revkev

Daylight Savings time!

Daylight savings time equals more golf for me. I basically have three time slots that I might fit a round into - Tuesday afternoon, Friday or Sunday afternoon. Two of those three slots are eliminated when the clocks fall back.

Tomorrow they open back up and I have a 258 time to celebrate with. It will be light until 730 here tomorrow evening.

I love Daylight Savings time! How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Looks like it might be coming to an end in Florida !?!?

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2018/03/06/florida-senate-oks-bill-year-round-daylight-saving-time/400990002/

I'm an early riser so it's been nice to have the sun coming up when I get out of bed.  It's always a bummer when it switches for me but I will appreciate the longer nights...

• Like 2

Growing up in W MI, then living a while in MN & now SC, I’ve always enjoyed DST. Just used to it I suppose. Love the late sunsets.

• Like 3

Hate losing the hour of sleep, but love that extra hour of daylight. If only we never had to switch it back.

• Like 4

I love it. After a couple of days my body gets adjusted. As golfers I think we all should love the extra hour for evening rounds.

• Like 3

I'd rather not have it.  I prefer my early morning rounds and then having the rest of the day to get stuff done.

As a dad of a toddler, this is virtually the only way I can get in 18 on the weekends.  Would be nice if I could tee off at 5am in the summer and be home before 930am

• Sad 1

I love it however being retired I can golf any time

• Like 3

I love it- Love it I tell ya!

In Scotland we can tee off from 04.30am and play up till 11.20PM ish by May/June

Tee-ing off at 9pm and getting a full 18 in is just magical, likewise a 4.30/5am tee off is beautiful, deadly quiet, dew on the ground, birds singing and not a soul to be seen on the course.....

I don't do the 4.30am starts much these days but a 7.30 is also fantastic

• Like 4

I love DST because of the extra hour of daylight BUT I hate the going back and forth - DST to ST and back and forth ...............

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I wish we could just stay in DST all year. 

• Like 7

I wish we could just stay in DST all year. 

Amen! I thought I heard something a while back about certain states trying to make that a thing.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TSauer said:

Amen! I thought I heard something a while back about certain states trying to make that a thing.

Congress should just pass that as a law...

• Like 6

I love it- Love it I tell ya!
In Scotland we can tee off from 04.30am and play up till 11.20PM ish by May/June

Tee-ing off at 9pm and getting a full 18 in is just magical, likewise a 4.30/5am tee off is beautiful, deadly quiet, dew on the ground, birds singing and not a soul to be seen on the course.....
I don't do the 4.30am starts much these days but a 7.30 is also fantastic

Man that sounds absolutely terrible....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Congress should just pass that as a law...

I'm all for it.  More golf in the evening.

Congress HAS to approve a State changing to DST year round.  WA State has a proposal to do this, and if approved by Congress, would go into effect this November.

I've heard that if Congress doesn't approve it, WA State may go to Mountain Standard Time, which is the same result.

• Like 5

Growing up in W MI, then living a while in MN & now SC, I’ve always enjoyed DST. Just used to it I suppose. Love the late sunsets.

I miss the 10:30pm sunsets back home in Michigan! First time my wife went home with me in the summer, she was amazed how late it stays light outside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'd rather not have it.  I prefer my early morning rounds and then having the rest of the day to get stuff done.
As a dad of a toddler, this is virtually the only way I can get in 18 on the weekends.  Would be nice if I could tee off at 5am in the summer and be home before 930am

Boo!!!

• Like 3

I’m SO excited! I can go on the road for work, bring my clubs, and get a round in almost every day!!!! I can’t play much when I get home since I’m gone so much, so this is when i get my rounds in!!!! Woo-hoo! Plus, when it’s 105* heat index, I need the later rounds!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Looks like it might be coming to an end in Florida !?!?

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2018/03/06/florida-senate-oks-bill-year-round-daylight-saving-time/400990002/

I'm an early riser so it's been nice to have the sun coming up when I get out of bed.  It's always a bummer when it switches for me but I will appreciate the longer nights...

This will probably never happen, because the US Congress has to approve it, and currently, or at least the last I heard, it can't even get out of committee in the Senate, and the rest of the country could really care less about what Florida wants.  Especially something this low on the priority list.

since the only time my Tuesday golf group meets is during daylight savings time, I wish it was all year round honestly, because I am very much looking forward to playing with the boys again this coming Tuesday all through the end of September.

• Like 3

I live in the PNW....I don't like it still being light at 10PM during the longer days.   Quit messing with time changes.  Just leave it alone.

I'm all for it.  More golf in the evening.
Congress HAS to approve a State changing to DST year round.  WA State has a proposal to do this, and if approved by Congress, would go into effect this November.
I've heard that if Congress doesn't approve it, WA State may go to Mountain Standard Time, which is the same result.

This is correct - Florida, among other states, has already passed a petition to congress asking for permission to remain on DST.

I knew there would be some opposed to the change and I understand why. It’s the same reason that I’m for it - more golf! It’s very hard for me to play during ST because of my work schedule - like GSwag I have a Tuesday afternoon group that I play with. We start in April and go to late October. (The old DST parameters)

Well I play at 3 today to celebrate. Sorry to the guys who don’t like the change. I think it’s only a matter of time until this becomes permanent because everyone agrees that the back and forth is NG and more prefer the DST.

• Like 3