Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Got out for a quick 9 this afternoon. Shot a 38 (+4). Hit OB twice off the tee, but still managed to bogey both of those holes, so without those penalties it would have been an even par round. New irons continue to perform well!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Hey spy's

Played today, more of a walk in the park, beautiful day, not really working on anything, going  through the motions but had some good shots, and some 3 putts lol.

Unfortunately it was Morning club so had to keep score or I wouldn't have, shot 80... we shut down our handicap system in canada November 15th to March 15th as most of canada is closed down. 

it was my 1st round in 2 weeks and now I need to take a couple more weeks off as we are getting visitors etc. 

Will probably get serious again March 1st...

committed to performance excellence

Got out today, was mid to high 40’s with a little north wind. Was an odd day for me, was missing the driver left which almost never happens annd had 3 penalty strokes. Also had 3, 3 putts. All 3 were very long and not easy but that is still odd for me to 3 putt that much. Speed control was just not dialed in today, had multiple 12 to 15 footers on perfect line but just a little short. On the positive side I made multiple 5 to 6 footers and my irons and wedges where the best that have been in a bit which made me feel good cause this has always been the strength of my game and good to see it more like I am used to. This all added up to a 6 over 77 which I will take anytime. Especially since I haven’t played much lately. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Weather here in the NE has been wildly all over the place, so my golf has moved indoors. Yeah i know simulators aren’t the best thing but hey still swinging a club so I’ll take it. Got our first round of tournament play in and I was definitely needing a sim range session cause my ranges were all over the place. Shot a 91 in the first round so came in second in my group. Played spyglass hill. Getting there hopefully tomorrow to get some range numbers dialed and some putting practice. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

A lovely 56* and sunny day. For January, I’ll take it. Found out some interesting things today. I tend to focus more or notice more while playing solo.

I re-shafted my old clubs (Sub70  699 Pro’s) to the proper specs. I took the 3 wood out of the bag to open up a spot. Then took out the 6, 7, irons from the King Tours and put in the 6, 7, and 8 irons from the Sub 70’s.  (yes two 8 irons). That was for side by side comparison. 
My findings were I hit the sub 70’s better. A little higher and a little longer. So for the rest of the winter I’ll do a split set on the irons. Then in spring swap back and see.

I happen to be in just the right spot where I was hitting my approach into a green and the sun was casting my shadow perfectly in front of me. I noticed that I was not completing my backswing. I was cutting it short. Now I’ll have to work on that over the winter.

But it was a good day. The driver, woods,  putter and chipping were on. I managed 3 birdies and three bogies for an even par round. Pretty good considering how wet the fairways were from yesterday’s rain.

wow, great post, fun that you used your shadow to see your practice swing, I do that on occasion, position my self so I can see my shadow, almost like having a video with you on the course... nice side by side comparison with the 8 irons as well, like that... nice round by the way...

committed to performance excellence

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Played for the first time since March of last year.  We did a scramble, used all but one hole of my shots.  Finished 16 holes before sunset at 4 under.  Played one of the best rounds of my life, to include a 274 yard 2 iron to the fringe, a 316 yard bomb drive (wind helped) to set us (me) up for an eagle, just missed.

It’s good to say I’m back to the game I love.  That 2 iron man… 34141334-8435-4052-851F-91E49217CC50.gif.9d996a5a60a6812bac1aae1d2f6286b3.gif

It's great to hear you're getting back on the course Alan and that you are absolutely bombing it. 

Pretty solid round apart from a couple blemishes. 7 over with a lost ball triple and 3 x putts, 2 of which were very poor.  Putted very well over the last several holes and played some very good pitch/chips. Been a while since I've played to my handicap

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

My most recent round of golf was last Friday, and it was horrendous!  I simply could not hit a ball on that day.  From Driver to Wedges, I totally sucked.  When I woke the next morning, my right shoulder and left wrist, were is terrible pain.  I am not sure if my crappy play caused this pain, or if there was an underlying issue in my write and shoulder that caused the crappy play, and became worse after the round.  OR, it could be I just suck!  LOL.  Anyway on the 18th green, I was completely demoralized and wondered why I waste so much time, effort and money on this stupid game.... I sink a 30 foot putt.  WFT????  LOL   Even a broken clock is right twice a day..........

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

First round of 2024 is in the book and it was.... interesting haha

A few buddies talked our wives into a "triple date" at the golf course with dinner/drinks after. It was an experience but kept the wives happy!! You've got to love the "well why did you hit it like that?" haha

Being my approach/swing feels complete new now it was a large adjustment but much more enjoyable and consistent. Shot a 102 so not my best but contact was great throughout the bag. Putting was atrocious to say the least as I know I left at least 7 strokes on the green but we will get there!

Hope to see some more stories from the weekend.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I went down to Indian Trace today with some friends and we decided to play a scramble. We paired up and played the old guys (me and Mitch) vs the young guns (Shadoe and Riley). Man, can they absolutely rip it and when it's hit right, it's something. 

We ended up winning with a score of 100. We shot 55/45 to beat them by 2. We just played smart golf and wasn't trying to kill the ball. 

I had one of the better ball striking days I've had in a long time, it started out rough but by the time we got through six holes I was hitting it good. 

I couldn't chip for love nor money and got frustrated that I was chunking almost every wedge shot I hit. The stand out club for me today was the 3 wood. I hit several good shots off the tee and fairway. 

The hole of the day for me was the par 5 17th. We played my drive which hit a tree (Mitch could not hit driver good today) and left us 160 from clearing a pond. I hit 3 wood leaving us about 125 from the center. I then hit 7 iron and miraculously hit a green... In regulation. I don't hit many greens and was excited to see it stick. Sure, we had a 30 something putt for bird, but I hit a green. 

1000006351-01.jpeg.b1a291f354900eae92d9b4026c18c987.jpeg

We all had a good time and loads of laughs. Poor Riley slipped into a creek and looked like he had an "accident". 

1000006343-01.jpeg.0b7e9855d46acd58a043bc589b61537f.jpeg

It was cold and windy but I enjoyed being out there. 

Not enough emojis to choose from. Love you played and won😍, sad someone got sh$t stained 💩(hope he doesn’t have tan cloth seats) 🤣, so I just liked the post.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_0375.mov 12.02 MB · 0 downloads  

Well, came across this Gem lol!! My golf swing in 1960. My dad thought I might be left handed (I am in hockey) so he cut a wooden head square in case!! 

That is so cool you have that video and thank you for sharing that video with us!

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Not enough emojis to choose from. Love you played and won😍, sad someone got sh$t stained 💩(hope he doesn’t have tan cloth seats) 🤣, so I just liked the post.

He's lucky his dad was there to wipe it off. I have video of it, but there's some adult language. I told Mitch " that's your boy, you might need to wipe his @&€". 

A warm & very windy morning for golf, wind gusts 20+mph.  Walked 18 holes. The wind was definitely a challenge today, 2 & 3 club extra into the wind. Didn't play as well as would have liked, shooting 4 over par, but hit some good shots.  I outthought myself on many shots where I thought the wind could impact the shot, especially on chips into the wind.  

My natural driver shot is a draw, today's wind conditions I intentionally tried hitting more fades with driver.  Pulled off several except for last hole which is a dogleg right, playing 368yds.  Tried to fade the ball, but hit it dead straight, which wasn't bad, leaving 100 yds dead downwind. Then hit a Lob wedge to 12 feet & missed the put SHORT! Putting speed off all day. Not sure if it was the wind that caused stroke to be tentative & no feel. 

Overall, good challenging round, made you think on every shot.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Mini rant here-

we have the first tee time, at 6:50, but a frost delay till 8:00

so, they decide to put us on #4 at 8, in order to get everyone else started, and then they say it should be open when we make the last turn to go play 1,2, and 3. I asked the, how about you start us at 1, and stack the rest behind at 18,17,and 16… they say well no, because then the rest of the people will be delayed until they all get past 1…

sooo, we get done with 18 and roll to 1, and there is a 3 group waiting…

so we basically got screwed…

rant over…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

30 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Mini rant here-

so, they decide to put us on #4 at 8, in order to get everyone else started, and then they say it should be open when we make the last turn to go play 1,2, and 3. I asked the, how about you start us at 1, and stack the rest behind at 18,17,and 16… they say well no, because then the rest of the people will be delayed until they all get past 1…

rant over…

When we have frost delays, it's usually 2-3 hours so the course lets everyone know that they will have a shotgun start when the course opens; then everyone can get 18 holes in before dark.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

When we have frost delays, it's usually 2-3 hours so the course lets everyone know that they will have a shotgun start when the course opens; then everyone can get 18 holes in before dark.

These guys only want to inconvenience the affected groups, so that everyone with a tee time at 8 and later is unaffected

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 1/9/2024 at 9:04 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Mini rant here-

rant over…

Are you sure that you were not playing my course? Sounds just like something they would pull.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Got to play Texas Rangers Golf Club today. Was great temperature being in the low 60’s but had 20mph winds with gust up to 30mph. I also think someone might have pissed of who cut the holes this morning cause they were pretty tough 🤣. Was able to shoot 79 with a few mental errors that cost a few strokes. But despite that I feel like I played better than the score was. Hopefully my ball striking keeps trending in the right direction. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Played a goofy 3 club and putter tournament today. 2 man teams. Picked teams by foursome - high low on the handicap. Except my foursome had 5 and I was low at a 10. Two guys had a 26 for a handicap so I partnered with them both. One of the teams, well we came in second for the day and put a few dollars back into my golf fund. Here is the silly part. I shot an 83, which is right about what I would score using my whole bag.

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Got out and played early this morning in the cold and windy conditions. Course is shutting down for a couple days due to bad weather coming and wanted to get a round in. 

38 degrees and 20-30 mph wind conditions made it an interesting round. Decided to play from front tees and get thru the round in 2 hours. 

Had 3 birdies and some great shots and ended up with 4 bogies.  3 of the 4 bogies were bad tee shots that left me punching out and playing safe shots. 

Overall it was a fun round but I was ready to be done and get to warmth. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Had a good round today after a 2 hour frost delay.  Hit the ball straight and was able to work my wedges the way I like. Shot a 5 over 78. No birdies, but not for the lack of trying...

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

18 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Had a good round today after a 2 hour frost delay.  Hit the ball straight and was able to work my wedges the way I like. Shot a 5 over 78. No birdies, but not for the lack of trying...

Nice round. 

Polar vertex has descended upon us, so more sim rounds.

Played Royal Melbourne West Course (72.0/131, 6652yds) with firmness turned all the way on greens and fairways as I’ve heard it described in real life. Really enjoyed the course design, but the greens completely ate my lunch with I believe I counted 27 green side chips. Ended up with 99 (45 front, 54 back) besides chipping woes, I got into the trees a couple times on the back 9 that really punished me as well.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

9 over playing off 7. Solid start then threw away a few shots by swinging when I knew I wasn’t ready. A couple of good birdies on tough holes got things going again before a very poor double to finish. Light drizzle for all but the last couple of holes was a bit annoying but didn’t have much impact on the round. Guys I played with were great to play with, fun round

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Played early this morning and first off the tee. Played the front tees so that I could get done quick before needing to be home.  Cold morning but had a good front 9 with 3 birdies but also 3 bogies.  Back 9 was not as good.  Out of no where my iron shots went haywire and had a few that cost me a stroke.  

Glad I was at least able to get out before they shut the course down until Wednesday due to weather. 

Got to play 18 Saturday. Was decently warm but the wind was crazy with standing water everywhere so made reading any shot shape or rollout was tough. General overview is good shots were Great but Bad shots were awful!!

With the wind/water I decided to not keep score being no-one was behind me and I could play 2 balls per hole or redo any shot I wanted. If you have never done this it makes the game very enjoyable as its purely fun and learning. I highly suggest trying it if you can.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*