Jump to content

Random Thread


ole gray

Recommended Posts

This morning my wife, who runs a small craft and photography business on-line, was telling me of a conversation she had yesterday with our part time neighbors about the new "Recovery Act" laws as it pertains to e-commerce tax reporting.  My wife already gets the 1099's forms from her various sales platforms but our neighbor was a bit shocked about the new thresholds (she just started a new business)... which are, shall we say, not subtle.

It's going to get harder to avoid reporting income from online sales (cnbc.com)

It's no secret that the gubberment wants their share of our ill-gotten booty, but wow, from $20k/200 transactions to $600/1 transaction... really?  I wonder how they derived this change?  Sell a used set of irons for $700 and get taxed on $100? I totally get that e-commerce sales created a tax loop-hole of sorts in the last decade and these same goods sold through retail stores would have created tax revenue.  Si in a way, these changes are just catching up to current times.

Anyway, it got me to wondering where this is heading and how far off it will be before stuff we sell on our BST sub forum (or the like) will need to be reported?  How about Craigslist, yard/estate sales?  

Please don't go down the politics lane but just curious what others think about the changes - in particular the not so subtle threshold and whether any attempt to move to other non business ID transactions would be excessive?

I'm doing a look around the house at what I need to unload, quickly 🤣.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This morning my wife, who runs a small craft and photography business on-line, was telling me of a conversation she had yesterday with our part time neighbors about the new "Recovery Act" laws as it pertains to e-commerce tax reporting.  My wife already gets the 1099's forms from her various sales platforms but our neighbor was a bit shocked about the new thresholds (she just started a new business)... which are, shall we say, not subtle.

It's going to get harder to avoid reporting income from online sales (cnbc.com)

It's no secret that the gubberment wants their share of our ill-gotten booty, but wow, from $20k/200 transactions to $600/1 transaction... really?  I wonder how they derived this change?  Sell a used set of irons for $700 and get taxed on $100? I totally get that e-commerce sales created a tax loop-hole of sorts in the last decade and these same goods sold through retail stores would have created tax revenue.  Si in a way, these changes are just catching up to current times.

Anyway, it got me to wondering where this is heading and how far off it will be before stuff we sell on our BST sub forum (or the like) will need to be reported?  How about Craigslist, yard/estate sales?  

Please don't go down the politics lane but just curious what others think about the changes - in particular the not so subtle threshold and whether any attempt to move to other non business ID transactions would be excessive?

I'm doing a look around the house at what I need to unload, quickly 🤣.

This has been going on for awhile. It’s state dependent. But like with other stuff if you sold at a loss you can claim that.

Ebay has been collecting sales tax for at least 1.5 years due to the new laws to

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This has been going on for awhile. It’s state dependent. But like with other stuff if you sold at a loss you can claim that.

Ebay has been collecting sales tax for at least 1.5 years due to the new laws to

It's the threshold change that got my attention.  My wife was familiar with it but since I don't sell anything but occasional CL or MGS BST stuff, news to me.  Good to know about the "loss" option. 😄  

Dear IRS,

I purchased this set of clubs under the misconception they would reduce my scoring.  That has not happened. Purchased for $1800, sold for $1000.  Please send me one of those debit cards.

Sincerely,

Fixyurdivot

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's the threshold change that got my attention.  My wife was familiar with it but since I don't sell anything but occasional CL or MGS BST stuff, news to me.  Good to know about the "loss" option. 😄  

Dear IRS,

I purchased this set of clubs under the misconception they would reduce my scoring.  That has not happened. Purchased for $1800, sold for $1000.  Please send me one of those debit cards.

Sincerely,

Fixyurdivot

The good thing for those in the states that do the 20k/200 as I understand it that’s per tax year so some minor sales won’t hurt.

Also as far as I’m aware it’s mostly thru PayPal use for online sales. If someone pays via cashapp, Venmo or similar apps they may be avoiding that. PayPal definitely notifies the user about their tax liability 

edit: for PayPal it’s for goods and services. Friend to friend isnt impacted to my knowledge 

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was a single stuck behind a sloooowwww foursome today, so i had a lot of time on the course. 

i was working on a few things with my driver, and actually had the swing speed radar out on a few holes. 

i’ve come to the realization that i just generate too much spin with my driver and it’s definitely robbing me of distance. 

5AAE356A-0325-4652-90B3-5A9BC2EAA2F5.jpeg.4288c65e54babcb75332b164adf23c91.jpeg79D5D7FA-07EC-460E-A5E4-116F8F901927.jpeg.348efdbb285dc625eb2730165b9fb6c6.jpeg

my on course swing is right around 130, but i’m not seeing near the distances associated with that speed. and i’m talking about well-struck drives that fly straight. 

i had two good drives today - one at 306 and one at 324, measured by shotscope, but more often i get drives that balloon really badly and end up around the 260 mark. 

75DADEF1-EC92-4A90-BD70-9488B1ACF488.png.3ada7dc892915bf33babb982ee48ead9.png

i’ve already got an email out to my coach, and this is one of the things we’re gonna focus on when the off-season rolls around. 

with a 6* driver i shouldn’t see the kinds of apexes i’m getting 

  • Like 6

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i was a single stuck behind a sloooowwww foursome today, so i had a lot of time on the course. 

i was working on a few things with my driver, and actually had the swing speed radar out on a few holes. 

i’ve come to the realization that i just generate too much spin with my driver and it’s definitely robbing me of distance. 

5AAE356A-0325-4652-90B3-5A9BC2EAA2F5.jpeg.4288c65e54babcb75332b164adf23c91.jpeg79D5D7FA-07EC-460E-A5E4-116F8F901927.jpeg.348efdbb285dc625eb2730165b9fb6c6.jpeg

my on course swing is right around 130, but i’m not seeing near the distances associated with that speed. and i’m talking about well-struck drives that fly straight. 

i had two good drives today - one at 306 and one at 324, measured by shotscope, but more often i get drives that balloon really badly and end up around the 260 mark. 

75DADEF1-EC92-4A90-BD70-9488B1ACF488.png.3ada7dc892915bf33babb982ee48ead9.png

i’ve already got an email out to my coach, and this is one of the things we’re gonna focus on when the off-season rolls around. 

with a 6* driver i shouldn’t see the kinds of apexes i’m getting 

Where on the face are you making contact? What shaft do you have in? Not like I’m going to help I’m just curious.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to the local farm today for some veggies and they had their fresh apple cider. I love this stuff and looked forward to this all year after trying it last year for the first time. It is the perfect cider not too sweet and not overdone with the spices.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Where on the face are you making contact? What shaft do you have in? Not like I’m going to help I’m just curious.

i usually center my driver up pretty well. when i miss, i tend to leave the face open and get a big slice off to the right, but that’s not what i’m talking about here. 

my shaft is a KuroKage XD 70TX

  • Like 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i usually center my driver up pretty well. when i miss, i tend to leave the face open and get a big slice off to the right, but that’s not what i’m talking about here. 

my shaft is a KuroKage XD 70TX

That’s a shaft geez. I had the same issue when I carried a driver if I hit it high on the face my spin went up dramatically compared to hitting it closer to center

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i was a single stuck behind a sloooowwww foursome today, so i had a lot of time on the course. 

i was working on a few things with my driver, and actually had the swing speed radar out on a few holes. 

i’ve come to the realization that i just generate too much spin with my driver and it’s definitely robbing me of distance. 

Selfishly I only care if you had better success on the 100 yard 3/4 swing shots today.  If my tip helped I am going to ask you to send about 10mph my way and we'll call it even!!   🤗

  • Haha 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Selfishly I only care if you had better success on the 100 yard 3/4 swing shots today.  If my tip helped I am going to ask you to send about 10mph my way and we'll call it even!!   🤗

hahah you actually helped a lot! here’s a few holes where i had partial wedges in and pulled the shot off well

 

D16CF622-31DA-44AB-B2A0-DDB951197D35.png

2AEB8A3F-1B5A-4EFB-BD2C-8638418B2B9C.png

8C979196-F8FC-4321-A077-BA0617423D1B.png

93BC82EC-9FB2-43DF-91A5-56F7D793823C.png

  • Like 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

i usually center my driver up pretty well. when i miss, i tend to leave the face open and get a big slice off to the right, but that’s not what i’m talking about here. 

my shaft is a KuroKage XD 70TX

6º driver??  Let's see... Rory plays a SIM2 at 10.5º with a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 70X shaft.  Why 6º??  Harder to hit straight!!

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

6º driver??  Let's see... Rory plays a SIM2 at 10.5º with a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 70X shaft.  Why 6º??  Harder to hit straight!!

because even at 6*, my ball gets well up over 150’ in the air. 

i lowered the loft to try and kill spin and keep the ball down. excess spin and ballooning drives are killing my distance. 

im also about 10mph faster than rory, so what works for him isn’t what will work for me. i’d love his face control and launch conditions, though. 

  • Like 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

because even at 6*, my ball gets well up over 150’ in the air. 

i lowered the loft to try and kill spin and keep the ball down. excess spin and ballooning drives are killing my distance. 

im also about 10mph faster than rory, so what works for him isn’t what will work for me. i’d love his face control and launch conditions, though. 

OK, maybe we should look at pros closer to your swing speed.  Cameron Champ and Wilco Nienaber both play 9º drivers.

What I'm saying is that maybe there's more to your ballooning issue. It might be a swing issue rather than an equipment issue.  Check out spin loft.

  • Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It might be a swing issue rather than an equipment issue.

oh, i agree completely. 

lofting down was an experiment just to see if i could bring my ball flight down, it wasn’t intended as a fix 

i’m gonna get with my coach and fix whatever delivery issues i’ve got going on. 

  • Like 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i usually center my driver up pretty well. when i miss, i tend to leave the face open and get a big slice off to the right, but that’s not what i’m talking about here. 

my shaft is a KuroKage XD 70TX

 

8 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

because even at 6*, my ball gets well up over 150’ in the air. 

i lowered the loft to try and kill spin and keep the ball down. excess spin and ballooning drives are killing my distance. 

im also about 10mph faster than rory, so what works for him isn’t what will work for me. i’d love his face control and launch conditions, though. 

Centering a driver didn’t guarantee anything. Aoa, dynamic loft and face/path relationship are more important. 
 

You are more than likely delivery a lot of loft at impact, based on your wedge swing if that type of movement occurs i the driver you end up with this type of ball flight. Add in an open face that’s going be really big miss

  • Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are more than likely delivery a lot of loft at impact, based on your wedge swing if that type of movement occurs i the driver you end up with this type of ball flight.

i’ll get a video of a driver swing up here soon. 

thanks for the feedback 

  • Like 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i was a single stuck behind a sloooowwww foursome today, so i had a lot of time on the course. 

i was working on a few things with my driver, and actually had the swing speed radar out on a few holes. 

i’ve come to the realization that i just generate too much spin with my driver and it’s definitely robbing me of distance. 

5AAE356A-0325-4652-90B3-5A9BC2EAA2F5.jpeg.4288c65e54babcb75332b164adf23c91.jpeg79D5D7FA-07EC-460E-A5E4-116F8F901927.jpeg.348efdbb285dc625eb2730165b9fb6c6.jpeg

my on course swing is right around 130, but i’m not seeing near the distances associated with that speed. and i’m talking about well-struck drives that fly straight. 

i had two good drives today - one at 306 and one at 324, measured by shotscope, but more often i get drives that balloon really badly and end up around the 260 mark. 

75DADEF1-EC92-4A90-BD70-9488B1ACF488.png.3ada7dc892915bf33babb982ee48ead9.png

i’ve already got an email out to my coach, and this is one of the things we’re gonna focus on when the off-season rolls around. 

with a 6* driver i shouldn’t see the kinds of apexes i’m getting 

Have you tried changing the height of the tee by as little as 1/8 or 1/16 inch?  Whenever I sky my tee it is always because my clubhead is functioning more as a plow than as a low flying aircraft.  My tee is very low compared to others (a regular partner has tees so long I've suggested he try using a Tee Ball set) and for me as long as I only have just the width of my finger between the bottom of the ball and the turf I can usually find the sweet spot.

  • Like 5

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1    ⛳ 934372551_The-Club-Buddy-Rev-1-0120h.jpg.2e06db61797bee31ed27f49a3b801098.jpg 517658623_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.2d0acde35cce050d2a56a647437d1cfe.jpg  1944240139_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.8c7f11d619e7390fdb8ccdfac6479d58.jpg

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think based on my very limited experience and knowledge, 🙂 placement of your feet in relationship to ball has more to do with the quality of swing than just tee height, or swing speed.  I have found when my left foot is in line with the ball, the end result is always good.  It may not be a 300 yd drive, but it is straight and in the fairway.  Remembering to follow through with the swing is good as well.  If not I'm sending the ball to somewhere right.  WAY RIGHT.  

 

  • Like 3

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

 :cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

                        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This morning my wife, who runs a small craft and photography business on-line, was telling me of a conversation she had yesterday with our part time neighbors about the new "Recovery Act" laws as it pertains to e-commerce tax reporting.  My wife already gets the 1099's forms from her various sales platforms but our neighbor was a bit shocked about the new thresholds (she just started a new business)... which are, shall we say, not subtle.

It's going to get harder to avoid reporting income from online sales (cnbc.com)

It's no secret that the gubberment wants their share of our ill-gotten booty, but wow, from $20k/200 transactions to $600/1 transaction... really?  I wonder how they derived this change?  Sell a used set of irons for $700 and get taxed on $100? I totally get that e-commerce sales created a tax loop-hole of sorts in the last decade and these same goods sold through retail stores would have created tax revenue.  Si in a way, these changes are just catching up to current times.

Anyway, it got me to wondering where this is heading and how far off it will be before stuff we sell on our BST sub forum (or the like) will need to be reported?  How about Craigslist, yard/estate sales?  

Please don't go down the politics lane but just curious what others think about the changes - in particular the not so subtle threshold and whether any attempt to move to other non business ID transactions would be excessive?

I'm doing a look around the house at what I need to unload, quickly 🤣.

Pretty sure the $600 threshold aligns with the number the IRS uses for 1099 contractors. 

  • Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...