MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

18 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Healthy outlet where one can properly social distance as long as the course follow rules. No sand buckets, no rakes. no ball washers, no air hose,  1 per cart unless they live together, and foam in cup so ball falls about a half inch or so in to cup.  I believe Ive seen some Cali courses open. OGA course, amd Im sure many others are booking and paying online only and no entry to pro shop. Santiam allows a certain amount of peeps in pro shop and they put in a window for business at counter. Not sure how my course is handling cart fees and green fees for the public. No desire to go in and find out either. I walk most of the time anyways. 

We did all that for 2 weeks before we were shut down... non-essential business.  I'm sure ALL courses in WA are closed until at least April 8.

• Like 1

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

Got out today. 2 birds, parred the toughest 2 holes and lots of wild shots. But I golfed!

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4

... Illinois is also in a Stay At Home order by the Governor and that includes golf courses. Virus is just starting to peak here in Chicago and the suburbs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 17* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 2 iron ... Kuro Kage Black 90Hys 
Irons:   4-pw TaylorMade P790 (2019) ... Seelfiber i95 r-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
              5-pw Srixon Z Forged ... Modus 120 s-flex (UDi 4 iron ... Modus 105 s-flex)
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Bobby Grace 6330 at 33.25"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

You are lucky to still be open.  I thought all of the west coast governors were lock-step with the same mandates.  Why did she allow golf courses to remain open?

Counties are deciding whether or not to open courses in CA. Some are some aren’t.

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

51 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Dated.  WA is down.

Maybe, but it was published today. Then again, rules are changing daily, as well.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

First round at Windmill yesterday and it was a tale of 2 nines.

Shot a fairly blistering 41 on the front followed by a very disappointing 49 on the back for a 90. I just fell apart and my back started aching. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

• Like 5

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
image.png.d3234685680a20916d0e53c90b4ba9b1.png KE4 Tour HDI 4 21°, 23° and 25° UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I got out to play yesterday with my brother. The course was a swamp.... water and mud everywhere.  I was able to keep it under 90, but just barely...lol. Not a good score to say the least, it wasn't about scoring. 🙂

• Like 5

80. Ugh. Played the back first, 42, then 38 on the front. Hit a bucket after the round to work things out.
Drove 75 miles, just across the border to Vicksburg, Mississippi, so I could play. Nice, small greens, the rest of the course was so-so, but better than our goat ranch where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

4/14 fir

11/18 gir

28 putts

Didn’t hit it all that good. Driver was pretty erratic, but short game was on point. +2.18 Around the green on front 9 alone. Vokey’s are quickly turning into a wise investment. 

• Like 8

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

Played horrible today, shooting 45/45:90 with no birdies, losing one ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Decided at about 430 pm to hit the course.  Windy and rainy most of the day  and I wasnt feeling it, but I need to walk anyways so off I went.  3 cars in the lot and 2 of them belonged to employees. Never saw another soul and never a drop of rain. Played 2-3 balls along the way  and spent some extra time to hit my 3w from the fairway along the way trying to figure it out.  Played well minus my wedge game which has been off for some reason. Distance is throwing me for a curve. 

• Like 8

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

16 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Decided at about 430 pm to hit the course.  Windy and rainy most of the day  and I wasnt feeling it, but I need to walk anyways so off I went.  3 cars in the lot and 2 of them belonged to employees. Never saw another soul and never a drop of rain. Played 2-3 balls along the way  and spent some extra time to hit my 3w from the fairway along the way trying to figure it out.  Played well minus my wedge game which has been off for some reason. Distance is throwing me for a curve. 

Did you figure it out?  My problem with the 3W is my right shoulder tends to drop and my left shoulder gets too high.  It will work off a tee, but I have to focus on a more level swing.  One day it's great; next day... not so much!!

• Like 3

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Did you figure it out?  My problem with the 3W is my right shoulder tends to drop and my left shoulder gets too high.  It will work off a tee, but I have to focus on a more level swing.  One day it's great; next day... not so much!!

Much better.  I hit 3w off the tee often so I drop my right shoulder on setup to catch it on the upswing and I get pretty aggressive on my downswing.  I found myself doing that off the turf so it created all sorts of bad outcomes.  Leveled the shoulders, ball a bit more inside my feet than tee setup, and a much easier swing seemed to help. 

I carry a 4h and it is generally my go to club for all sorts of shots.  I am struggling with it currently and need get busy with that club next. 

• Like 5

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Started out in the 50s but was in the 80s by about noon when fog burned off and the sun came out.   My short game was a miserable failure today but other than that I hit the ball and putted well.  I can't seem to transfer my short game from the practice area to the course.    

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:   :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  :odyssey-small: Ten S 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Much better.  I hit 3w off the tee often so I drop my right shoulder on setup to catch it on the upswing and I get pretty aggressive on my downswing.  I found myself doing that off the turf so it created all sorts of bad outcomes.  Leveled the shoulders, ball a bit more inside my feet than tee setup, and a much easier swing seemed to help. 

I carry a 4h and it is generally my go to club for all sorts of shots.  I am struggling with it currently and need get busy with that club next. 

I've struggled with the 3W in the past as well, but I started following this guy on Insta @jakehuttgolf he's the golf coach at Stanford and puts quick tips on Insta that have really been helpful, especially the one on the 3W.  Last time I played, a couple weeks ago, I hit my 3W - 267.  Sounds like you've got it figured out, but just thought I'd tell you about the guy on Instagram. 

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

Started out strong with a birdie on the par 5 first hole and finished the 9 with a 38.  Got a phone text that distracted me for the rest of the round and I lost focus.  3 doubles on the backside and shoot 83 for the round.

On another note, the number of COVID 19 cases has been doubling in our county and I've made a conscious decision to quit playing golf as a group game for awhile, even though we are good about maintaining distances.  

• Like 9

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Had a heartbreaking 82 today. My buddy and me, both 63, a 10 and a 5 took on a Yankee minor league trainer and their triple A strength coach (also a certified TPI trainer). These guys are 29 and 33 and a 4 and a 14. They played the tips, we played up a set us v them even 5 dollar Nassau.

Great young guys, fun match - my 10 shot 78 and we tied them. I did have some contributions including the day’s highlight, a hole out from 125 for Eagle when one of them was inside 5 feet for birdie. That was great.

Hard to imagine the strength coach works with guys like Aaron Judge in the weight room. :)

According to ARCOSS my approach game handicap was 15.5. :( I missed 13/18 approaches left. It seemed like all of those were with 6 or 7 iron.

On 18, a par 5, I had 215 to the center into the wind, up hill, couldn’t reach, lots of trouble around the green. I said I’m hitting 6 iron. Tried to hit a cut and blistered the most beautiful 160 yard 2 yard draw you’d ever want to see. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

73 (par 73)

7/14 fir

14/18 gir

35 putts 

Greens were plugged, and I was just a mess on them. I had 3 3 putts on par 5’s for par. A dubious first for myself.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2020 at 6:03 PM, chisag said:

... Illinois is also in a Stay At Home order by the Governor and that includes golf courses. Virus is just starting to peak here in Chicago and the suburbs. 

Stay safe!