Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Snuck in a quick nine over lunch - walking!!!!!  Great test of my new fitness program as the heat index is hovering around 100.  It took me an hour and a half to play - shot 1 over 37 - 2 birdies, a double and a bogey. 

I hit some good shots, made a couple of putts but did chunk three irons - I actually got two of those three up and down - the other one led to the double - I hit a beautiful recovery shot that trickled off the back to a really tight pin (Couldn't tell it was that tight from where I was hitting).

I'm clearly hitting the ball farther - back to back holes I had 143 and 142 - would normally have hit 7 iron (In fact would normally have had 155 and 156 and perhaps needed 5 hybrid).  I hit 8 on both and was just short of pin high on both - right smack dab in the middle of the green once and just off the green left on the other.  Biggest tell for distance was 8.  191 - cross wind left to right (hurting me) - I hit a very smooth 4 hybrid to the back of the green - past the pin.  The last time I played that hole it was straight down wind and I came up in the bunker short with a 4 wood. 

I drove the ball very well - it's wet so no recording setting blows but the distance was past where I would have expected my drives to carry every time.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

88 today and the blame goes with my putter. I put one of those huge flat cat grips on my Bettinardi and recently I'm having a three putt party. I'll have to pull out my Walter Hagen putter for some comfort until Betty gets a new grip on. It was an embarrassing day with the putter. The good news is my Cleveland HB irons were performing very well. I can't ever remember picking up a set of irons and having the confidence I'm going to hit a good shot every single time like I feel with the HBs.

I thought you loved the flat cat grip? Maybe I missed it but did you exceed the honeymoon period?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Broke the curse of the front 9. Today I played a quick 9 with my wife. Up to this point the lowest score I've gotten is a 46 on the front. Today I ended up with a 44. It was hot, humid and lots of foursomes in front of us - so she didn't want to play the back. I generally play better on the back and was hoping I could finally break 90. But I'll take the 44 for what it's worth. 

Oh and FYI, I'm likin these C300s 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I thought you loved the flat cat grip? Maybe I missed it but did you exceed the honeymoon period?

When I returned Betty due to the chip on the top, I went ahead and purchased a larger flat cat.  I still have the slimmer version so I'll put it back on.  The big size makes the putter feel a bit awkward and out of balance.  :wacko:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... I am reminded of DLIII's dad who told him "Never follow a bad shot with a great shot. Always follow a bad shot with a good shot".

I'll be keeping that in mind. That's great advice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

... I am reminded of DLIII's dad who told him "Never follow a bad shot with a great shot. Always follow a bad shot with a good shot".

Such sound advice -

Do you know what they call a bad shot followed by three good ones?

Par

I had one of those pars today - what a round changer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

47/46 tonight - I didn't feel particularly good about much. A little good and a little bad with woods and irons, but chipping/putting were working well. I made a fair amount of decent length putts tonight and chipped well enough to leave makeable 1-putts. 28 total putts. Oh by the way, I dusted this off and put the Ping in time out. The stroke naturally feels more straightback/straight through with it. I thought about using it backwards to be like the hammer putter, but thought better of it.

download.jpeg

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I choked today. Played the front in 37, birdied the first two on the back, and played the next 6 all pars. -1 in the round going into 18. Doubled for a 73. I've never broken par before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

SUPER HOT ROUND yesterday during league play...managed 1 over but almost fainted from the heat

Screenshot_20180703-160817.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

44 + 42 = 86 today.  We went out at 7:00 a.m. and got through before 10:00 a.m.  I'm enjoying those early morning rounds!   Man I'm smiling like a hog in a slop sucking contest while gaming the Cleveland Launcher HB irons.    :D   Bad hip and all I can still elevate the ball and hit quality shots.  Incredibly forgiving irons....  :wub:

Cleveland

Such sound advice -

Do you know what they call a bad shot followed by three good ones?

Par

I had one of those pars today - what a round changer.

... Good stuff. Another great explanation came from Annika Sorenstam in a Major. She was faced with a shot from light rough where she had to fade it about 20 yds around a tree. She contemplated the shot and finally just wedged it out to the fairway, hit a good iron shot and saved par. After the round she said she felt she had a 50-50 chance of puling off the shot and she will not take a risk unless she figures she has an 80% chance of pulling it off. That was a real eye opener for me. One of the best players to ever live would not try a 60/40 shot when I had tried 40/60 shots (or worse) too often to remember. Changed my game and one of the reasons I was able to get over the next hurdle to a single digit index. 

... You might put bogie into play more often than not but you certainly take double or worse out of your round. A bogie is easy to recover from both with your score and mentally, but a double or triple can really derail your momentum. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I choked today. Played the front in 37, birdied the first two on the back, and played the next 6 all pars. -1 in the round going into 18. Doubled for a 73. I've never broken par before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Gahhh!

I've done that many times. But you are one game away. Stay steady and one of these days it will happen

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I started off great then the once I caught everyone i started to suck. Started the round with nothing but pars and a few bogeys. If i would have drove the ball better I would have scored better. The wedges worked great I putted very well with the evnroll. I wish that I would have been under 100 but I just barely missed that, so I've been generally playing better since I got these wedges than I did before. I'm not saying the wedges made a difference it's the new swing working and I'm not taking such big divots or hitting so many fat shots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Annika doesn't seem to get the level of respect she is due... deserves to be in the same conversation with Jack as the best ever.

... Good stuff. Another great explanation came from Annika Sorenstam in a Major. She was faced with a shot from light rough where she had to fade it about 20 yds around a tree. She contemplated the shot and finally just wedged it out to the fairway, hit a good iron shot and saved par. After the round she said she felt she had a 50-50 chance of puling off the shot and she will not take a risk unless she figures she has an 80% chance of pulling it off. That was a real eye opener for me. One of the best players to ever live would not try a 60/40 shot when I had tried 40/60 shots (or worse) too often to remember. Changed my game and one of the reasons I was able to get over the next hurdle to a single digit index.

... You might put bogie into play more often than not but you certainly take double or worse out of your round. A bogie is easy to recover from both with your score and mentally, but a double or triple can really derail your momentum.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Played in a little one day tournament and shot.... 37-35, 72 good for second in the Senior Division. Was actually the second best score but guys over 55 played the whites, the other guys the blues, super seniors and women the Reds -

Pitted lights out - Hit 10 greens and only had 27 putts. 2 bogeys, 1 birdie, 15 pars, got it up and down from everywhere - it was the Revkev of old.

I'm guessing I averaged 220 off the tee. If I can get that to 230 I will be set.

I thought of Kenny on the chip in, swirling, snarly, wet Bermuda, shirt sided but the green was sloped towards me - I knew that if I landed it in the fringe it would trickle right up towards the hole, landed it on my spot, one little hop off the fringe and trickled right in.

My speed was perfect all day.

attachicon.gifIMG_1173.JPG

Awesome round Rev!

Cleveland

Played in a little one day tournament and shot.... 37-35, 72 good for second in the Senior Division. Was actually the second best score but guys over 55 played the whites, the other guys the blues, super seniors and women the Reds -

Pitted lights out - Hit 10 greens and only had 27 putts. 2 bogeys, 1 birdie, 15 pars, got it up and down from everywhere - it was the Revkev of old.

I'm guessing I averaged 220 off the tee. If I can get that to 230 I will be set.

I thought of Kenny on the chip in, swirling, snarly, wet Bermuda, shirt sided but the green was sloped towards me - I knew that if I landed it in the fringe it would trickle right up towards the hole, landed it on my spot, one little hop off the fringe and trickled right in.

My speed was perfect all day.

attachicon.gifIMG_1173.JPG

Great round!!

Driver distance creeping up

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Annika doesn't seem to get the level of respect she is due... deserves to be in the same conversation with Jack as the best ever.

Agree completely

Rick

Left Hand, 

44 + 42 = 86 today. We went out at 7:00 a.m. and got through before 10:00 a.m. I'm enjoying those early morning rounds! Man I'm smiling like a hog in a slop sucking contest while gaming the Cleveland Launcher HB irons. :D Bad hip and all I can still elevate the ball and hit quality shots. Incredibly forgiving irons.... :wub:

Liking the Cleveland's better than the Steelheads

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was struggling previously, posting rounds in the mid 80s, then my pro saw me hit one shot. He told me I've got too much forward press. Since they one comment I went 78-76-78. Talk to your pro, they'll find the faults before you do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Warm morning but OK, 42 in front 400+ on back. Not kidding. Made the turn and got in back of the Fourth Guests & family's. Took forever.......

I'm not a real patient person sometimes

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was struggling previously, posting rounds in the mid 80s, then my pro saw me hit one shot. He told me I've got too much forward press. Since they one comment I went 78-76-78. Talk to your pro, they'll find the faults before you do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

True that

Rick

Left Hand, 

Liking the Cleveland's better than the Steelheads

Yea and I really like the Steelheads so that tells ya something huh?   The HB's are sooooooo stupid easy to hit.....  

Cleveland

Yea and I really like the Steelheads so that tells ya something huh? The HB's are sooooooo stupid easy to hit.....

Hummmm

Rick

Left Hand, 

... What a crazy round of golf... almost. My son and I played today and I started off with par and then 4 birdies in a row. Hit my shot off the tee to about 10 feet on #6 and the lightening sirens went off, so we headed for the shelter by the green. Good thing as a few lightening bolts hit nearby and we waited 45 minutes and it seemed to clear up even though the siren didn't sound again. We played at a nice quick pace since literally nobody was on the course.

... We got to 16 and the lightening hit a few miles away when we were in the fairway so we played our way to the shelter between the 16th green and 17th tee. I was 6 under par with 7 birdies and a bogie on an easy par 3 ... sigh. One more birdie and I would have shot my age. But the lightening got worse and the skies really darkened and it started to rain so a couple guys in carts came and got us and droveus to my car. Said we were the only ones on the course LOL. Heading back home it cleared up and we didn't get any rain at home which is only about 10 miles away. The Mrs said she never heard any thunder but our ears were still ringing from the course. I would have liked to finish those last 2 holes but summer storms in the midwest are no joke.

attachicon.gifPB Scorecard.JPG

attachicon.gifPB Storm.JPG

Indeed - just ask Dorothy!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

78 today. 1 double no birds. Put a new 3 wood in play today and FIRs went from 45 percent the last couple months to almost 80 today. Ive been carrying a driver and then a 2h as I sold my previous 3w. I only hit 30 percent GIRs, but many of the pins were cut close to edges for morning tourny and i had many right on thr fridge which I converted at 80 percent or so. I had one bad 8i which I pulled behind a tree and it cost me a double.

Side note....3rd 18 hole round in a row walking....@#$^^&^$#@@....it will get easier.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX