Jordan Speith's Hand Injury

Our Sponsors

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wonder why he didn't want the surgery. Maybe the outcome wouldn't have been 100%? Lot's of athletes have bounced back from surgery - most recently Jessica Korda so there had to be something 'there'. 

As bad as Jessica's surgery was it was not on a limb or extremity having to do with the golf swing. Hers was lower jaw reconstruction. But still I will concurr any kind of surgery puts stress on the mind and body

• Like 5

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I would think the surgery was a 3 month recovery vs the watch and wait see if you can play through it. The bone should heal up if your not lifting of 6-10 weeks. If you look at it that way the pain is the only negative from the bone standpoint. Once the bone is chipped it’s chipped. Bone reforms with pressure. Looks like the big thing that suffered was his game at the time. Positive and negatives to everything

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS3 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Could that be another 'rules violation' for Reed (re: sarcasm) 

Just goes to prove... that Patrick Reed is quite the innovator in his quest to find new and unproven ways to win! 🤣  In his defense, I don't think he grounded the finger... he merely hovered it and unintentionally graved Jordan...

• Haha 3

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

8 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I would think the surgery was a 3 month recovery vs the watch and wait see if you can play through it. The bone should heal up if your not lifting of 6-10 weeks. If you look at it that way the pain is the only negative from the bone standpoint. Once the bone is chipped it’s chipped. Bone reforms with pressure. Looks like the big thing that suffered was his game at the time. Positive and negatives to everything

And trust me I have learned from my recent experience the older you are the longer it takes to heal.  It has been 11 months and I am about 80% the bones are healed and the disc is about 90% back inflated. Still have what may be permanant nerve damage. I am supposed in the next few weeks to be going to a different Doc for a second opinion

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

And trust me I have learned from my recent experience the older you are the longer it takes to heal.  It has been 11 months and I am about 80% the bones are healed and the disc is about 90% back inflated. Still have what may be permanant nerve damage. I am supposed in the next few weeks to be going to a different Doc for a second opinion

Best of luck going forward. Nerve and low back or neck dysfunction are a crap shoot unfortunately. Anatomy can be fixed but sometimes the damage is hard to undo. 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS3 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder