Does Your Significant Other Golf?

Back in the late 1990's we joined a country club so I could play golf and we could meet new people that weren't associated where we both worked.   Before that, my wife would play once or twice a year when work required it.   A condition of us joining is that I could only give golf advice if asked (which I agreed to).  She took lessons and we played together once or twice a month at the nine-hole Friday night scotch social tournaments.   I would typically play on Saturdays, but she never had the desire to invest four hours playing golf on a regular basis.   If we visited friends who played golf, she would play 18 for the social aspect of the game.  On weekend we were running errands and she wanted to go to a local driving range and golf retail store.  I looked at her a little shocked as we had a driving range at the club.  Once inside, she went searching for a new driver!  In the used bins she found a senior men's Great Big Bertha driver (at that point it had only been out a few years).  She took it out on the range and ended up buying it.  When we returned to the car, I looked at her and said "now you know how it feels!"  She never questioned a purchase one of my golf club purchases again.

When we quit the country club (turns out that we didn't necessarily like the new people we met), she drifted away from golf.  Fast forward too many years and now we each find ways of better using the time that I play golf.  I play early mornings.  She goes to the beach with her friends and yard sales.  In the end, we both get to do what we each like and then join back up together for lunch.   That's the true definition of a win-win!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

MY WIFE, does NOT play golf. However, she has joined me once to watch me fumble over myself, and enjoy the greatest OOF shot moments too. But she is not interested in golf other than allowing me to enjoy it when possible.  She tolerates the youtube golf for entertainment purposes, and leaves the room when an actual tournament is available for me to watch. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

My wife does not golf and has zero desire to play golf.  

She is fine with my addiction to the game;  we each have our interests that we do separately and we have things we do together.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mine has an interest, but has only played a couple times with me through the years.

She will watch it on TV, and goes along with me at time, knowing that the course doesn't allow walking.

She likes to see the beauty of nature, and the layout of the courses.

She will also tag along if I go to practice, to sometimes video what I may be working on, or to comment on what she sees both good and not so good.

We also have other common shared interests, and also do our own things individually.

One major reason she doesn't play at this time is because she had a poor experience while playing before we met, where someone was critical of her and the other women she was playing with at the time for being poor players and too slow.

She doesn't want that to happen again.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

My wife has jokingly mentioned taking up the game this past year after hitting a few shots at the scramble we organize and doing pretty well. I researched women's clubs for a bit for her, but it's died down.

Maybe next year once our youngest is off to college she'll think about it again. She knows I love to invest time and $$ into my hobbies (you should see how much musical and recording gear we have here) but since it gets me out of the house and walking, and allows me to spend some quality time with our son, she has no problem with it. My hobbies are my only vice - I don't go out drinking with buddies, I don't smoke, I'm not a car fanatic or anything else like that so she's OK with me buying new clubs on occasion, or parts for my bikes, or new guitar pedals. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

My wife doesn't play and has zero interest in playing. She doesn't care how much I play and last year gave me two rounds in Myrtle Beach for my birthday and went with me to Myrtle Beach, she just did something else while I played.

She does enjoy watching golf on TV.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

My wife has expressed interest in golf and we bought her some new to her clubs and she has hit them a few times.  It is challenging to both go with 2 younger kids.  I think she enjoys going to ride in the cart with me more than actually wanting to learn to play.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

My wife comes out with me a handful of times per year which is really fun. She doesn’t keep a score and it’s just a nice way to spend some time together kid free. She will never take it as seriously as me which I am OK with. She’s also pretty decent for never practicing lol

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Back in the late 1990's we joined a country club so I could play golf and we could meet new people that weren't associated where we both worked.   Before that, my wife would play once or twice a year when work required it.   A condition of us joining is that I could only give golf advice if asked (which I agreed to).  She took lessons and we played together once or twice a month at the nine-hole Friday night scotch social tournaments.   I would typically play on Saturdays, but she never had the desire to invest four hours playing golf on a regular basis.   If we visited friends who played golf, she would play 18 for the social aspect of the game.  On weekend we were running errands and she wanted to go to a local driving range and golf retail store.  I looked at her a little shocked as we had a driving range at the club.  Once inside, she went searching for a new driver!  In the used bins she found a senior men's Great Big Bertha driver (at that point it had only been out a few years).  She took it out on the range and ended up buying it.  When we returned to the car, I looked at her and said "now you know how it feels!"  She never questioned a purchase one of my golf club purchases again.

When we quit the country club (turns out that we didn't necessarily like the new people we met), she drifted away from golf.  Fast forward too many years and now we each find ways of better using the time that I play golf.  I play early mornings.  She goes to the beach with her friends and yard sales.  In the end, we both get to do what we each like and then join back up together for lunch.   That's the true definition of a win-win!

Oh, I definitely adhere to the "no golf advice given unless specifically asked to give it" rule!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

My partner is an avid golfer also, she is limited by physical ailments generally but that gotten much better. She sits around 25-30 HCP. She picked it up really quickly and towards the end of this season almost broke 90 which was absolutely incredible. We like to watch LIV together, LPGA as well as some PGA tournaments. Big shout out to @LBee

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

My wife doesn’t golf.  She has had great lessons when she started, a decent swing and nice set of 10+ year old Callaway clubs.  But she has zero desire to spend 4.5 hours on the course.  

Not sure she will ever take it up again.  

She does roll her eyes when a box with obvious golf branding shows up on our door step every 2-3 weeks.  🤣  Fortunately, she has not referred me to some golf addiction counselling clinic…

Edited by KC Golf
Typo

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

SWMBO plays way more golf than i do.  She never played until we got married and became obsessed and very competitive.  She is now an 11 and plays above that when her putting and chipping cooperate. 

@MDGolfHacker can be my witness as he and i were trounced by her and one of her regular tourney partners last year.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My wife has golfed and occasionally she will accompany the kids and I to the driving range, but there is only room in any family for one person to be completely ate up with the obsession and addiction that is golf. So she mostly avoids it, because if we were both obsessed and addicted, the entire family dynamic would be out of balance 😁

In all seriousness, she expressed an interest in playing more frequently, so now that the kids are older, she and I will mix in some Sunday afternoon 9 hole walking rounds at the local muni, this coming season

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

My wife plays, but she's just out there more socially than trying to be a serious golfer.  She plays in 5 or 6 scrambles a year for work, and we play on a couples league that is also a scramble format.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Many of you know my wife plays golf and have heard this before, so here's the short version...

My wife started playing golf in 1963.  Her whole family played; 5 older brothers, older sister, mom and dad.  Her dad was club champion at 3 country clubs; Spokane CC, Manito CC and Hayden Lake, ID.  She played PowerBilt persimmon woods and blades (still has them) until I met her in 2002 at our local dog track 9-hole course.  She played with us guys and we shamed her into a set of new Cobras.  We dated and on April 1, 2006, I proposed to her on the 1st tee.  Yes, she asked if I meant it on April 2.  🤣  A year later we got married on the same 1st tee and have been traveling and playing golf ever since.

She plays much more these days than I do (she's 9 years younger). She plays when it's cold and windy; I try not to!!   She has been our club's Ladies Match Play Champion the last two years and missed out as Club Champion by one shot twice.  Her lowest score is 82 at our course and usually breaks 90.  I will say that she has only beaten me a handful of times over the years when she plays very well and I have one of those sucky days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife does not play golf but she has expressed slight interest giving it a try. She supports my golf addiction well and rides along with me in the car a few times each season. I recently regripped a set of my old irons for her but we never had the chance to actually get her out to hit them. Maybe we can change that in the spring.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Yeah my other 1/2 (or domestic line management) if you like plays. We actually met playing but that’s another story. 

Very much a fair weather golfer so not much now, apart from odd trip to range and indoor simulator - but come March onwards hopefully back out and playing. Quite nice to play 9 in summer evenings, grab a beer and chill… 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

My wife is a natural athlete. She had never really ice skated, but picked up ice hockey in college and still plays with guys even though we both turned 50 this year. In fact, my 2 sons (18 and 23), me, and my wife actually all got to play in a game together 2 weeks ago and she more than held her own playing at a level well above where she normally plays.

All that said, she is also a pretty good golfer. She regularly wins her Ladies' Evening Golf Group and at worst finishes 2nd or 3rd. Unfortunately, she is VERY hard on herself and gets frustrated a lot faster than she should given her normal talent level. Were she to practice at all, she'd be a 3-5 handicap along with me, but even without it, she's a 10-13 depending on the month.

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15° 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour

My Soon-To-Be-Wife does not really play, but she is as supportive as they get with my obsession. 

I bought her a pretty basic set of Top Flite clubs to allow her to accompany me on the course/at the range, but that has only happened twice at the range so far. She is incredibly supportive when it comes to my frequency of play, which was at about 3x per week during the late spring/summer. She even encourages me to (reasonably) spend our $$$ on new equipment and rounds of golf. She thinks it's a good investment, to which I have no objections!

She is very interested in the sport for someone who has never really played any sports. Or, at the very least, she tolerates me explaining everything that goes through my head that is golf-related. She will happily watch majors on TV and listen to me explain why "that was a great shot", etc. This year she actually came with me to play a few Saturday morning rounds as my "caddy" and chauffeur, as she enjoyed driving the cart but just watching me play. Looking forward to getting on the course with her more next year when we are in a more golf-accessible location!

D : Cobra LTDx Max

FW : Stealth 3 Fairway + Big Bertha #7 Hybrid (lol, I know)

Irons : Too Old (Cobra AMP Cell 4-GW)

Wedges : Need Some Recs! Cobra AMP Cell GW Wilson Harmonized 56

Putter : Huntington Beach Soft 11

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Read my 2023 Titleist White Box Review!

My wife doesn't golf, but has expressed interest in trying it out more in the future. The past two years she has actually played in our family's annual golf tournament (she didn't keep score and picked up whenever she wanted). It helped that my sister and brother-in-law were the other half of our foursome as well.

I've joked about getting her a set of clubs to practice at the driving range and she said that could be a fun activity to do together (weather permitting, of course). We've also played mini golf before and she beat me one time - she never lets me forget it...

Otherwise, she's been very supportive of my golf hobby and usually lets me go out plenty throughout the year as long as it doesn't conflict with other plans. 

Eventually, I think it would be nice to join a couples league in the distant future. For now I think we'll stick to mini golf and the driving range until she gets bit by the golfing bug.

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

My wife doesn't really golf any longer however, she enjoys the game & quite supportive encouraging me to get out and play. She really likes that I play with a group of guys who only walk.  One really cool thing about my wife, even though she doesn't play, she has caddied for me in a couple of US Senior Open Qualifiers.  She really enjoys caddying and is good at it as well.  Unfortunately she doesn't read greens very well 🤣!   Since the qualifiers are walking, she enjoys the walk too, has a positive attitude & attempts to keep me positive as well. 
Funny story - first time wife is caddying for me, at a qualifier 1st hole was - 333 yd par 4, downhill shot, water all along right side, tall grass on left side just outside rough.  I'm contemplating hitting a 5 wood or driver. I look at her, should I hit 5 or Driver?  Without missing a beat, she grabs the driver, takes the head cover off & pushes the driver at me and says: "Go for it"!  So I hit the driver! lol!

The last couple of getaways we did for our anniversary, she chose locations where I could play at least one round of golf & she drives the cart.  What a good lady!  I'm lucky! 

She's ok not playing golf. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

My wife has no real interest in the game and that’s ok lol. She’s asked a couple times about the range and I have encouraged it but she worries about not being very good ) I told her no one is really very good lol)

She laughs at the obsession but gets it. I’ve explained it here just like I’ve explained it to her, golf is the unwind, competitive thing that keeps me even (and her of course!) she gets that and supports the addiction. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

My wife has no real interest in the game and that’s ok lol. She’s asked a couple times about the range and I have encouraged it but she worries about not being very good ) I told her no one is really very good lol)

She laughs at the obsession but gets it. I’ve explained it here just like I’ve explained it to her, golf is the unwind, competitive thing that keeps me even (and her of course!) she gets that and supports the addiction. 

Similar here.  My wife wants to play for the social aspect especially with our daughter loving to play.  She wants to get out and swing but she is certainly not aspiring to be anything more than someone who hits some shots and has fun.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

19 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Similar here.  My wife wants to play for the social aspect especially with our daughter loving to play.  She wants to get out and swing but she is certainly not aspiring to be anything more than someone who hits some shots and has fun.

My son is into it and my daughter is getting there, time will tell. I think she would be the one to come on the course and ride and read a book while we play lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My wife plays but not to the level/desire/obsession that I do. She has been fitted, takes occasional lessons but hates to practice. The 2 of us will go out weekly plus we play in a mixed couples group every Saturday and all club events.  She took up the game when the 2 of us retired - so late in life. Best part of her game is her drive and putting.  Interestingly, she prefers to play 18.  

Edit: Forgot to mention - she really likes watching the Pros play - both PGA and LPGA AND loves going to PGASS - of course she immediately goes to the discount clothes rack - I on the other hand am in the equipment section. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife Kelly is really not interested in playing. She has thought about it a couple times, but says she is not interested. I know she would enjoy walking 18 with me, so maybe soon we will do that!

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

My wife golfs a bit. She’s not into it as much as I am but she’ll come out to range sometimes and probably plays 9 holes once or twice a month. She doesn’t play enough get better so she tends to get frustrated that she’s not getting better and will take a month off or 2 off. It’s a vicious cycle lol. But she does enjoy being on the course and I’ve found that if we turn it into a scramble she has a lot more fun. 

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on)