Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Help me pick a few drivers to test

Ok, so for about a year now I have struggled with a tie side miss on my driver. With my M3, when I strike it, I had some fairly high draws that work perfect. However, if I miss it much at all, it turns into a screaming hook that goes nowhere. I am taking lessons to help fix the strike part, but I have thought about maybe trying a couple other drivers to find something a little more forgiving than my M3 on the toe side. Any recommendations?

in case anyone asks, my M3 is set up with one weight close to the face, and one in the fade setting. I have tried moving the front weight back some, but my spin numbers really jump, and the ball goes much shorter. 

thanks for any input!

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

You'll probably get the 2 most common replies:

1. Fitting or go hit a bunch of drivers yourself cause everybody's swing is different and without seeing LM numbers or even shaft model it's impossible to narrow it down to the culprit

2. People will recommend their gamers as this is what works for them. That being said, i can't be happier with my SZ and you'll find several other members here who think similarly

Good luck!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Ping makes very forgiving drivers, maybe give the the G410 a try. And if spin is an issue the Ping G410 LST.

If you really like your M3 you could also try a different shaft/adjustable weight combo to dial in the forgiveness and spin combo.

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright 

9 hours ago, crope1 said:

Ok, so for about a year now I have struggled with a tie side miss on my driver. With my M3, when I strike it, I had some fairly high draws that work perfect. However, if I miss it much at all, it turns into a screaming hook that goes nowhere. I am taking lessons to help fix the strike part, but I have thought about maybe trying a couple other drivers to find something a little more forgiving than my M3 on the toe side. Any recommendations?

in case anyone asks, my M3 is set up with one weight close to the face, and one in the fade setting. I have tried moving the front weight back some, but my spin numbers really jump, and the ball goes much shorter. 

thanks for any input!

Well that is a though one. 

9 hours ago, Kanoito said:

You'll probably get the 2 most common replies:

1. Fitting or go hit a bunch of drivers yourself cause everybody's swing is different and without seeing LM numbers or even shaft model it's impossible to narrow it down to the culprit

2. People will recommend their gamers as this is what works for them. That being said, i can't be happier with my SZ and you'll find several other members here who think similarly

Good luck!

As @Kanoito said, you are best set getting a driver fitting.

Most of us, will be able to speak on what we like/dislike on our current drivers, but our preferences and experiences with our brands and models will probably not be the same as your experience with the same brands and models. 

I hear great things about the SIM and marvick lines, I had a chance to hit them both recently and the feedback from the simulator, gave me just about the same numbers as my TS2, both drivers felt great, but not worth getting it, just because they were new. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

If you can’t narrow it to a handful of drivers yourself, a fitting is probably your best bet as others have noted. I usually know what I want down to 2-3 makes/models, but I well understand when someone wants to try more options. It’s your $.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Start with 1 or 2 of the tour prevelant brands, then mix in something else like Tour Edge. See if the big boys really out perform.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

9 hours ago, crope1 said:

thanks for any input!

If you like the good shots with the driver,  don't change and continue to fix your swing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m the “get fitted” guy here. I’ve been fitted twice in the last 11 years and it makes WORLDS of difference. If you’re going to drop $$$ on a driver, spend the $100 extra and make SURE that what you buy will work. BUT set expectations with your fitter. What is your max budget? That you don’t want to spend $250 on just a shaft, etc. 

That said, if you don’t have the ability to do a fitting, I play the Ping G410 LST and my miss is a hook and on the toe. I recently dialed it down to 7.5* and installed a KBS TD shaft. 267 carry, 157 ball speed, 2600 spin and 104 height. My dispersion used to be around 60 yards wide and now it’s closer to 25-30. HUGE difference for me. 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

IMO, the shaft is the ice cream of the sundae, the head is the whipped cream and the nuts.

My driver fitting in June was all about finding the right shaft(Mitsubishi Tensei TX 60 gram) from there we tested heads, but that was just fine tuning. The difference between the best head for my swing (Ping G410 plus) and the worst for my swing(Titleist TS4) was maybe 9 yards carry and 300 rpms spin: these marginal differences only made a difference once I found the shaft that optimized my swing.

My advice would be to hit your current gamer head with as many different shafts as possible, and see if any of the new heads beat your current gamer with an optimized shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Take a roll with the TrueFit online mygolfspy fitting machine gizmo.

You never know.

Didn't work for me, but I read where some have had success with it.

I went from an M1 that I liked a lot and slid into a Cobra F9 and was disappointed up until I tinkered with the settings a bit - then Ka-pow ! It is the best driver I have ever owned and I worship at the alter of my old 983K (which did tell me to let go and move on when I started missing the middle too often)

F9, Epic Flash, Ping, M5, TE Exotics EXS 2nd version - should be good options.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

The two I found forgiving was the Callaway Epic Flash ( have not hit the Marick but heard similar comments) and the Cobra SZ Speedzone Extreme. I bought the Flash as you can get really good deals on them at the moment.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Ping G410...very forgiving

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft