Jump to content
hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I just received and installed a Superstroke Wrist Lock putter grip. I installed it like a normal pistol grip since that was the reason I purchased it. The end is a more pronounced pistol shape which feels better in my hand. I did hold it the wristlock way before installing it but felt it would require playing the ball even with my front foot or an incredible amount of forward press to work.
The grip itself is 3" longer than a normal Superstroke and heavier but I really dig the feel while carpet rolling it.

Also I believe my previous Superstroke traxion grip is fake. It feels completely different than this one. Almost like slick plastic if that makes sense. IMG_20200526_175447499.jpegIMG_20200526_175501957.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Let me know how ya like that. Interesting have not seen that before. 

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheCommonHacker said:

Here is the custom AF1s. I haven’t got the golf kicks in the mail yet. I went with the neon red spikes. These look way better than I imagined. 

B437D4E5-0082-4201-8C12-E3E43A61EF8B.jpeg

If those hibiscus were yellow you'd have the state flower on your kicks. Can't imagine playing in AF1s since they're sooooo heavy, but I respect the project!


Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s different! Good luck


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Let me know how ya like that. Interesting have not seen that before. 
It is definitely different. It is weird to look down the putter and see basically a whole grip past your hands! It is also slightly bigger overall than the Pistol GT 1.0. The more pronounced pistol really helps.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 3

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I just received and installed a Superstroke Wrist Lock putter grip. I installed it like a normal pistol grip since that was the reason I purchased it. The end is a more pronounced pistol shape which feels better in my hand. I did hold it the wristlock way before installing it but felt it would require playing the ball even with my front foot or an incredible amount of forward press to work.
The grip itself is 3" longer than a normal Superstroke and heavier but I really dig the feel while carpet rolling it.

Also I believe my previous Superstroke traxion grip is fake. It feels completely different than this one. Almost like slick plastic if that makes sense. IMG_20200526_175447499.jpegIMG_20200526_175501957.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Now that’s a super stroke grip I might get along with.  I love a good pronounced pistol grip.  I might end up throwing a golf pride SNSR contour on the ER2B.  Thinking maybe the 104 or even smaller tour van model (75cc maybe?)

  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

 :EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for warning!
Tried it at the store seemed OK, but I’m not swinging too hard. Looking for Tempo.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Both my wife and I use OW as part of the warm-up routine and it help not only tempo but also with footwork. There is an 'unofficial' OW tester thread in case you haven't seen it.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now that’s a super stroke grip I might get along with.  I love a good pronounced pistol grip.  I might end up throwing a golf pride SNSR contour on the ER2B.  Thinking maybe the 104 or even smaller tour van model (75cc maybe?)
I have had a bunch of different putter grips over the last few years and this one is the one that seems to stand out the most. I had the Contour Red/Black 104 and 75cc grips as well as the Contour Pro 104cc. The Pro was the best one of them for me but I sold the putter it was on before I had the ability to remove grips. I was thinking about going back to it until I came across the wristlock and thought it looked interesting. I'm gonna take it to the practice green tomorrow and see how it goes. I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my wrists and hands and the bigger pistol definitely seems to take some pressure off my wrist from not needing to be so straight.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 5

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just received and installed a Superstroke Wrist Lock putter grip. I installed it like a normal pistol grip since that was the reason I purchased it. The end is a more pronounced pistol shape which feels better in my hand. I did hold it the wristlock way before installing it but felt it would require playing the ball even with my front foot or an incredible amount of forward press to work.
The grip itself is 3" longer than a normal Superstroke and heavier but I really dig the feel while carpet rolling it.

Also I believe my previous Superstroke traxion grip is fake. It feels completely different than this one. Almost like slick plastic if that makes sense. IMG_20200526_175447499.jpeg.64f2878f875b7ceac4ca6ae23edc0943.jpegIMG_20200526_175501957.jpeg.ab343bafe24539091b195d3a39b37977.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app



Does it add 3” to the putter length? Want to give one a try but not sure how it works on say a 34” putter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it add 3” to the putter length? Want to give one a try but not sure how it works on say a 34” putter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No it keeps the putter the same length. I would think if you are going to use it for the intended purpose, you will need to extend your current putter. I used a long dowel to see if it would add any length to my putter and the shaft goes all the way to the butt cap just like a normal superstroke grip.
The info from superstroke claims that you don’t need to do anything but install right on your current putter but that seems misspoken unless I was doing something wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have had a bunch of different putter grips over the last few years and this one is the one that seems to stand out the most. I had the Contour Red/Black 104 and 75cc grips as well as the Contour Pro 104cc. The Pro was the best one of them for me but I sold the putter it was on before I had the ability to remove grips. I was thinking about going back to it until I came across the wristlock and thought it looked interesting. I'm gonna take it to the practice green tomorrow and see how it goes. I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my wrists and hands and the bigger pistol definitely seems to take some pressure off my wrist from not needing to be so straight.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

My favorite is the Pistolero with its nice large top hand, but its still fairly small for the rest of grip by today’s standards.  If I happen to see one of those next time in in a store I’ll have to check them out.  Let us know how you like it on the practice green!

  • Like 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

 :EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In spite of the fact that I don’t NEED any more golf balls for quite a while, I pulled the trigger on a dozen Cut matte white balls with the free dozen USA balls for Memorial day. I guess I’ll lose those for the next month or two.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

PXG Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
Tour Edge HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Maltby KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
Gigagolf S2 52° and 56° wedges w/UST for Gigagolf graphite shafts
Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tehuti said:

In spite of the fact that I don’t NEED any more golf balls for quite a while, I pulled the trigger on a dozen Cut matte white balls with the free dozen USA balls for Memorial day. I guess I’ll lose those for the next month or two.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, didn't really need another dozen but I ordered Quantix F18 Tour's.....  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't buy but was sent 2 dozen ProVX1's by The Grint for being the chairman of the Akron club. They also sent a Grint patch and ball marker.

  • Like 6

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattF said:

Didn't buy but was sent 2 dozen ProVX1's by The Grint for being the chairman of the Akron club. They also sent a Grint patch and ball marker.

Just curious, since I am not a subscriber and can't see my handicap. Can you see it as chairman?

  • Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaxEntropy said:

Just curious, since I am not a subscriber and can't see my handicap. Can you see it as chairman?

It says between 15-17 for 18 and 7.2 for 9. Can you post rounds hole by hole or just the final score. I'm not sure, but I think it may make a difference.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattF said:

It says between 15-17 for 18 and 7.2 for 9. Can you post rounds hole by hole or just the final score. I'm not sure, but I think it may make a difference.

I can upload a scorecard, but since my score is always in Arccos, I just post the total score.

  • Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my iphone 5s, loaded up Arccos Caddie, activated my 90 day free trial and ready for my first round with it on Saturday!

I've been practicing with it in my pocket and it's reached the point where it is barely noticeable. the 5s is small (4") and thin; I have heard not-so-good things about the Android app so I went with the iPhone version. Hoping it pays off!

arccos.jpg

  • Like 7

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Got my iphone 5s, loaded up Arccos Caddie, activated my 90 day free trial and ready for my first round with it on Saturday!

I've been practicing with it in my pocket and it's reached the point where it is barely noticeable. the 5s is small (4") and thin; I have heard not-so-good things about the Android app so I went with the iPhone version. Hoping it pays off!

arccos.jpg

I've got 4 rounds in with the iPhone version now.  3 9's and an 18.  No complaints so far other than battery, but I was also taking some videos on the 18.  I would need to charge it between rounds or bring a battery pack to play 36 for sure.  I'm using my iPhone 8, I'd be interested to hear how that works for you not being you main phone.  Not a bad idea if you wanted to conserve power or use a smaller phone.  

Where are you going to be playing?

  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

 :EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I've got 4 rounds in with the iPhone version now.  3 9's and an 18.  No complaints so far other than battery, but I was also taking some videos on the 18.  I would need to charge it between rounds or bring a battery pack to play 36 for sure.  I'm using my iPhone 8, I'd be interested to hear how that works for you not being you main phone.  Not a bad idea if you wanted to conserve power or use a smaller phone.  

Where are you going to be playing?

Yeah - I deleted pretty much all of the other apps on the phone that I could in order to conserve battery power. I picked this one up on ebay for 30 bucks and it will be strictly used for the Caddie app. Even if it fails at least I'll have a backup phone in case my main one craps out. LOL

Meeting up with some guys at Norwood CC. Pretty easy course and it will be a good test for the first round out.

  • Like 6

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...