Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

How'd I play...like crap

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Over 6800, yea.... 5600 not so much

when your in your 70's 6,000 yards isn't short anymore

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The past few rounds I have stayed under 100 which I'm really happy about. I have only been playing since last November and today I shot 90. I could of broke 90 if I would of just keep using my 3 wood on the tee box. It has been really good for my lately very straight and only about 190-200 yards but nope I got greedy and wanted to smash my driver. Which has been so inconsistent and what do you know the 3 times I did, it cost me hard hook on all 3. But overall I was very happy!!

No birdies on the day. Wasn't unhappy with the rest of the round, just my short game.

Here is the situation. Playing skins with 4 others and the hole is a 553 yard par 5 playing downwind. Hit great drive and I am about 250 out from the green. All the other players hit poor second shots. I pull 5 iron to basically layup and avoid trouble, but listened to one of my playing partners who said that I should see if I can reach in two. Stupid me switches to 3 wood. I end up hitting the 3 wood fat and with and open face and push the ball right into the water. Drop puts me 150 out. Played for the middle but ended up flying the green by about 20 feet. Blade the chip shot into the bunker on the other side of the green. Leave next shot in the bunker. Hit 2nd shot from bunker to 10 feet. 2 putts for a solid 9.

Oh boy... Did you assess yourself a +2 penalty for receiving advice during a round?

::I duck as you take a swing at me::

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

The past few rounds I have stayed under 100 which I'm really happy about. I have only been playing since last November and today I shot 90. I could of broke 90 if I would of just keep using my 3 wood on the tee box. It has been really good for my lately very straight and only about 190-200 yards but nope I got greedy and wanted to smash my driver. Which has been so inconsistent and what do you know the 3 times I did, it cost me hard hook on all 3. But overall I was very happy!!

Wow... Really nice!! Been playing a few years and am struggling .. getting closer, but still struggling .. to play under 100 consistently.... Congrats!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Played last night and shoot a pretty solid 42, 42. I normally have too many blow-up holes but manged to minimize that a bit. I was still hitting woods pretty well but irons continue to be a struggle. The highlight was an eagle on the par 5 10th (no irons required - driver, hybrid, putter).

Don't you hate it when you think you have a six iron but hit the ball about 30 yards short because you actually have a 9 in your hands? Yeah, I did that. Still managed a par out of the deal, but pretty much felt like a dumba$$.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Wow... Really nice!! Been playing a few years and am struggling .. getting closer, but still struggling .. to play under 100 consistently.... Congrats!

I think what helped me out the most was I started taking lessons from the local golf pro at the course.

... Played yesterday with my 26 yr old son who hasn't broken 90. He shot a 40 the front 9 and was really in a groove and talked about bearing 80 LOL. We go to the back and find out a League is still teeing off and has 3 more groups to go so we had to sit for 1/2 hr and lost all our rhythm. He shot 50 on the back 9 which took almost 3 hours behind the league after a 1:45 minute front 9. I think he learned a lesson about playing it one shot at a time and not looking ahead as the pressure kept mounting with every bad shot. Back at it today...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Oh boy... Did you assess yourself a +2 penalty for receiving advice during a round?

::I duck as you take a swing at me::

Let me adjust that to an 11 :(  :wacko:

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wow what a wild ride of a match I had today. I'm not used to playing in the A group and there was some serious competition going on. Here's the highlights.

Hole 1 (5) I dropped a birdie putt on top of my opponents birdie

Hole 2 (4) matching pars

Hole 3 (3) I dunked my tee shot in the water then holed a short sided shot for par from the drop zone

Hole 4 (4) topped the tee shot into the tall stuff, chopped out 10 feet, hit a 6 iron the entire length of the fairway, chipped it within 6" for a gimme bogey

Hole 5 (4) took a snowman to go down 1

Hole 6 (3) matched doubles

Hole 7 (5) matched pars

Hole 8 (4) matched bogeys but won the hole due to handicap

Hole 9 (4) bogey won the hole

So I got a point for holes and lost a point for strokes. I've been spending so much time on my driver, wedges, and putter that I forgot how to hit irons. Ugh!!!

PS. My partner had his opponent shoot even on him so he definitely lost on strokes but managed to half holes. He was in his own head big-time and I had to psych him up so bad on the last hole to force the tie.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Shot 81 today. Hit almost every fairways but miss a few more greens than usual. Bleeding a bit for a few holes and caught myself thinking too much so I reset on the 13th. A few bad luck on drives in the fairways but blocked by some trees. A few birdies help this round for sure.

Trying not to get upset about a few poorly executed shots backfired because I got lazier on the following shots. It was a good learning experience. My new playing partners of a few weeks, kept apologizing as they thought that they were the cause of my poor performance. I said no, it happens to everyone and I hope that they learn from it.

At the end of the round they asked me to evaluate the round, I said I had a good round, I made 3 birdies, I was in 6 bunkers scrambled 3 of them and I put out the smoke before it turned into a wildfire. It was a good performance for a poor score. Most important I forgot most bad shots before in hit the next ones.

I learned something. Pat on my back :)

Let me adjust that to an 11 :( :wacko:

Oh no... I really was just joking - especially after you'd already beat yourself up for taking the wrong club / wrong shot....

Also, learned in another topic on Handicaps about ESC .. so if you're counting a net score for a handicap then there's an upper limit per hole, depending on your current handicap.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Oh no... I really was just joking - especially after you'd already beat yourself up for taking the wrong club / wrong shot....

Also, learned in another topic on Handicaps about ESC .. so if you're counting a net score for a handicap then there's an upper limit per hole, depending on your current handicap.

i know you were joking.   I want to play well,  but I don't take bad scores that personally.  It is part of the game.  

Yes,  ESC was taken into consideration; The Grint app automatically handles that for you and counted it as a 7 for handicap purposes.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

i know you were joking.   I want to play well,  but I don't take bad scores that personally.  It is part of the game.  

Yes,  ESC was taken into consideration; The Grint app automatically handles that for you and counted it as a 7 for handicap purposes.

I thought it's an homage to spinal tap :)

League tonight....2 man 3/3/3 event

1sr 3 holes - best ball

Next 3 - Modified Alternate Shot

Last 3 - Scramble

I made 4 putts over 15 feet including a 65 foot triple breaking snake.

We finished at 4 under to take first place.....my 3rd straight win!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Played 8 today (ran outta time before accupuncture app't) .. some good, some not so good... You know: "GOLF"!!!

Putting has generally been solid, not spectacular but usually averaging 2 putts per hole. Wedges, when I needed them today, were ok.

Big problems (still...) are tee shots and second shots - I'm capable of hitting good shots (and sometimes do) but just cannot do it consistently enough (yet???).

Ended at +12 (45) after 8 holes after opening with a Quad (OUCH!!!). Straightforward Par 4, too. Had...

2 Pars

2 Bogeys

3 Doubles

1 Quad

16 putts (1 x 3-putt, on that Quad)

Two of the Doubles were after I fluffed my approaches into greenside bunkers. Got out in one but didn't carry them far enough so had to chip again... So each of those bunkers was a 2-shot penalty for me.

On a bright note, though, even tho I ended up in a greenside bunker on #8, a Par 5, after a weak third shot .. BUT .. .. popped it out nicely and it even ran a bit towards the hole .. followed by a solid 1-putt! Yea!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Played an early 9 B4 Physical Therapy. Hot & Humid so glad we only did the 9. Shot a 41 and was happy with it. I wasn't really striking ball well but putting was pretty good. Greens were awesome.

Picking up new Ping G400 irons tomorrow!! That's a big day.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played an early 9 B4 Physical Therapy. Hot & Humid so glad we only did the 9. Shot a 41 and was happy with it. I wasn't really striking ball well but putting was pretty good. Greens were awesome.

Picking up new Ping G400 irons tomorrow!! That's a big day.

I'm looking forward to your bonding time with the G400 irons.  My next set of irons just might be Ping and I'm impressed with what I hear so far.  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm looking forward to your bonding time with the G400 irons. My next set of irons just might be Ping and I'm impressed with what I hear so far. ;)

K

Let u know soon.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot 45 last night in the final regular season night of League.

I went into the round 3 points out of the last spot for the playoffs, which begin next week.

Not sure if the net 36 will get me in the top 7 for the week, which is what it'll probably take.

Had 2 disappointing doubles, that really derailed the round. One was a very solid drive on a par 5 that took an unfortunate bounce into a hazard.

The other was just a horrible wedge shot out of some knarly rough.

Putted very well all night. Didn't really miss a putt inside 8 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

IMG_1623.PNG

After last week I needed to get another solid round in. Went out early this morning and played SO much better! Pitted extremely well even though the greens had been punched and sanded. Drove with my 5W mostly today as this was a short course, averaged about 240 off the tee so that helped keep my approaches short. I feel so much better now. All my doubles (4) were from poor tee shots.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

42 + 43 = 85 today.   That's pretty much my average score these days.  I had back to back double bogies on eight & nine. Bogied ten then three double bogies in a row and then made pars in from there.  The good thing is I had one greenie and won the only leg in the rabbit. Dollar on the greenie and four dollars on the leg as we were playing a fivesome. My Hugh shot 35 on the front and 42 on the back for 77 and he lost five bucks today....  lol    

Cleveland

K

Let u know soon.

Bonding starts tomorrow morning IMG_1318.JPGIMG_1319.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

Bonding starts tomorrow morning attachicon.gifIMG_1318.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1319.JPG

Awesome looking bag cuz!   

Cleveland

That's a beautiful set. I also love the putter. Unfortunately it looks backward to me. :)

Actually, I have a set on left handed irons, my daughter first 18 months, she grabs everything with her left hand an I entertained the thought of raising a lefty so when a good deal came on callaway preowned I picked one up. It was not pretty but I could have pulled it off.

Played the first of my back to back rounds today. It was so hot today I could feel my cheeks getting sunburnt. I didn't play as poor as the weather shooting 37-36 one over trading a few birdies for bogeys and filled the rest with pars. Listening to a Jack Reacher on audible in between shots. I hit beautiful bunker shots today and wishing it'd stay like this for the rest of the year.

Today was the second day of the second round of the playoffs for my companies golf league.  We were down by 8 to -3 after  day one where one of the players on the other team shot 6 under his handicap for 9 holes.  Knowing we had to play well to get a come from behind victory I shot a -2 with 3 birdies and a bogey to score a net -4 for our team.  Unfortunately we were unable to get the victory as a second player shot a net -6 and we lost 14 to -9.

My round was almost ideal.  Solid off the tee, solid iron shots and solid putting.   Hit only 2 bad shots on the round but the followup shots were on target.   Hoping I can continue this play for the foreseeable future.

Shot 45 last night in the final regular season night of League.

I went into the round 3 points out of the last spot for the playoffs, which begin next week.

Not sure if the net 36 will get me in the top 7 for the week, which is what it'll probably take.

Had 2 disappointing doubles, that really derailed the round. One was a very solid drive on a par 5 that took an unfortunate bounce into a hazard.

The other was just a horrible wedge shot out of some knarly rough.

Putted very well all night. Didn't really miss a putt inside 8 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

I made it in!   So the results were posted yesterday and my round was good enough for a tie for 6th place net which got me enough points to make it in.    Two downers, making it in came at the expense of a good friend and regular golf buddy being bumped out.   And two I have a previous commitment next week for the scheduled match.

We are allowed to reach out to our opponent and reschedule the match at a mutually convenient time if the opponent is agreeable to it, but not obligated to.   I'll just say I don't expect this particular opponent to be agreeable...ha 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Update:

I made it in!   So the results were posted yesterday and my round was good enough for a tie for 6th place net which got me enough points to make it in.    Two downers, making it in came at the expense of a good friend and regular golf buddy being bumped out.   And two I have a previous commitment next week for the scheduled match.

We are allowed to reach out to our opponent and reschedule the match at a mutually convenient time if the opponent is agreeable to it, but not obligated to.   I'll just say I don't expect this particular opponent to be agreeable...ha 

If you can't make it and have to withdraw, does your buddy get in?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”