitter spat with Brad Faxon.

He's one of Scott Fawcett's Decade pupils, and this was a pure Decade miss that worked out well that missed on the edge of his dispersion pattern. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Brooks was asked after round 3 how he felt his chances were and he took a jab at DJ saying he's only got 1 major so Brooks likes his chances going into Sunday.

McIlroy, who Brooks has fired some shots at in the past, was asked about it after the final round and basically said what we all thought of the comments.

The surprise there in that interview is him saying he's not close with anybody including DJ who he shares a swing coach and trainer with and appeared to have a good relationship with, even after the supposed Ryder Cup public argument.

Ah got it, thanks for clarifying for me

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour