New Bridgestone lineup

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, skyryder said:

I played the RXS for a couple of years and it was fine.  Then 2 years ago or so, started playing the E6 Speed, (which at the rate I was drowning them at the time) I really liked and its now been discontinued, so I am looking to get back to the B series.  I just sent my data to Bridgestone to see what they recommend.  I agree it would be nice to not have to buy a dozen just to try a couple of different balls.  I will admit that overall I have been very pleased with the Bridgestone brand.

E6 speed is quite a lot different than the B series.  Tour B X is probably the closest match.

Dave

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... It should not be hard to understand at all. You made a reckless statement of fact, not just opinion. You did follow up with a personal opinion which of course is 100% valid and had you done so ini

That statement is fundamentally untrue. The Zstar XV is one of the longest tour balls made.  And their quality is up there with bridgestone and Titleist 

I did some Trackman verification in doing the new ball test, I saw a 2.5 mph increase over the 6th gen Srixon Z Star.  With the additional spin it gave to keep the ball in the air a bit longer, I pick

Posted Images

16 hours ago, skyryder said:

I played the RXS for a couple of years and it was fine.  Then 2 years ago or so, started playing the E6 Speed, (which at the rate I was drowning them at the time) I really liked and its now been discontinued, so I am looking to get back to the B series.  I just sent my data to Bridgestone to see what they recommend.  I agree it would be nice to not have to buy a dozen just to try a couple of different balls.  I will admit that overall I have been very pleased with the Bridgestone brand.

Bridgestone does their ball releases on 2 year cycles with the tour balls being one year and their other balls the following year. The e6 balls became the e12. The e12 should be around in their current design for the rest of this year and whatever they are replaced with will probably be out around the pga show in January. 

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I like that concept of dividing up, making a mixed dozen.

With the BX flying too far, does it create larger than ideal distance gaps in your shorter clubs, or does it make the distance gaps more consistent between clubs? When I switched from ProV1s to BX, the short iron and wedge shots did fly further than I expected, but the gaps were more consistent, meaning I just had to alter my expectations. It's totally worth doing a gapping session with a reliable launch monitor and your own balls to get consistent gapping numbers.

This is a good way to look at it. Now that I think about it, my main concern came when my 52 was carrying close to a standard PW for me, almost. I thought my short irons were losing spin and encroaching/shortening my gaps into the longer irons.
Looking through ARCCOS and other info, I think you may be right. My gaps are more consistent and each iron has gotten a tad longer. It could be that before the BX My shorter irons were spinning or ballooning slightly, and now I’m carrying properly.
I really want to get on a Trackman just for gapping when COVID has subsided.
Cheers! Be well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

Can’t wait to try the new BX! Courses are open here but I’m recovering from a surgery. Been playing Bridgestone for years gonna be hard to switch. Actually may play Rxs when I return after hearing some of the hype and I expect my swing speeds to be down at 1st