PSA - For your own sake, please don't...

Guys don't assume you know what that does to both of us. I am telling the truth, just ask a question i will honesty answer it. I am a CA.CPA.

Edited by viking

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

9 minutes ago, viking said:

Actually just started chatting on this form 2 days ago. Told you I am fast. Nick name is Rapid Randy, like fast things and work fast.

First got the nick name from the pro and assistant pro from my first job, was 15, worked  in the pro shop, back area,

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

1 hour ago, viking said:

You are wrong on time and score. Usually shoot 87-92. I floor thr cart after I shoot and rarely are people in front of me or behind me but yes i ahve had players pass me and I let them play through usually are really good golfers, seniors. One guy here is 85 shoots around par wow can that guy play good and fast.

All this time I thought you were a regular golfer with a slow swing speed, shoots 95-105 and only plays 15-30 times a year.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, Mr. 82 said:

I'm gonna lose the battle on what I am about to say, because virtually everyone I play with does it now, but for me, and call me old school if you want (I think Augusta National has a great policy on this btw), but please, put your cellphone away for the duration of the round, unless you are keeping score on it, or using it for GPS yardage.

Yes, even my best buddies have their phones attached to them, and will play videos, text loved ones, and take phone calls.  I tolerate it, but for me personally I find it rude to be talking to someone on the phone, or texting them, while you are supposed to be engaged in an activity with me on the golf course that SHOULD require your focus and concentration.

Again, I get it, I'm the outlier here, and I'm not trying to shame anyone, or call anyone out, but for me this game requires my focus and concentration during the time I am on the golf course.  If you are constantly feeding your phone with distractions and "when will you be home?" texts from your wife or significant other, then you are missing the point of playing golf, at least in my mind.

Disclaimer:  I (typically) keep my cellphone in my pocket on silent.  My Garmin GPS watch has phone notifications that I see throughout the round.  But unless my wife tells me someone is dying I've trained her to know that I will not respond to her while I am on the golf course.  

I play golf to get away from the noise and distraction of constant updates of whatever from a portable computer known as an iPhone.  Perhaps if we all put our phones away we could actually enjoy our round of golf, and the company that is with us, more.

Again, don't rip into me.  If you are glued to your cellphone on the course, just keep up with the pace of play and I'll never say a word to you.  But I post this because I can hope, right?

I keep it on vibrate in case of emergencies (2 kids at home with grandparents). If not, I'll just ignore it and call back later. And if I absolutely have to take the call, I'll ask the flight partners to go ahead and I'll skip this/next hole. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 4/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, cnosil said:

It is like the old joke..   What do you call someone that speaks three or more languages?  Multilingual.   What do you call someone that speaks two languages?  Bilingual.  What do you call someone that speaks one language?  American.

The saying nowadays goes... don't make fun of someone with "poor" English... chances are, he speaks 1-2 languages more than you 😄

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

11 hours ago, viking said:

Um might be the new covid 19 rules now with no more ball washers. Golfers used to always have nice clean balls before the pandemic but not now.

LOL what's with you and all the ball touching??? 🤔

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

The saying nowadays goes... don't make fun of someone with "poor" English... chances are, he speaks 1-2 languages more than you 😄

Actually I have a friend like that but his English is pretty decent. He and his wife are "real Italians" born and raised in Italy have been over here 40 years or so. He speaks fluent Italian of course , Fluent French and Spanish along with English. Now lots of times he does the " broken just got off the boat Italian English" as a joke. As a footnote his wife is an old school Italian cook makes her own pasta etc from scratch has her own pasta roller. Man she makes one mean Italian Wedding Soup. When she make it up she makes enough to feed 2 armies and always sends me a gallon.  Great people

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Actually I have a friend like that but his English is pretty decent. He and his wife are "real Italians" born and raised in Italy have been over here 40 years or so. He speaks fluent Italian of course , Fluent French and Spanish along with English. Now lots of times he does the " broken just got off the boat Italian English" as a joke. As a footnote his wife is an old school Italian cook makes her own pasta etc from scratch has her own pasta roller. Man she makes one mean Italian Wedding Soup. When she make it up she makes enough to feed 2 armies and always sends me a gallon.  Great people

It sounds like you could be the next “most interesting man in the world” Big Stu... and can I come to dinner? I love me some home made pasta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 4/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, fixyurdivot said:

+1 on this.  I've noticed an uptick in folks playing music for half the course to hear... not cool.  Please be considerate of others - put some earphones in and enjoy.

Totally. Grouchy as I get about this, I'd have to say there's even a happy medium between earbuds and so loud the group behind you can hear.

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

You are wrong on time and score. Usually shoot 87-92. I floor thr cart after I shoot and rarely are people in front of me or behind me but yes i ahve had players pass me and I let them play through usually are really good golfers, seniors. One guy here is 85 shoots around par wow can that guy play good and fast.

What happened to the “I usually shoot 95-105 but don’t usually count penalties. It is penalty enough to lose a ball.” That is what your post in the Hello from Canada thread states. You know the one asking for likes so you could apply to test the super speed sticks cuz you are the “Average” golfer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

All this time I thought you were a regular golfer with a slow swing speed, shoots 95-105 and only plays 15-30 times a year.  

Imagine if he had a SLDR C in the bag, with an upcharge exotic shaft to complete the package.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

On 4/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, coyote_jones said:

Getting looked at like I don't belong. I grew up playing a lot of golf in a small town in ND. I golfed shirtless, shoeless, in cut-off shorts. We took our time. We had fun. If someone was taking too long we skipped to another hole. I know that this doesn't work most places, but I wish it were easier for people to just enjoy the game. I play the part as best I can when I go to courses, now. I put on my button down. I even bought golf shoes this year. But please, don't look at people like they don't belong out there.

Yeah I get frustrated when someone takes my ball. Or plays too slowly. Or plays loud music. But at the end of the day, I'm out golfing. And so are they. And I try to do my best to enjoy my game as much as I can while others enjoy it as much as they can. 

Who 'belongs' on a golf course has been a contested issue, at least as long as the game has been in the US (class, race, gender). My grandmother taught me old-school course etiquette thirty-odd years ago, which I still by and large abide. Loud music, tees with torn off sleeves, not fixing pitch marks, 3'+ gimmes in stroke play (self-given), and a cavalcade of carts bounding into the fairwary I'm playing from the adjacent hole all rub me the wrong way. Clearly, these are all behavioral tendencies, rather than ascribed statuses, but as I think @coyote_jones is getting at, they also mark who 'belongs' in a certain way.

Having said that, I do think it is important that golf is accessible (to 'grow the game' in marketing speak), and with the democratization of access, people will bring different notions of acceptable behavior. On the other hand, while old-school etiquette is certainly on the wane, it's not out of the question to expect a standard of comportment that does not diminish the enjoyment of others after their own fashion. Live and let live is fine as far as it goes, but really loud music, unrepaired divots and pitch marks, unraked bunkers, beer cans, cigarette butts and sunflower seed shells strewn about, and lax scoring standards have wider effects than just on the individual who is doing the 'living'. Not incidentally, I observe all of this on the regular at a very nice, open to the public course, at which I'm a member.

Now, my real bugbear: doff your cap to shake hands (once the pandemic is over)!  🙂

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

We played with a guy up in NH last year that played 36 a day I believe he said. He runs the course with a push cart. Guy was in phenomenal shape and I think he said he shot high 80s. He also played from the whites just to keep it moving along. Really nice guy and could tell he was definitely a runner. @B.Boston

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

We played with a guy up in NH last year that played 36 a day I believe he said. He runs the course with a push cart. Guy was in phenomenal shape and I think he said he shot high 80s. He also played from the whites just to keep it moving along. Really nice guy and could tell he was definitely a runner. [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention]

Yeah he had a marathoners build. His buddy drove a cart and had trouble keeping up. I had no problem letting those guys play through. Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Please don’t:

Play loud music on your phone which you carry in your pocket; for the Whole Round!

Espically on the putting green and Tee.

Like the Dude I played with during my last round. On the first hole I just thought it was his Ringtone.

But on No it was on all day. I just had to leave him after 3 holes.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

Should I get the popcorn.....

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Should I get the popcorn.....

Pull up a chair, I’ll let you share mine

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Pull up a chair, I’ll let you share mine emoji3.png

This one has all of the beginnings of the 2018 Odyssey....well you know. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This one has all of the beginnings of the 2018 Odyssey....well you know. 

It will be shutdown long before it gets to that point.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Camille Bissarro said:

Totally. Grouchy as I get about this, I'd have to say there's even a happy medium between earbuds and so loud the group behind you can hear.

... There are really only 2 kinds of people on the golf course. Those that are considerate and those that aren't. I used to dislike music on the golf course, probably because my experience was hearing it played too loudly. But playing alone I put it on one day and was surprised to find I could listen to music and still hear the wildlife, wind and all the "sounds of golf" as long as the music was at a personal level. I have a remote cart so I have my speaker aimed at me and even when turning the cart toward the next hole with the speaker pointing away form the green, I can't hear it. 

... Being considerate I have played with others that have asked me to turn it up, and I have done so to a level that we can all hear if close enough but not someone on an adjacent hole. I always ask on the first tee and sometimes, although rare I have someone say they prefer no music or they give me that kind of reluctant answer like "Well, I guess it would be OK" and then I just don't turn it on. If I am joining others, I am equally happy either way. 

... Inconsiderate people seem to be the ones that blare music (usually Rap or Country) drive carts right next to tee boxes and greens while breaking several other rules of etiquette. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

... There is really only 2 kinds of people on the golf course. Those that are considerate and those that aren't. I used to dislike music on the golf course, probably because my experience was hearing it played too loudly. But playing alone I put it on one day and was surprised to find I could listen to music and still hear the wildlife, wind and all the "sounds of golf" as long as the music was at a personal level. I have a remote cart so I have my speaker aimed at me and even when turning the cart toward the next hole with the speaker pointing away form the green, I can't hear it. 

... Being considerate I have played with others that have asked me to turn it up, and I have done so to a level that we can all hear if close enough but not someone on an adjacent hole. I always ask on the first tee and sometimes, although rare I have someone say they prefer no music or they give me that kind of reluctant answer like "Well, I guess it would be OK" and then I just don't turn it on. If I am joining others, I am equally happy either way. 

... Inconsiderate people seem to be the ones that blare music (usually Rap or Country) drive carts right next to tee boxes and greens while breaking several other rules of etiquette. 

Right on as usual Sam. I play with a lot of different guys that have differing opinions on music. Some like it to be so loud you can’t hear your self think. My brother in law absolutely doesn’t want to hear it at all.
I have actually found that listening to music can be a calming influence after omg hitting a couple bad shots. That said I usually just go with the majority opinion of the group I’m playing with. If I’m by myself or with my brother in law, I will occasionally do ear buds in one ear just to help get out of my own way so to speak.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hi Kenny.

I am. I am 58 and from Canada. I only play public courses (unless we have a company golf day at a private course.) Play from May 15 - Oct. 15 Mondays (unless bad weather) and maybe 3-4 Golfapalooza Fridays (where I play 54 holes that day for the course special all the golf with a cart and buffet meal for $55). So I usually go out to a course 10-18 times  a year and play 22-30 games a year.

I usually play solo because I like to have the first tee time, play fast, can't get sun burnt, and get up early (5 am) where as my neighbors and buddies like to sleep in or have other morning commitments. They always ask me to join but they usually tee off at mid day (11-2) when it is the absolute hottest and sunniest  here in Manitoba.

I do not go every Monday (total for my short season would be 20 if I went every Monday) because of weather and other activities. The reason I go out on Mondays as a great course near me (1 hour drive) has $25 Mondays with a cart ($20 walking, so for $5 I use a cart) , so it is a great deal and less busy. I always start golfing at 7 am or sooner as I hate the heat and humidity, like to play with no delays and not have people in front of me who slow play on the course.

I shoot anywhere from 87-108 (but usually don't count all penalties, it is penalty enough when you lose a ball). Lowest I have ever shot is 78, highest 115+.

I have been upfront and honest with all posts. Maybe you should check out all my posts and see I am consistent but perhaps not all information which apparently you need was posted in one post, sorry for that Kenny.

I just started a a friendly post to show others how they can practice Ready Golf to improve enjoyment for all so our rounds will be completed in less time. I used to go out after work or mid to late morning but got tired of 5-6 hour rounds, waiting several minutes at every tee box and often on the fairways because of slower players in front of me and it is much too hot and humid at those times of the day here (eg. can be 80-105 degrees with the humidity). I found it better to play very early, first tee time, as all the golfers are much faster, it is much cooler and less busy.

I think you all should have all the relevant facts you need not and stop being unnecessarily negative, lets stay positive we all love golf and that is why we are on this great forum. I just offered my opinion to improve slower play as many people around here have given up golf because it takes way to much time, eg 5-5.5 hours to play, 2 hours driving (1 hour each way),1 hour lunch so 9.5 hours i.e. a whole day I have it cut down to 5 hours total (golf, play, lunch and driving) that is almost a 50% time saving.

Lets all stay positive guys in these pandemic times as there may not be a golf season this year in many places.

Sorry to all the rest of you forum readers, for the longer post but it seems some of you need it to understand and stop being so negative.

May all your drives be long and straight.

Edited by viking
typo and more relevant info

13 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I'm just gonna leave you with this for the night. Hitting 1 shot every minute shooting 100 gets you over 1.5 hours for the round. You may be fast but you aren't that fast.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry BNGB, I play solo, I tee off at 7 am and am done by 9:15 so it takes me 2.25 hours to play solo in a power cart. I am not alone in that, alot of other players in Manitoba Canada do that. You must be a really slow golfer (sorry) or have very slow players in front of you, or drive like a granny on teh course, thus the reason for this post to improve round speed for better golf.

... Viking adding to my considerate vs inconsiderate, give me 10 golfers and you will find 10 different opinions about exactly how long a round of golf should take and what techniques you should use while playing. I play as a single a lot and enjoy meeting new people. A 3 hour round can be too fast to socialize and a 5 hour round can be agonizingly slow. There is a balance between playing a game as an athlete, walking certainly helps, and socializing between shots. I play with people that think 4 hours is too slow and others that think 4 hours is too fast. Not exactly based in science but I find the sweet spot to be 3.5 to 4.5 hours. Now that said, I have played rounds in 3.5 hours that seemed to drag on forever because the group in front goes quickly from tee to green and then screeches to a halt because they are betting and taking forever on the greens. I have also played with a family of 3 playing from different tees in 4.5 hours keeping up both the group in front, immensely enjoying their company and it seemed to be over too quickly. 

... There are no easy formula's to follow when it comes to how long a round should take. Common sense, play ready golf and keep up with the group in front of you will dictate the speed of most rounds. Obviously you are a little different wanting to play alone and as fast as possible which seems to work for you. I just hope those in the restaurant know the Heimlech maneuver if you start choking eating your lunch in 3.5 minutes. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

9 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I keep it on vibrate in case of emergencies (2 kids at home with grandparents). If not, I'll just ignore it and call back later. And if I absolutely have to take the call, I'll ask the flight partners to go ahead and I'll skip this/next hole. 

Perfect response Kanoito. I totally agree 100% with you and fixyurdivot. Bravo to you both. Stay safe.

9 hours ago, Kanoito said:

LOL what's with you and all the ball touching??? 🤔

Just echoing comments from a local newspaper about the golf future in Manitoba with the pandemic, it just seems funny to me when I read it and when non golfers read it. Don't know if courses will be open this year or not, historically they wold have been open buy now (mid to late April but most average golfers earliest would be mid May) as they usually close in early to mid October.

Hey Boston I always walk off nearest yard marker to my ball as i do not have a GPS or range finder. The GPS watch or hand held seems cool always ask a person who is in my group what my yardage is if they have one. One course here has that in their carts, cool feature but often they don't work.
I interact with all my playing partners we have a great time talking you can do those and play ready golf, talk and walk don't just stand around and gab.
Had an 18 hole executive course here I could play in little over an hour.
Like to be the first to tee off in the morning, have the course to myself at times 6:30 am or 7 am tee off. Play 36 and come in for a nice lunch special which won't be happening this year anywhere.

Here is what I am arguing Viking. Reread your post I quoted here. You said you could play 18 holes in a little over an hour. Not 2.5 hours like you claim now, which I know is doable. I’m done arguing with you. You clearly believe that your golf game is the norm and should be played your way.
To the rest of MGS members I apologize for feeding the madness. I will do my best to not let it happen again!

5 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

What happened to the “I usually shoot 95-105 but don’t usually count penalties. It is penalty enough to lose a ball.” That is what your post in the Hello from Canada thread states. You know the one asking for likes so you could apply to test the super speed sticks cuz you are the “Average” golfer.

When I play well and am on a roll for a few games, a few times a year,  that is what I shoot 87-92 but overall for the short season (5 months max but more likley play 3 months) it ranges from 87-115+ with I guess average of 95-105. I am not good enough to shoot the exact same score or within 5 shots every time I golf, if you can do this well you are a good golfer, congratulations to you. I am an average golfer not a good golfer and thus inconsistent in score.

5 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Imagine if he had a SLDR C in the bag, with an upcharge exotic shaft to complete the package.

My irons are TNT Silver Eagle from 1985 (2-sw), it is a knock off of the most successful game change irons from Ping, the Ping Eye 2) and have a slotline inertia blade putter from 1985. I also have my TNT Driver and 3 and 5 wood. I do not bag my 2-3 iron or my TNT metal woods. Got them for Christmas 1985. along with a TNT bag, umbrella, hat, golf ball retriever.

I have a JAZZ Fat Cat driver (2008) and JAZZ Play to Win Troubleshooter hybrids 15, 18, 21,23, 25 (~2005-2006 I think).