MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Badly, could not get any Tempo this morning Exec 9.
Putting is still solid.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Badly, could not get any Tempo this morning Exec 9.
Putting is still solid.

It will come back!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Played the same kind of golf on the front - bunt one 260 down the fairway, chippy knockdown to 20-30, 2-putt, go to the next hole.

#GolfGoals.

In all seriousness, I hope the wrist gets better soon. I can't imagine not being able to play the level of golf to which you're accustomed.

• Like 3

Aeration at our course this week - so no play for me. It's a break that i probably needed anyway to catch up on projects. 

• Like 4

It will come back!

MDGolfHacker

Yes it will, hopefully tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After 2 months of rest and rehabbing various injuries, I've got 36 holes under my belt with this nagging TFCC tear and it's definitely a different style of golf than I'm accustomed.
Pre-wrap + athletic tape + wrist widget before touching a club and then it's just chippy swings all the way around the links.
I'm not able to lag the club much yet, so it takes some extra effort from my right side to prevent an early release. And it's safe to say I don't need to worry about the right side of the golf course any time soon. It's very difficult (painful) trying to hit a fade like this but just compressing a golf ball has been cathartic nonetheless.
First 18 holes at my parent's club went surprisingly smooth. Took 1-2 extra clubs from most spots and just tried to hit dead handed knock downs somewhere on the green. (-1) thru the first 10 holes hitting every green - all pars with one stuffed to legit kick-in range on the Par 3, 5th. Wrist started barking at me on the back with bogeys on 16 & 17 after a couple of flinchy swings. Total (+1).
Second 18 was at Barton Creek Foothills (Fazio) with two of my best buddies (college teammates). Just made it to the first tee with enough time to wrap the wrist and let if fly. Played the same kind of golf on the front - bunt one 260 down the fairway, chippy knockdown to 20-30, 2-putt, go to the next hole. Tugged my tee ball left in the oak trees on 6, punch out, good wedge to 10 feet, bad read - bogey. Another bogey on 9, slippery birdie putt down the hill got away from me and hit a poor putt coming back. Flinch tee ball on 10 landed in the center of the lake, proper drop in the rough left 220 yds, followed by another flinch swing with the hybrid into the thick stuff. Another drop, pitched on and 2 putts for triple - suddenly 5 over and not happy. Committed to the fade + pain approach for the remainder and it kept me out of trouble. Gambled on the 270 yard Par 4, 12th - knocked driver on and nearly made a 40 footer for big bird deuce. Another birdie on 17 after a nice tee shot and fought my way up the mountain on 18 with a somewhat ugly closing par. Total (+3).
All-in-all not too bad considering the long layoff and new manufactured impact position. I also had a new putter in the bag because the Bettinardi Armlock is legit painful to properly grip at present.
Feels really good to finally have something to post in this thread again!

Glad to have you back.

• Like 1

A little disappointing, after my recent upswing. But, hey, that's golf amiright?

Went to a funky 9-hole muni haven't played this season or last .. it always seems to go reeeaaallly slloow, plus the maintenance crew is always(??!!??) driving various machines around .. and today was no exception...

But thought I'd give it a try anyway, see how I did compared to previously (yes: we golfers do have an underlying masochistic streak!).

So my goal was just bogey golf on this short, tree-lined Par 32. Mostly did that, but unfortunately, too many simple errors - that I seem to keep repeating - combined with sub-par 😆 ball striking yielded only 1 par to offset 3 doubles ... so finished +2 over bogey golf...

The upside is at least this place has a practice bunker, though the "green" is just clover and crabgrass, but the bunker is a good size and in decent shape. Spent a half hour in there just trying to get 4 balls at a time out a from various spots and anywhere within sight range of the flagstick. Mostly successful but this is an area of my golf game that still needs a lotta work.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, downlowkey said:

After 2 months of rest and rehabbing various injuries, I've got 36 holes under my belt.....

Excellent!! Great to "see" you back in action! Just don't push it too hard, too fast....

And, PS: dude thank you thank you for some feedback you gave me a ways back .. it's been helpful to me to get my golf game moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Aeration at our course this week - so no play for me. It's a break that i probably needed anyway to catch up on projects. 

It's that time of year.   We just work around the courses that haven't aerated and then back to the ones that have healed.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Same here.  Course was closed Monday and it is scheduled to open Wednesday at noon.  However, It rained really hard this morning, which might have delayed the maintenance crews work today.  

I have a round of golf on Thursday morning at Wine Valley GC in Walla Walla, WA.  Great course, as long as it's not windy.  No trees... not one!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, downlowkey said:

After 2 months of rest and rehabbing various injuries, I've got 36 holes under my belt with this nagging TFCC tear and it's definitely a different style of golf than I'm accustomed.

Pre-wrap + athletic tape + wrist widget before touching a club and then it's just chippy swings all the way around the links.

I'm not able to lag the club much yet, so it takes some extra effort from my right side to prevent an early release. And it's safe to say I don't need to worry about the right side of the golf course any time soon. It's very difficult (painful) trying to hit a fade like this but just compressing a golf ball has been cathartic nonetheless.

First 18 holes at my parent's club went surprisingly smooth. Took 1-2 extra clubs from most spots and just tried to hit dead handed knock downs somewhere on the green. (-1) thru the first 10 holes hitting every green - all pars with one stuffed to legit kick-in range on the Par 3, 5th. Wrist started barking at me on the back with bogeys on 16 & 17 after a couple of flinchy swings. Total (+1).

Second 18 was at Barton Creek Foothills (Fazio) with two of my best buddies (college teammates). Just made it to the first tee with enough time to wrap the wrist and let if fly. Played the same kind of golf on the front - bunt one 260 down the fairway, chippy knockdown to 20-30, 2-putt, go to the next hole. Tugged my tee ball left in the oak trees on 6, punch out, good wedge to 10 feet, bad read - bogey. Another bogey on 9, slippery birdie putt down the hill got away from me and hit a poor putt coming back. Flinch tee ball on 10 landed in the center of the lake, proper drop in the rough left 220 yds, followed by another flinch swing with the hybrid into the thick stuff. Another drop, pitched on and 2 putts for triple - suddenly 5 over and not happy. Committed to the fade + pain approach for the remainder and it kept me out of trouble. Gambled on the 270 yard Par 4, 12th - knocked driver on and nearly made a 40 footer for big bird deuce. Another birdie on 17 after a nice tee shot and fought my way up the mountain on 18 with a somewhat ugly closing par. Total (+3).

All-in-all not too bad considering the long layoff and new manufactured impact position. I also had a new putter in the bag because the Bettinardi Armlock is legit painful to properly grip at present.

Feels really good to finally have something to post in this thread again!

Glad to hear that you are back playing.  I "self-diagnosed" TFCC for both wrists because I never did anything to cause them to hurt.  I just work up one morning and both wrists hurt.  But curiously, they didn't hurt much when I played golf; only if I hit my driver off the toe and shaft twisted in my hands.  I kept playing.  My left wrist quit hurting after a couple of weeks, but my right wrist took two months.  I bought the Wrist Widget and wore it all the time, except when I played.  I couldn't hit a straight ball with it on!  This week is the first week that I have no pain. 

• Like 4

It's that time of year.   We just work around the courses that haven't aerated and then back to the ones that have healed.  

I think we’re all done aeration till Spring. Gotta keep Snowbirds happy

• Like 1

Had the season end Senior stroke play tournament today.  Rough start, shooting 43 on the front 9 (2 doubles).  Turned it around on the back and shot a 1 over 37.  80 for the tourney.   Felt like I was striking the ball decent today, particularly my irons, but my putter is really becoming troubling to me.  I don't know if I'm having an aim issue or a path issue, but I'm just missing the edges.  Going to a resort course tomorrow.  Hopefully, my putter will behave 🙂  

• Like 7

Had the season end Senior stroke play tournament today.  Rough start, shooting 43 on the front 9 (2 doubles).  Turned it around on the back and shot a 1 over 37.  80 for the tourney.   Felt like I was striking the ball decent today, particularly my irons, but my putter is really becoming troubling to me.  I don't know if I'm having an aim issue or a path issue, but I'm just missing the edges.  Going to a resort course tomorrow.  Hopefully, my putter will behave   

You have to have”Tough Love” sometimes.
Timeout helps...

• Like 1

No golf! Had a tire blowout on way to 7:20 am Tee Time. Had to call cart service and have cart transported to cart garage.
Going to replace both rear tires.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Been shooting really well of late, lots of low 70’s. Headed out to try again...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I hope to have a post like this one day instead of having a post that starts out 🤬😡🤬😭😢😡...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 8

Low 70’s? You talking my age?
That’s great shootin, keep it going

• Like 4