Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MAJOR rescheduling

StrokerAce

Major Reschedule  

118 members have voted

1. 1. how would you like to see the majors rescheduled?

• Spread into the fall
    • Cram in before the tour champ (8/27)
    • Skip the ones that we miss (currently: Masters, PGA, US Open)
    • Something else (add a comment)

There have been a number of tournaments that have been cancelled and The Masters and PGA Championship, US Open have all been postponed.

How do you think the tour should handle the scheduling issue?

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html

image.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Personal preference I would say a fall major schedule would be awesome. However it is still too early for any type of discussions on schedule to take place. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Did they already cancel or postpone the Ryder Cup?  I'm assuming that they would want to get the Majors in before they could play the Ryder Cup. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I couldn't begin to guess. Hate to say it but I'm not sure I care really  - one way or another. This will all pass eventually and will be looked upon as the lost season. Honestly, I've enjoyed watching some replay golf on TV when I've had the time. I didn't watch many tournaments live from start to finish last year anyway. Except for a couple majors I guess. So, for me it's all new.

I do think a Masters played this fall will be interesting. I'm looking forward to it if they pull if off.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Majors could run concurrent with an already scheduled event as has been done with the Open Championship.

This boils down to, as Joe mentioned, our collective safety.

Regardless of what they decide, I am sure we will all welcome the game, regardless of what’s done.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Great post @GolfSpy Stroker, I think the fall would be great and would actually give some different views of these courses. I would love to see the masters in the fall, different look, magnolia would not be as prevalent but as a facilities manager I would be extremely interested in how they "church" up the course.  

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

And now it's the US Open....
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/us-open-wont-be-played-in-june-but-will-stay-at-winged-foot/

The U.S. Open at Winged Foot has become the third golf major championship domino to fall as a result of the coronavirus crisis, The Post has learned.

Sources with knowledge of the United States Golf Association’s plans told The Post on Thursday night that Winged Foot has been informed the tournament will not take place in June as scheduled. The plan is for the tournament to remain at Winged Foot, but to be played later in the summer.

The 120th U.S. Open, which was scheduled to be played June 18-21 at the Mamaroneck club, joins the Masters and PGA Championship in being delayed. The Masters, which was to be played April 9-12, has been postponed until later in the year (possibly October). The PGA, which was set for May 14-17 at Harding Park in San Francisco, also has been postponed with plans for a new date later in the summer.

“[We] remain hopeful about late in the summer, [maybe] early September,’’ the source said regarding the U.S. Open, adding that the club is “optimistic’’ the tournament will take place at Winged Foot.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I would love a fall Masters. Big picture I just hope we get anything this summer

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

All due respect, I feel it is WAY too early to even initiate this discussion. MyGolfSpy has a social responsibility to its members to error on the side of caution. Even suggesting undertaking major tournaments before we know confidently that we have some semblance of control of the Covid-19 virus is not the right thing to do. Not even as a "I wish". The situation is much too dynamic to plan for holding such large, complex events that could attract thousands of people. We truly don't know what we are dealing with yet. All the data indicates, and responsible health professionals are recommending, that we nationally need to institute isolation and protective practices immediately to keep the death toll as low as 100,000 Americans. Once we understand better what the future holds, we can start to discuss the scheduling of tournaments, majors or not. Golf is a game. Protecting people, sometimes from themselves, isn't. Sorry to be strident about this, but MGS is way off base on this one.

@Hecaviator everyone is entitled to an opinion this was merely a hopeful thinking out of the box for the future when and if we get to normalcy. People are cooped up with the fear that has been instilled over the past few weeks which is justifiable and to discuss that we hope things get back to normal where we can see these events is kind of an avenue to coping and looking at the light at the end of the tunnel....this isn’t the plague. Sorry MGS in advance and hoping I am not crossing any lines here

Edited by Lacassem

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, Hecaviator said:

All due respect, I feel it is WAY too early to even initiate this discussion. MyGolfSpy has a social responsibility to its members to error on the side of caution. Even suggesting undertaking major tournaments before we know confidently that we have some semblance of control of the Covid-19 virus is not the right thing to do. Not even as a "I wish". The situation is much too dynamic to plan for holding such large, complex events that could attract thousands of people. We truly don't know what we are dealing with yet. All the data indicates, and responsible health professionals are recommending, that we nationally need to institute isolation and protective practices immediately to keep the death toll as low as 100,000 Americans. Once we understand better what the future holds, we can start to discuss the scheduling of tournaments, majors or not. Golf is a game. Protecting people, sometimes from themselves, isn't. Sorry to be strident about this, but MGS is way off base on this one.

I understand where you are coming from, and you have a very valid point. However where you missed the boat is in the fact that nowhere in this thread did it or anyone talk about playing a golf tournament before it was safe to do so. I am speaking on behalf of everyone when I say, no one wants to put more people at risk. We are hypothetical talking about what we love and the implications that it has on golf. We are not putting that ahead of safety of people. We are simply distracting ourselves with the fun that could be.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Cancel the Tour Championship since they are not playing a full season. Space all 4 majors out culminating with the Masters as the tour ending event.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

Cancel the Tour Championship since they are not playing a full season. Space all 4 majors out culminating with the Masters as the tour ending event.

As much as I love this option, I fear FedEx would never allow it given how much $$ they dump into the pot. Maybe pushing back the playoffs could be a decent middle ground???

12 hours ago, Hecaviator said:

The point is definitely taken and I can assure you we’re not advocating for risking lives. We’re also not here to actually solve and implement a solution. It’s just a fun discussion to have while we’re all cooped up inside. Start with the basic assumption that it’s safe to play and work from there. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

If and when the majors are scheduled for 2020, the PGA Tour will have no choice but to schedule around them.  Neither viewers nor players are choosing the John Deere or the Tour Championship over any of the 4 majors!  I don't care how much money FedEx is pumping in!

With regard to The Masters I am very biased this year.  I have entered the lottery EVERY year that it has been in existence (1995 for practice rounds and 2012 for tournament proper).  I was finally selected for practice round tickets for 2020 on Tuesday.  I have attended one previous Masters tournament in 2015 Monday courtesy of one of my close friends.  This year, he and two other close friends were going.  I am not sure whether the 2020 Masters tournament will be rescheduled in the fall or cancelled. Regardless I am sure The Masters tournament will take care of those who have 2020 tickets in one way or another.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

For anyone interested in what happens to sponsorship dollars when these events are cancelled or postponed, go listen to the latest podcast on No Laying Up with Mike Whan.  Brilliant and detailed account of the million decisions these Tour's are having to make in this unprecedented time.  And how decisions now will potentially affect partnerships and relationships in the future.  

Mike Whan is the best commissioner in professional sports!  The LPGA is blessed to have him.

No Open Championship...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2020-british-open-canceled-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic-sources-say

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

On 4/1/2020 at 9:33 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

As much as I love this option, I fear FedEx would never allow it given how much $$ they dump into the pot. Maybe pushing back the playoffs could be a decent middle ground???

Simple fix, make FedEx the title sponsor for all 4 majors. BOOM!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Interesting discussion on scheduling today.

I can get behind a November Masters!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X