Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That makes sense!

(..not that I'll ever get there .. unless I stop counting about halfway thru the back 9 🤪🤣)

@GolfSpy_APH what do you think?

Maybe it should be a wanna break par badge 🤣

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

Seemed to be a bit of a struggle at times but I’m still happy to be playing golf. Shot a 46/44 - 90 yesterday afternoon that included only two pars and two doubles. I really just couldn’t get myself into a comfort zone and missed a lot of greens. Add in some inconsistent chipping and the strokes tally up quickly. Both of the pars were the exception to that with great up & down chips to set up tap in pars. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Played this past Sunday morning with my dad - our usual Sunday round. We got the last 4-some of the day due to a shotgun start outing starting at 1pm. Our usual playing partners oddly enough never showed, so dad and I got to go out as a 2-some following the initial 7 4-somes that were out ahead of us.

My day started off pretty well, from a ball striking perspective. First two holes were GIR (that first hole is almost never a GIR for me), but both then followed with 3 putts. 😞 Things didn't go downhill from there luckily, but it was a mixed bag of striking. I caught some fat, a couple thin, but for the most part I kept the ball in play with better decisions and slightly better ball striking than in the past. I think that practice session on Friday helped me on that front. Plus I started adding a takeaway/hip turn slow partial practice swing to my iron routine to remember the work my swing coach and I are doing with my iron swing to help get more turn in the downswing.

3 pars, 11 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 1 hole I'd like to forget. 47/47/94 was my final count. 3 lost ball penalties (2 on the same hole) and a few extra shorter putts I let slip away cost me a score in the 80's. But my striking was better, my 3w off the tee was a bit longer and straighter, and other than those 2 really bad holes I played good golf. Things are trending in the right direction I believe.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter: Maltby Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Played Windmill this morning with another friend of mine. Much better than Sunday and my new swing saw some progress with distance gains with the iron.

Carded a 44/43 87 from the blues.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My ball striking was a little off last night, I was only 1/9 GIR.  I did manage to chip and putt well enough to scratch out a 3 over 38 and win my league match by a stroke though.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

On 9/18/2023 at 4:50 PM, cnosil said:

Most players have a difference of about 17 strokes between best and worst rounds; even PGA pros.  

Almost did that in the same day Monday. Round #1 35/42 for a 77. Round #2 46/43 for a 89. Difference of 12 strokes in a matter of about 6 hours.

Edited by Swood1994

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

10 hours ago, Shlax said:

Putter was on fire today. Had 28 putts which is a record low for me. All my 1st putts left me easy closeout putts. Notable putts are listed below.

• Tap-in par following 30’ putt on the 2nd hole.
  • 20-25’ birdie putt on the 3rd hole.
  • 15’ birdie putt on the 7th hole.
  • 20-25’ par save putt on the 8th hole.
  • Tap-in bogey following a 50’ putt on the 13th hole (penalty stroke on this hole).
  • 10-12’ curler birdie putt on the 17th hole.

I managed to get myself out of multiple bad situations thanks to my iron play as my driver continued to make my golf life absolutely miserable. I am at a loss for words describing this area of my game…

Had 3 birdies, 7 pars, 4 bogeys and 4 double bogeys.

Shot 38 (+2) & 43 (+7) for 81 (+9) and 3 penalty strokes.

probably over 100 feet of putts for you... way to go

committed to performance excellence

40/39 at Desert Springs this morning. It was only 3 strokes worse than my round there yesterday but that 79 sure felt like an 89.  Never seemed to find a groove today, three 3 putts, shorted approaches, and only a single birdie on #18.  Shots on line but off distance and off line right on distance ruled the day 🤪. My positive takeaway is another sub 80 round.  Looking back only 6 months ago, and my back muscle problem, I was struggling to shoot 80... so things could be worse.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Well, arrived in Hawaii yesterday late afternoon (late evening by my normal clock). Went to the Kona Country Club this morning to make some reservations and wouldn’t you know it…. Tuesday of this week they aerated the greens. So, not sure how they are gonna roll but we will do our best. Go figure. First round is schedule tomorrow morning at 0908 (3:08pm by my home time - still acclimating). Will post later tomorrow as to the conditions and how it goes.

That is all….

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (10/N)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

20 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

Well, arrived in Hawaii yesterday late afternoon (late evening by my normal clock). Went to the Kona Country Club this morning to make some reservations and wouldn’t you know it…. Tuesday of this week they aerated the greens. So, not sure how they are gonna roll but we will do our best. Go figure. First round is schedule tomorrow morning at 0908 (3:08pm by my home time - still acclimating). Will post later tomorrow as to the conditions and how it goes.

That is all….

Bah! Damn aeration schedule. I am sure it won't detract from the fact you are playing in paradise. 😏

Have a great time!

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: Testing default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges Go here to learn more!

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: TBD

On 9/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, BallsLeon said:

Played 9 holes after work tonight at Falcon Valley. It's a really well put together 9 hole course, and this was my fourth time playing. I managed to string together a PB score beating my previous best by 5 strokes (50 previous).
The first 4 holes were an absolute roller coaster, and then I managed to adjust and finish out pretty solid.
This course doesn't have any range, and starts out with a pretty tricky par 5; so you never know what you're going to get. Today, I went with a 275yd fade (crushed for me) with a tremendous bounce and roll out into the water right. Got on to the green from my drop but three putted from there to set the tone. Recovered with a par on a par 3 only to triple bogey a par 4 and double bogey a par 5.
Highlight of the night would be hole 6. Had a nice drive but left it out right a bit about 65yds back of the green in the rough. Skulled my approach shot with the 60° to land in the tall grass behind the green. Managed a great recovery shot from the tall grass, landed before the hole and nearly went in but I managed about 7-8ft putt to close out par.

Got out for another 9 to post this score. Played Heart of America - River Course, maybe the busiest 9 hole course in the KC metro but they have cheap rounds and easy to walk. On paper this course is easier than Falcon Valley (especially from the forward tees), but for me this course is very compact with trees on the perimeter and untamed natural grass scattered throughout, pretty easy for me to miss the fairway. (Falcon Valley, White tees - 34.7 course/122 slope & HoA, Yellow tees 31.3 course/96 slope)

Putting continues to be a nightmare, but I managed to keep it under 50, phew! Looked at birdie three times today (and possibly an eagle chance), but I decided that's too flashy and went for par .😁

image.png.da578000025d5ef9e837a8b0959f1747.png

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (45.5")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, Reg flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft, :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip (34")
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Got taken to Top Golf by my mates for my Bucks Party. I quickly figured out trying to play any game against my very new-to-golf friends wasn't going to be overly fun because I was flogging them, so I switched to going full send and literally swinging for the fences. 

Very proud to report that I was asked kindly by the staff to not hit any more balls over the back fence 😂. Speed training has really paid off apparently. 

After that I switched to drinking some very nice ginger beers with whisky chasers and mostly spent the rest of the night trying to see how high I could hit a lob wedge. 

Great session, I rate it 10/10.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Another solid low 80s outing.  42/41 83.  Overall my game has cleaned up a lot but I'm still having trouble shaking the bogey+ holes. 

Shot scope has been very handy in helping me finally diagnose this.  Its showing me that I gain strokes on 5 index off the tee and green, but am getting killed on approach and short approach.  Make a mistake off the tee and my approach game isn't capable of bailing me out (specifically from beyond 170 yards).  It spirals, miss the green with my third, and I end up with a weird short approach shot to get on the green with my fourth.  Weird enough that I struggle to get within 1 putt range.   I've been working hard on this from a couple angles -- the obvious one being working on long irons & hybrids -- the less obvious one being hitting a high percentage short or mid iron to a specific distance and lie that I hit the green from more often.  (57% from 100-150 yards from the fairway).   Long irons and hybrids were much, much better today.  Hit the green from 218.  😀 and made par.  Decided to lay up on a couple others (including after a bad tee shot) and also made par.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Finally got out yesterday, been a few weeks, crazy last couple weeks of life. Shot 85 but felt WAY worse than that, so can't complain I guess. Only 1 birdie, should have had a few but burning edges on putts like crazy, and 2 doubles that were both 3 putts. Short game was a bit off, rust I guess. Have a great weekend.

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

7 hours ago, Fongle said:

Got taken to Top Golf by my mates for my Bucks Party. I quickly figured out trying to play any game against my very new-to-golf friends wasn't going to be overly fun because I was flogging them, so I switched to going full send and literally swinging for the fences. 

Very proud to report that I was asked kindly by the staff to not hit any more balls over the back fence 😂. Speed training has really paid off apparently. 

After that I switched to drinking some very nice ginger beers with whisky chasers and mostly spent the rest of the night trying to see how high I could hit a lob wedge. 

Great session, I rate it 10/10.

What is a "Buck's Party"... I'm guessing Aussie for bachelor's party?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

14 hours ago, ZoonORama said:

That is all….

Anytime in Hawaii is good

Dennis