Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, that’s what I was thinkin, Mrs Chunkster would love the leaf season.
Is there a course in New England that doesn’t have a view? I never saw one! Beautiful part of US.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Dad was a truck driver and I was fortunate to be able to go on quite a few trips with him, but the two regions of the U.S. I've never visited are northeast and southwest. It's definitely on my priority list of things to do. 

All that great practice the last couple of days was a waste of time.  No more practice for me!!  I did not hit one good driver all day... not one, and my driver is usually a reliable club, even if my drives are shorter than I would like.  I had been working on getting my right hip deeper in the backswing, and on the range I had been hitting great shots.  Not today.

Shot 45/40 for 85.  On the par 4 #7 and par 3 #8 holes... two of the holes I need to birdie for the 2020 Challenge, I went triple, double with no penalty shots!!  I hit 6 tee shots with my driver that were all within 50 yards of the Forward Tees.  Sad!

I could blame the weather.  I broke my rule of never starting a round in the rain (I can generally wait an hour and not play in the rain).  The course irrigates all night long, and about 3am we had a T-storm pass through.  Lots of standing water.  Teed off at 7-30am and played in light rain until we made the turn.  I was soaked.  My score would have been a lot worse, but I hit some good wedges and made a few 8-10 footers to save par.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Dad was a truck driver and I was fortunate to be able to go on quite a few trips with him, but the two regions of the U.S. I've never visited are northeast and southwest. It's definitely on my priority list of things to do. 

Definitely something you and SWMBO need to do. I’ve been everywhere except Pacific Northwest and so far NE is my favorite. We may live in FL but we’re still New Englanders. We visit often.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got to play at Kapalua Plantation today. The wind was blowing pretty strong at 20 mph with stronger gusts, but that's kinda normal there. I had 3 birdies, but put up a   couple 6's, 7's, and one 8. The tee killed me on a few holes as I adjust to my new driver, but short game bailed me out. Shot an 89 and will happily take it!

9 minutes ago, 2puttbogey said:

Got to play at Kapalua Plantation today. The wind was blowing pretty strong at 20 mph with stronger gusts, but that's kinda normal there. I had 3 birdies, but put up a   couple 6's, 7's, and one 8. The tee killed me on a few holes as I adjust to my new driver, but short game bailed me out. Shot an 89 and will happily take it!

Cheeeeeee! Super windy on Oahu today too

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Learned something about myself last week. I couldn't seem to hit my driver or fairway woods. Every shot seemed to be a frustrating disaster. But I was hitting my 4 iron good. So I put away  my driver and woods for the remainder of the day and embraced the shot I did have. Discovered that I can still get on the green in 3 on a par 5 using only my 4 iron. Who would have thought!

I was a happy camper to reboot when I my new driver arrived a couple of days later.

200 in the middle beats 280 in the trees, A lot of people need to learn this...

"C'mon be good"

7/14 fir

9/18 gir

30 putts

Not a great day scoring. Hit some very good drives but I think every miss got me in trouble. Happy with how my swing is progressing, and the putting stroke was pretty good. 4 lip outs, good putts just not good enough. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Played Friday in perfect weather conditions.  Course was in great shape and was hitting the ball well. 

76 (did not have a birdie, definitely would have helped)

8/14 fairways (3 others barely off and 3 double cross that ended in hazard)

11/18 GIR

35 putts (still not making as many as I should, did not have a yipped stroke all day and on the course thought I was putting better than this)

Majority of approach shots were in 20 - 30 foot range minus maybe 3 good looks at birdie

Very happy with how I hit driver and the overall game.  Chipped pretty well and hit my spots, but the greens were a bit faster than I gave credit for.  Excited for the next time out.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

18 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in.

IMG_1761.JPG.cbcfa3116fd1c8ad96de3c6a689e77f4.JPG

Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever.

Won my match 8 and 6.

cube.gif.90a87ed95b8a4161d3174a47f49467bc.gif

Great shot, congratulations!!!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in.
IMG_1761.JPG.cbcfa3116fd1c8ad96de3c6a689e77f4.JPG
Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever.
Won my match 8 and 6.
cube.gif.90a87ed95b8a4161d3174a47f49467bc.gif

Sweet! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... So frustrating, I sure hope someone turns out in. I was playing in LA at Encino with 3 older Asian gentlemen and was 1 under on 18. They had never played with anyone that shot under par and I just missed the 18th green in 2 landing on the right side in rough about even with the pin. Had my Bobby Grace 6330 putter and my 58* with me and I holed the chip for a 69. My new friends went a little crazy, jumping and high fiving and one of them gave me his ball marker to remember the day I played with them. Very gracious gesture. But in all the excitement I forgot my Bobby Grace. Parking lot is right next to the 18th and by the time I used the bathroom and went to put my clubs in the trunk I realized my putter was missing. I saw a group coming off the green and they said nobody saw a putter. There may have been 1 or 2 groups max between them so I went to the starter booth and asked them. Nobody turned it in. I left my name and number and called back every day for a week. No putter. 

... It took me 9 months to find another 6330 and thankfully Bobby Grace called me when a used one in mint condition was traded in. I bought it right then and there. I have been extremely diligent about checking my clubs when I take 2 with me now. Like you said, you were on a private club so there is a good chance someone turns it in and doesn't think "Wow, here is a beat up heel shafted blade putter. I just got myself a present that I will probably never use". 🤬

I am glad my wedge is fairly unique, so someone cant claim its there wedge. Its a cleveland cbx full face wedge with nippon modus wedge shaft with a iomic 1.8 black armor 2 grip with 2 wraps of tape under the right hand, and i digitally measured the thickness of the grip in multiple spots lol. That black armor 2 grip just got released in the market within the last month or 2 so virtually no one should be playing those. And i dont know many folks that want to play undersized grips.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

28 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am glad my wedge is fairly unique, so someone cant claim its there wedge. Its a cleveland cbx full face wedge with nippon modus wedge shaft with a iomic 1.8 black armor 2 grip with 2 wraps of tape under the right hand, and i digitally measured the thickness of the grip in multiple spots lol. That black armor 2 grip just got released in the market within the last month or 2 so virtually no one should be playing those. And i dont know many folks that want to play undersized grips.

... Haha, never underestimate a degenerate. I think I posted this before but I was using a new rangefinder in Louisville playing with my son that was 17 at the time. He used it and forgot to put it back on the 7th fairway. 8th was a par 3 with a middle pin so we didn't use it. 2nd shot on the 9th, we recognized it was gone and with only 3 groups between us and the 7th fairway we checked with all of them and they said "No, never saw one" Of course it was gone when we got to the spot he left it. Stopped at the pro shop to see if they might check with the 3 groups and the guy says "Dayum! Some luckee sumbich juss got themselves a new range-fyndur!" He didn't even hide the fact that it was stolen. 

... I do think that is the exception and not the norm. Lets us know if your CBX shows up. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Shot a 103 today, which is okay but not great for me. Was playing pretty decently and almost holed a bunker shot on 14. A couple of holes later, I realized I left my 58 degree Cleveland Full Face wedge on hole 14. After that, the fact that I left the club was in the back of my mind and I started playing poorly after that. Hoping someone turns it it, its a private club so I am guessing it will be turned in. I went back to look for it when I was on 17 because the tee box is near the 14 green, but the club wasn't there.

Hope someone turns it in and you get it back.

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Drove with my wife about 45-50 minutes (east of here) to where we could get a tee time on short notice, on a 9 Hole course we played for the first time (we'd played the 18 there once last year .. nice course and during that round thought I might be on the way to my first breakthrough of 90 but made a mess of a few holes on the back 9).

The opening Par 5 on this 9 is interesting - you hit over water twice (first off the tee and then the second shot) - and yours truly managed to drown two golf balls on his attempted second shotS on his way to an opening Quadruple Bogey. Goodbye new scoring record day 😝

Second hole straightforward Par 4 -> scratched out a Par. Kinda surprised myself and thought ok we're back in the game.

#3 Par 3 slightly uphill - pushed the shot right, which curved further right, a playing partner found it next to the OB fence, took a (free, I hope!) drop (..as I managed to do this very same trick again on #8), good pitch on but crossed the ridge where the flag was and rolled out to the back edge -> 3-putt Double. 

Fourth and fifth holes "saved" bogeys after both tee shots again put me into trouble spots.

#6 short Par 3 and actually hit the front edge of the green .. although as we walked up I realized the pin was further back on the green and not towards the front, so note to self: you should probably wear your glasses when playing golf .. first long putt was tap-in close -> par.

#7 slight dogleg right short Par 4 - popped up a hybrid tee shot that actually landed in the fairway - only other fairway after #1 - and then pulled off a *great* 7i to the front edge of the green and maybe 12-15 feet below the flag .. "easy" 😉 2 putt par.

#8 after yet another duffed tee shot went right into the trees and ended up next to the fence again .. drop .. punch out .. wedge on was good .. first putt was tap-in close .. another bogey save. 

Closing Par 5 is the longest hole and keeps bending around to the right from tee to green - but there's me with another tee shot faded short-right into trouble again, followed by a tactical error trying to take a full swing to advance the ball, followed by a solid punch out into a good position in the fairway with just enough of a "look" past the last trees before the green to have a shot at it, followed by a *great* 9i that hit the front of the green and rolled up a bit, followed by a great first putt that just grazed the edge of the hole for a finishing "almost par" (lol) bogey.

Total damage = +10 (Par 36) with those two penalties on #1 and one 3-putt.

But... considering the awfulness of my tee shots it was not all bad as the short game was working well .. which is, naturally, the complete opposite of my prior 9 hole round where I was hitting solid tee shots into fairways and the short game was fighting me. But then hey thats g-o-l-f........ ⛳🏌️‍♂️

You just gotta love a course designer who thought carrying a water hazard once on a hole just wasn't enough 🤨.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

You just gotta love a course designer who thought carrying a water hazard once on a hole just wasn't enough 🤨.  

Hah!! Yeah, that plus I guess they thought it was a good way to squeeze this one into an otherwise possibly unusable corner of the property. But then otoh the #1 tees are right around the corner from the parking lot, so it's got that going for it 😉 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

33 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Four doubles..... Four. 3 on the back nine. Ugh. 82 (39/43). Had a two way miss going off the tee box starting on 10, hit two balls OB within a three hole stretch: one right, one left! Left three pitches short of the green.... Ugh. What a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think sometimes we need days like that to make up for those "played out of my mind" days. I started using the new OB rule on a particular hole at Mesa Del Sol (Yuma).  I've experienced a handful of double OB's on that hole, twice on what were fantastic round otherwise.  For some reason it just does not fit my eye, so being able to avoid a second backyard donation is welcomed.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

87 - 43/44

8 pars

9 FIRs

8 GIRs - 33 putts and 11 chips

3 penalties off the tee 

I played the RTJ Capitol Hill Judge Course today. I just didn’t have it today compared to an 80 yesterday. Silver lining is no 3 putts, just couldn’t sink the birdie. Struggled on pulling the tee shots on Par 3, mainly my 6 and 7 iron. I’m not sure if it was because I was hitting over marsh/water and trying to muscle it instead of trusting my shot. I know what I’ll be working on the range soon.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

My wedge was turned it and it is back in my possession, i am relieved.

That’s great

Rick

Left Hand,