Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×

Just read the blog on the F9 driver for the 14th time. Love the aggressive look of this driver and the yellow and black is absolutely stunning.

Really cool to hear about the tech stories and what the engineers accomplished with their design. Looking forward to see how the tech tests in the MGS labs and in the hands of fellow spies on the forum once it starts hitting demo carts.

• Like 1

I also like the look of this driver, I’m bout 70% sure I’m gonna at least try to get a better fitted driver next season and this is most def on my try list

I absolutely love the black/yellow combo! So much so that I am starting to unload some extras to help soften the $500 blow to the wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I wonder how much influence Fowler had on the design and/or color scheme?  As the F series rolls on, Cobra looks to be incrementally reducing the amount of titanium and increasing the amount of composite matrix used.  The engineering and manufacturing prowess that goes into modern golf equipment is pretty fascinating.

• Like 2

I absolutely love the black/yellow combo! So much so that I am starting to unload some extras to help soften the $500 blow to the wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

. Can't wait for our demo day next spring.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

I’ll stick with my Cobra F8 in Black and Nardo Grey.....but the new F9 looks sexy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Very eager to see how this performs in testing. 

I've been planning for a club fitting before next season and am hoping this makes the short list to try when I go. 

Advance notice to the Mod's - please select me as a tester for the Yellow bomber  😁

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Advance notice to the Mod's - please select me as a tester for the Yellow bomber  😁

I have a feeling that if/when that test hits (whether part of Cobra Connect Challenge 3, or not), the response will be huge. I think the F9 is beautiful and would love to give it a test!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I'm pretty intrigued to try this driver every club ever. 

Fixed that for you 😄

On a more serious note, I wish Cobra had demo days here. Seems like if there is a rep in Hawaii, they're never at the multi-vendor demo days that I've gone to the last two summers, and I never see them advertised doing their own.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Fixed that for you 😄

LOL...Guess I opened myself up to that one.   But hey I've been pretty good of late.   Only one club purchase since June that is the Odyssey Red Ball putter, the Bridgestone's as you know were a forum review.   

But 2019 is within eye sight 😁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

LOL...Guess I opened myself up to that one.   But hey I've been pretty good of late.   Only one club purchase since June that is the Odyssey Red Ball putter, the Bridgestone's as you know were a forum review.   

But 2019 is within eye sight 😁

That's cause you bought everything in May, right?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GB13 said:

That's cause you bought everything in May, right?

Technically February through May, but who's keeping track.

But back to this driver, so was anyone more swayed after seeing Bryce and Rickie's performance this weekend, or didn't have any affect anyway.

I know "we" as avid forum readers aren't usually swayed too much by tour use.  But I can tell you the average Joe consumer who really only gets his or her exposure to equipment from TV and the major magazines, definitely is based on the comments we here in the pro shop. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

But back to this driver, so was anyone more swayed after seeing Bryce and Rickie's performance this weekend, or didn't have any affect anyway.

Not in the least. I don't have Bryson's or Rickie's swing so....

But of course, you knew that already.

To me, it will be more important to see how it does in the hands of "regular Joe's" when the most wanted testing rolls around.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I know "we" as avid forum readers aren't usually swayed too much by tour use.  But I can tell you the average Joe consumer who really only gets his or her exposure to equipment from TV and the major magazines, definitely is based on the comments we here in the pro shop. 

17 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Not in the least. I don't have Bryson's or Rickie's swing so....

But of course, you knew that already.

To me, it will be more important to see how it does in the hands of "regular Joe's" when the most wanted testing rolls around.

Like @MaxEntropy said, I don't really care what pros are playing, otherwise I'd have an identical bag to Tiger's because I'm a fanboi. I've been intrigued by Cobra's drivers since the Cobra Connect challenges the past two years, and @chisag 's writeup of them a while back, but never got a chance to try them out.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

It doesn't really matter to me what BD or Rickie play. They could make a Walmart driver look like a magic wand. That being said, I sure love the look, and I'll be hitting them, along with the rest of the 2019 drivers in the spring.

I could see the average consumer being swayed by them. I really think that Cobra has the 2 of the best players under contract for marketing so I think they will continue to grow their market segment. 

• Like 1